Quoting Posts

Not sure where else to ask this question...

When I quote a post, it shows up the way I'd expect it to in any other forum in the edit box (sort of in a box). However, when I view posts in a thread, it just get a headline banner with the name of the poster and the date posted, but their text is no longer bracketed by a box, which makes it hard to distinguish the quoted text from normal text. 

I use Safari as my browser. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Comments

• it's just the way the forums are coded, it's not just you (or your browser).

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

We've already had threads about this issue. Think they're looking into the software.

I just out a load of baseline rules before keying in my reply _____________________

You could use hyphens

Others change the colour of their post to something other than black, but that takes a few seconds longer, so I don't bother.

Draw a line in the sand until it's fixed.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• edited June 2013

Here's what I do:

When you reply with quote you can actually alter the quoted text. Which means you can add Bold and/or Italic to the quoted text.

For instance, if I quote you right now, by default it will come out like this:

When I quote a post, it shows up the way I'd expect it to in any other forum in the edit box (sort of in a box). However, when I view posts in a thread, it just get a headline banner with the name of the poster and the date posted, but their text is no longer bracketed by a box, which makes it hard to distinguish the quoted text from normal text. 

or I can add Bold and/or Italic to your text and i'll come out like this:

• Thanks a lot for the replies!

Any Moderators out there, having quoted posts automatically boxed (as they are when editing posts) would be really helpful!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Trust me, they know about it.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well