Ufc Banter & Predictions

Comments

• Good fight, but sloppy when they get that tired and bashed up. Turns into a bit of a bar fight. Good entertainment, but no epic!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

HOLY FUCK THOSE TWO!!! it was incredible

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013

Sorry, work and wifi have kept me away. Haven't missed any MMA though, including watching the last BAMMA and Cage Warrior cards. Paul Daley's KO was nasty. Ouch. Next ones a big one!

UFC 168 Weidman vs. Silva II

December 28, 2013, MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada

Main Card (on Pay-Per-View)

-Chris Weidman (10-0) vs. Anderson Silva (33-5)

-Ronda Rousey (7-0) vs. Miesha Tate (13-4)

-Travis Browne (15-1-1) vs. Josh Barnett (33-6)

-Jim Miller (22-4, 1 NC) vs. Fabricio Camoes (14-7-1)

-Dustin Poirier (14-3) vs. Diego Brandao (18-8)

Preliminary Card

-Chris Leben (22-10) vs. Uriah Hall (7-4)

-Gleison Tibau (28-9) vs. Michael Johnson (13-8)

-Dennis Siver (21-9) vs. Manny Gamburyan (13-7)

-John Howard (21-8) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (21-5-1)

-William Macario (6-1) vs. Bobby Voelker (24-10)

-Robbie Peralta (16-4) vs. Estevan Payan (14-4

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Silva

Rousey

Barney

Miller

Brandao

Leban

Johnson

Gamburyan

Howard

Maccario

Peralta
  • Just this week I ran across and watch a documentary on more or less the life of Anderson Silva called "Like Water"(comparison to Bruce Lee a bit)   Currently at Silva (-145) and seeing how intensely he is training for "his legacy" in this rematch I may be betting heavily (2K+) on the The Spider.

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • I would take Silva and Rousey, where I a betting man.  But I would like to see Tate take it and I usually favour the underdog so would also like to see Weedman win also.  But I figure he's a serious underdog in this one.  Silva won't be goofing off if he has any marbles.

• 15hrs ahead in Thailand for this card, so looking for somewhere that'll show it. Should be around 12pm on Sunday! Hoping to find one of the bars with it on, as there's loads showing sport and all the English Football matches. If not I'll have to use my computer on Monday! Looking forward to the fights, should be some interesting fights. Especially how the main event fight unfolds.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Can't wait for Sunday!!!

• WOW!

Watching the slow-mo replay I had this strange understanding of Smeagol/Gollum when he said "I like them raw and wriggling" 

You'll understand soon enough. ;-)

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • Step on it? Just raised his hands in victory as Silva hit the floor, he saw it quick!

Entertaining card. Watched it Live in Thailand at 10am in a bar with a pina coloada (only the 2nd time I've had alcohol this year), then hit the beach. Top day considering it's my 41st birthday today. Off for a thai massage now and then some food with my brother!

Hoping to get back in the cage myself in Feb/Mar after my knee surgery. Won't be throwing any kicks!, but might practice checking them more than normal ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• http://www.naturalnews.com/043345_Anderson_Silva_leg_break_vitamin_D_deficiency.html#

As it turns out the greatest fighter of all time may have not been so bulletproof. That being said, Chris was winning the fight but we all will forever wonder what could have happened.

• Apparently Silva told his corner after the first that he believed he had fractured his shin bone, this would explain the complete snap later on.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013

Poor guy.

I would have thought that pro athletes have better nutrition since they are abusing their bodies for a living. Not that sure after this event.

Silva with chronic D deficiency, and they said Rousey couldn't lose weight before starting the Dolce diet, what the hell could have she been doing that starting on grains and fruits helped her lose weight...

Although that article is merely speculation.

• MMA athletes aren't rich or particularly good a looking after themselves. Most haven't much idea on nutrition, training and recovery and rely on coaches. Most coaches aren't that great, as the only way to earn a living in the sport is to own a gym, that doesn't give you enough time to give proper supervision or even learn enough yourself to really help most athletes. That's why the bigger MMA teams (American Top Team, Jacksons etc) are much more successful, as all the athletes help out each other and one coach can look after a few athletes.

