Ufc Banter & Predictions

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

UFC Fight Night 26 Shogun vs. Sonnen August 17, 2013

Main Card (on Fox Sports 1):

-Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (21-7) vs. Chael Sonnen (27-13-1)

-Alistair Overeem (36-12-1) vs. Travis Browne (14-1-1)

-Urijah Faber (28-6) vs. Yuri Alcantara (28-4)

-Matt Brown (17-11) vs. Mike Pyle (25-8-1)

-Uriah Hall (7-3) vs. John Howard (20-8)

-Joe Lauzon (22-8) vs. Michael Johnson (12-8)

Preliminary Card (on Fox Sports 1):

-Brad Pickett (23-7) vs. Michael McDonald (15-2)

-Conor McGregor (13-2) vs. Max Holloway (7-2)

-Mike Brown (26-8) vs. Steven Siler (22-10)

-Diego Brandao (17-8) vs. Daniel Pineda (18-9)

Preliminary Card (on Facebook):

-Manny Gamburyan (12-7) vs. Cole Miller (19-7)

-Cody Donovan (8-2) vs. Ovince St. Preux (13-5)

-Ramsey Nijem (8-3) vs. James Vick (4-0)

Much better card on paper with a few fight worth seeing. Undercard looks pretty entertaining too! Looking forward to seeing if Conor McGregor can live up to the hype. Also Mike Brown, Brad Picket, Steven Siler, Diego Brandao should all be worth a look before the main card.

All the main card fights look pretty interesting. JLo is always good, see how Hall is getting on after TUF final loss, Matt Brown is always in a war, then the 3 big fights. 

Sunday morning bliss for me. 6am start, no facebook or web until I've watched them all. Bulletproof coffee in hand ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

Main Card (on Fox Sports 1):

-Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (21-7) vs. Chael Sonnen (27-13-1)

-Alistair Overeem (36-12-1) vs. Travis Browne (14-1-1)

-Urijah Faber (28-6) vs. Yuri Alcantara (28-4)

-Matt Brown (17-11) vs. Mike Pyle (25-8-1)

-Uriah Hall (7-3) vs. John Howard (20-8)

-Joe Lauzon (22-8) vs. Michael Johnson (12-8)

-Brad Pickett (23-7) vs. Michael McDonald (15-2)
    -Conor McGregor (13-2) vs. Max Holloway (7-2)

-Mike Brown (26-8) vs. Steven Siler (22-10)

-Diego Brandao (17-8) vs. Daniel Pineda (18-9)

Preliminary Card (on Facebook):

-Manny Gamburyan (12-7) vs. Cole Miller (19-7)

-Cody Donovan (8-2) vs. Ovince St. Preux (13-5)

-Ramsey Nijem (8-3) vs. James Vick (4-0)

Tough card for betting, numbers are set pretty well. Red are the fighters I'm picking. Not sure if I'll bet on this card. Didn't do too well on my two bets on the last card!

Lucky I didn't bet on any of those, went 4-9!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Got to get this thread up and running again with BIG fights coming down the pike!  

I'm not sure why, but this reminded my of Dave Asprey if he shaved bald and learned some MMA from Kato's lotus flower!

proxy.jpg?t=HBhpaHR0cDovL2dyYXBoaWNzOC5u

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

UFC 165 Jones vs. Gustafsson

September 21, 2013, Air Canada Centre, Toronto

Main Bouts (on Pay-Per-View):

-Jon Jones (18-1) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (15-1)

-Renan Barão (30-1) vs. Eddie Wineland (20-8-1)

-Brendan Schaub (9-3) vs. Matt Mitrione (6-2)

-Costa Philippou (12-2-1) vs. Francis Carmont (21-7)

-Pat Healy (29-16) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (20-0)

-Mike Ricci (8-3) vs. Myles Jury (12-0)

-Ivan Menjivar (25-10) vs. Wilson Reis (16-4)

-Chris Clements (11-4) vs. Stephen Thompson (7-1)

-Mitch Gagnon (9-2) vs. Dustin Kimura (10-0)

Preliminary Bouts (on Facebook):

-John Makdessi (11-2) vs. Renee Forte (8-2)

