Trehalose - An Alternative To Raw Honey Before Bed

2»

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
  • RodRod The Rodfather

Can anyone assist with a supplier that will ship to Australia? 

If not, who can I transfer some money to that will buy a bag and post it to me in Aus?

I will help you!!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• I will help you!!

Sweet as!

Ok, what size bags does the product come in? I'm probably look at 1-2lb roughly. What does the product cost? How much would shipping be to Aus?

No sorcery, just science. 

• Oh, Baker! Nice find!

• RodRod The Rodfather

Sweet as!

Ok, what size bags does the product come in? I'm probably look at 1-2lb roughly. What does the product cost? How much would shipping be to Aus?

I have no idea lol, I can call the post office and get some info. Just PM me if you want me to follow through! I don't know where to buy it but Andy posted a site that has it for like  $22 for 3lbs

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• I have no idea lol, I can call the post office and get some info. Just PM me if you want me to follow through! I don't know where to buy it but Andy posted a site that has it for like  $22 for 3lbs

Apparently, you can't receive any new PMs ;)

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited September 2013

Apparently, you can't receive any new PMs ;)

Yea, I have an active PM life lol , let me make some room! 

Darn Archive Conversation function is not working, I'll hit you up on the FB! 

• Yeah this messaging system is quite redundant when we've got each other on facebook... *facepalm*

• I was looking into trehalose based on this thread but cannot find any data to support the benefits of oral intake.  It seems to be absorbed from the GI tract as glucose after breakdown by trehalase and unless given intravenously it does not appear in the blood. On the other hand trehalase is found in the kidneys which suggests that trehalose may indeed be absorbed whole.   Does anyone have more information about this.  

• I was looking into trehalose based on this thread but cannot find any data to support the benefits of oral intake. It seems to be absorbed from the GI tract as glucose after breakdown by trehalase and unless given intravenously it does not appear in the blood. On the other hand trehalase is found in the kidneys which suggests that trehalose may indeed be absorbed whole. Does anyone have more information about this.

Not sure I understod your question?

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

• rme31rme31
    edited December 2013

As far as I can find trehalose is not absorbed as a disaccharide but is broken down to glucose in the GI tract by trehalase.  If this is true I was wondering what benefits  trehalose  has over   glucose or maltose (other than  lower glycemic index) since it appears that it is  essentially glucose that is absorbed from the GI tract  in all 3 cases.   All the positive data that I found  was based on iv administration of trehalose or were extrapolated from  invitro data where digestion is obviously not an issue so not relevant to real world use.   

Just wondering if someone with more knowledge or better resources could shed more light on this 

• I found a whitepaper on Trehalose that says it has numerous benefits such as preventing oxidation of fatty acids, prevents osteoporosis, suppresses body odor, and protects the cornea. Just wish I could find a cheaper source than brooklyn premium since $7.33/lb isn't cheap and its easy to go through this stuff. 

http://www.iupac.org/publications/pac/2002/pdf/7407x1263.pdf

2»