Just think, one of the main card fighters on the last UFC (168) only earnt $8,000 to show and lost, so missed out on another $8k. Sponsorship is on average about the same as you show money (obviously this can vary dramatically). So just say he earn $16,000. After taxes, manager fees, and coaching fees, he'll be lucky to be left with £8,000. Most fight camps, which may cost him more than I've taken out, run for 9-12 weeks before the fight. So lets say roughly 3 calendar months and add in an other after the fight, as you need a few weeks off. He's taken home $2,000 a month as one of the top fighters in the world (although lowest paid on the main card).

If you can fight 3 times a year, that's a good year. At that sort of purse for a fight, how can a top guy get top coaching, nutrition, doctors, massage etc. The top guys obviously earn more, but with most careers only lasting a few years at the top it's only a few that earn enough not to worry after they stop fighting. And the public wonder why guys fight on too long! $$$$$$$$

Not sure Ronda is even using Mike Dolce and the Dolce diet. Last I saw on a countdown show (or primetime) on her before her previous fight, See was training 3 times a day and only eating one meal at lunch each day. They showed her eating and followed what she did on the show. She's made weight for all her fights and I've not heard Dolce mention he's working with her. Could just be the Dolce diet has paid her to be on her banner, the whole thing's not too clear as Dolce has been working closely with Nick Lentz who just lost on the previous UFC, so don't think he could have been working with Ronda too as the fight camps would have overlapped. Personally I think anyone giving 95% of fighters a diet and being with them preparing the food and monitoring their weight would do just as good as Dolce compared to most fighters having not much idea at all. I'm not impressed with his ideals that I've heard. I've helped 7 or 8 fighters though camps, diets and weight cuts and they've all made weight and preformed well. It's not that difficult if you know what you're doing. It's not fun either!

That's my 2 cents!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• on the ppv before the fight they talked about how rhonda was stuck at 150lbs and thats when she called mike to help her make the cut.
  • I've asked the question on the Dolce Diet Facebook page.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Not too interested in this card, and this is from someone who's watched every UFC card (numbered and not numbered), every season of TUF, every strike force, Affliction, Pride, EliteXC and most Bellator, UCMMA, Bamma and Cage Warrior events! I know only 4 guys on this card! I'll watch it, but not excited at all about this one. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come as the UFC waters down it's cards.

UFC Singapore Fight Night 34

January 4, 2014, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

Main Card (on UFC Fight Pass)

Tarec Saffiedine (14-3) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (12-3-1)

Tatsuya Kawajiri (32-7-2) vs. Sean Soriano (8-0)

Kiichi Kunimoto (15-5-2-1 NC) vs. Luiz “Besouro” Dutra (11-2-1)

Kyung Ho Kang (11-7-1 NC) vs. Shunichi Shimizu (28-8-10)

Preliminary Card (on UFC Fight Pass)

Max Holloway (7-3) vs. Will Chope (19-5)

Katsunori Kikuno (21-5-2) vs. Quinn Mulhern (18-3)

Royston Wee (2-0) vs. Dave Galera (5-0)

Mairbek Taisumov (19-4) vs.  Tae Hyun Bang (16-7)

Dustin Kimura (10-1) vs. Jon Delos Reyes (7-1)

Leandro Issa (11-3) vs. Russell Doane (12-3)

UFC Singapore Times:

Preliminary Bouts on UFC Fight Pass: 6:30 a.m. ET / 3:30 a.m. PT

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Its a dull card because its a location specific card. I will pass on this one, and like you have watched nearly every last drop of MMA over the last 5 years.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

Dustin Kimura? Chose the right profession with that name, lol. Like that sex doctor named Seaman.

• Poor guy.