-Michel Prazeres (16-1) vs. Jesse Ronson (13-2)

-Roland Delorme (9-1) vs. Alex Caceres (8-5)

-Nandor Guelmino (11-4-1) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (15-3-1)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• almost, but not quite ;-)

-Pat Healy (29-16) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (20-0)

-Mike Ricci (8-3) vs. Myles Jury (12-0)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I hope Jon Jones gets his ass handed to him tomorrow.  Man it seems like a lot of once thought to be unbeatable UFC champs have lost lately: Anderson Silva, Benson Henderson(that one hurt, he's terrific and seems like a good, genuine guy).  Jones does nothing for me.  Man, I would have loved for Chael Sonnen to beat him just for the bragging rights it would have earned him alone.

I walk right by the site of UFC 165, the Air Canada Center on my way home from work.  I think they are actually filming the weigh ins outside, or trying to tonight.  They are calling for heavy rains and storms tonight.  Incidentally last time UFC was in town GSP used my gym to make weight (we have a primo gym with sauna and spa), apparently he is friends with my condo owners.  They closed gym access for this, I hope they don't do it this weekend I need to get in there myself...

• Alright!

$20 to make tonight even MORE exciting! :-)

4 team "Live Dogs" parlay:

Gustafsson +625

Meathead -112

The Eagle -250

Spiderman +300

$20 pays $1517 if they all come through! :-)

• Wow...Both Peter Parker and the Green Goblin's son fought like pussies.   No risk, no excitement.  Kiss the 20 goodbye, and throw 20 on Gust of Pain!

• Impressive win by Francis Carmont.  If I had known his fight nickname was "Limitless" I'd have tossed some money on him for sure!  Next time I may! 

Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov (21-0) is awesome!  He'll get his belt!

• joeld123joeld123
    edited September 2013

Were the Ring girls last night by any chance a very light blonde and a dark-haired girl?

Reason I ask is because I haven't seen it and like I said, I live close to the Air Canada center.  Next morning I see a dark haired and very light haired girl sitting on a bench ad 8am wearing way too little for September in Toronto waiting for their ride within sight of me drinking my morning coffee from my living room.  They were good looking enough to be UFC ring girls.  

• Every time I don't feel confident enough to bet I do really well. When I feel confident I don't even get 50/50!

Get the feeling if I went for the next card I have no confidence in, I'll get them all wrong! Fucking bookmakers!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited September 2013

Every time I don't feel confident enough to bet I do really well. When I feel confident I don't even get 50/50!

Get the feeling if I went for the next card I have no confidence in, I'll get them all wrong! Fucking bookmakers!

Agreed.  Sometime just looking at the UFC website and placing bets WITHOUT looking or considering the betting line is best.  That bookmaker betting line creeps into my subconscious and often alters my judgement when a line is too heavy of a favorite of too live of a dog to pass on.  

Re: those two hotties:  The top UFC girls are black haired and dirty blond/redish.  They are gorgeous.  Best UFC ring girl tandem ever IMO.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

I felt Gustafsson sort of would have deserved to win, he seemed to dominate the first 3 rounds. But whatever.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    edited September 2013

I felt Gustafsson sort of would have deserved to win, he seemed to dominate the first 3 rounds. But whatever.

I hate to quote Ric Flair, but I always liked the expression "To BE the man, you gotta BEAT the man." In a case like this, I think Gustafsson should have been overly dominant for the whole fight in order to take the title. If it's close, they should err on the side of caution and keep it with the champ. Like with this fight, it could have been argued either way for a few rounds, so I don't think that's good enough to claim a belt.

That's just my feelings on the matter though. Great fight nonetheless! I'm excited for the rematch!

No sorcery, just science. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Yeah you're right...

and also Jones had a better attitude, I read somewhere that the pre-game narratives of the competitors are a good predictors of their winning mindset, and if someone mentions dedication and hard work (like Jones talked about being the best and having a talent in figthing) they're more likely to win, and those who only rant about winning (Gus only talked about taking the belt because it belonged to him or what not) usually don't. Wish I could remember more precisely where I read that, it was so interesting.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.