I would have thought that pro athletes have better nutrition since they are abusing their bodies for a living. Not that sure after this event.

Silva with chronic D deficiency, and they said Rousey couldn't lose weight before starting the Dolce diet, what the hell could have she been doing that starting on grains and fruits helped her lose weight...

Although that article is merely speculation.

What you think about female MMA?

• edited January 2014

Katolotus:

Not sure Ronda is even using Mike Dolce and the Dolce diet. Last I saw on a countdown show (or primetime) on her before her previous fight, See was training 3 times a day and only eating one meal at lunch each day. They showed her eating and followed what she did on the show. She's made weight for all her fights and I've not heard Dolce mention he's working with her. Could just be the Dolce diet has paid her to be on her banner, the whole thing's not too clear as Dolce has been working closely with Nick Lentz who just lost on the previous UFC, so don't think he could have been working with Ronda too as the fight camps would have overlapped. Personally I think anyone giving 95% of fighters a diet and being with them preparing the food and monitoring their weight would do just as good as Dolce compared to most fighters having not much idea at all. I'm not impressed with his ideals that I've heard. I've helped 7 or 8 fighters though camps, diets and weight cuts and they've all made weight and preformed well. It's not that difficult if you know what you're doing. It's not fun either!

Weight cutting does not seem Bulletproof. Wonder if an energy-advantage through diet and some constructive bio-hacking could overcome competing in a higher weight-class..

• They said during the fight she was having trouble cutting weight and they brought in MD for the last two weeks. I guess eating oatmeal and fruit galore is the answer after all...........
  • It was during the PPV telecast during her walkout. She ws stuck at 155 and they aapparentl tried everything. Her crew called Mike who worked with her the last 2 weeks before the fight. Rhonda talked about it herself breifly during the post fight presser.

•  

Weight cutting does not seem Bulletproof. Wonder if an energy-advantage through diet and some constructive bio-hacking could overcome competing in a higher weight-class..

Guys one weight class up are normally much much bigger. If you can get through the beginning of the fight and start to push there cardio, then maybe, but with a weight, strength and height advantage, that can be difficult and you end up expending more energy trying to match them. I don't fancy fighting at 170lb (77kg), some of the guy are massive!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I met Thiago Alves about 3 years ago. He fights at 170 and at the time I weighed about 174, he was easily 50lbs heavier than me. He was fucking huge and looked to be all muscle aswell. IT was shocking really how big he was.
  • Imagine fighting him and hoping he gets tired before he kills you!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• He would tear me to pieces and not even need a shower afterwards
  • How many of you would it take before he got tired and you could take him?

that's why fighters cut weight!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

UFC Fight Night 35

January 15, 2014

The Arena at Gwinnett Center, Duluth, Georgia

Main Card (on Fox Sports 1)

-Luke Rockhold (10-2) vs. Constantinos Philippou (12-3, 1 NC)

-Lorenz Larkin (14-1) vs. Brad Tavares (11-1)

-T.J. Dillashaw (8-2) vs. Mike Easton (13-3)

-Yoel Romero (6-1) vs. Derek Brunson (11-2)

-John Moraga (13-2) vs. Dustin Ortiz (12-2)

-Cole Miller (20-8) vs. Sam Sicilia (12-3)

Preliminary Card (on Fox Sports 1)

-Ramsey Nijem (7-4) vs. Justin Edwards (8-3)

-Isaac Vallie-Flagg (14-3-1) vs. Elias Silverio (9-0)

-Trevor Smith (10-4) vs. Brian Houston (4-1)

-Alptekin Ozkilic (9-1) vs. Louis Smolka (6-0)

Preliminary Card (Online)

-Vinc Pichel (7-1) vs. Garett Whiteley (7-1)

-Charlie Brenneman (19-5) vs. Beneil Dariush (6-0)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

I would start out with a spinning backfist for the element of surprise, which wouldn't look like what I had envisioned in my mind, speed wise or technique wise.

if I tried that it would probably look like this

original.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file