Tips On Getting Modafinil

Anyone have any tips on getting a decent price (or source) on Modafinil? I work in public safety on the overnight shift and I have obstructive sleep apnea for which I use a CPAP... So I'm covered on two of the three reasons it's prescribed. My doctor wrote me the prescription, but it's not covered by my crappy HMO, so my only option is to purchase it from their pharmacy for $619 for a 30 day supply (75mg), which is way out of my price range.

I've heard on the podcasts that Dave purchases his online with a prescription, but most of the sites I've found seem less than reputable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Comments

• Try biogenesis anti aging website

I got them to send to Australia fine, but it was 6 months ago...
    www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!
  • Work with an anti-aging practitioner. Most of them are fairly responsive to this kind of thing.
  • Have you read http://www.gwern.net/Modafinil ? It mentions sources I think
  • A few suggestions unless you want to order from the internet pharmacies (which I don't have any suggestions or infot):
    1. Try one of the discount (basically just a coupon) pharmacy cards to save 100 bucks or so. You can use these at Walmart, etc. Here's one:GoodRx.com (which also shows expected prices for pharmacies in your area), but there are a ton of different ones. I've seen some of the cards at doctor's offices
    2. Ask your doctor for an RX for Nuvigil instead. The manufacturer (at least where I am in the U.S.) is screwing with the prices to force people to Nuvigil. It's half the price in my area vs. Provigil
    3. Go to Nuvigil's website and print the free 1st month sheet
    4. Ask your doctor to write you an RX for the higher dosage and use a pill splitter
    5. Talk with your doctor about working with your insurance w/ the Prior Authorization process

Good luck.
  • I just received my order of 40 Sun Modalert 200 from http://mymodafinil.com/.

This shipped out of India and made it with no timing or customs issues, first to the US, and then forwarded on to Mexico where I live. The e-commerce piece seemed very efficient and professional.

dan
  • So many sharing, very helpful.
    2.gif
  • It's fairly easy to get the legit stuff from a normal doctor visit. What I did was I scheduled an appointment for my doctor.

1. Told him I work late night (make something up if you don't, could be internet job, talking to people overseas for your business, etc)

2. If he doesn't recommend Provigil right off the bat, I would say you did some research and Provigil looks like something that would help.

Once you get prescriptions, provigil is relatively cheap. The generic brand from CVS is about $10 with insurance and the real brand is $100. I went for the real brand, because I want the legit stuff.

Also price varies on your insurance plan.
  • 'G3NOx' wrote:

It's fairly easy to get the legit stuff from a normal doctor visit. What I did was I scheduled an appointment for my doctor.

1. Told him I work late night (make something up if you don't, could be internet job, talking to people overseas for your business, etc)

2. If he doesn't recommend Provigil right off the bat, I would say you did some research and Provigil looks like something that would help.

Once you get prescriptions, provigil is relatively cheap. The generic brand from CVS is about $10 with insurance and the real brand is $100. I went for the real brand, because I want the legit stuff.

Also price varies on your insurance plan.

This is great information. Thanks for sharing. I already have a dr. appt. setup for my yearly physical in a few weeks. I do, actually, work shift work, so I am planning on taking this approach. I am hoping that the insurance will cover the majority of the cost. I would rather pay $10. I wonder if there is anything to really be concerned with using the generic version?? I've always trusted generic versions of prescription drugs.

Thanks,

Skippy
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]BilliardsBiohacker.com - [/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Follow my biohacking projects and listen to my podcast, as I attempt to improve
    my competitve pool performance, brain function and overall health.[/font]
  • I went to the doctor this week and she was easily convinced to write the prescription. She had to look up modafinil, because she had never heard of it. I took the prescription to CVS. They had a "generic" version. The bottle just said "Modafinil", not Provigil? Anyhow, the insurance called my doctor asking why I needed it. I was very clear with the doctor that it was for "shift work". I don't know what the doctor told the insurance (or even if the doctor was the one that talked to the insurance co.), but they denied coverage.

CVS told me that the price for 30 tablets, without insurance, is $600! Wow. Anyhow, I think I'm going to call the insurance company and ask why they didn't cover it and ask them what scenarios would be covered. I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere with it, but it is free to harrass them, right.

Cheers,

Skippy
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]BilliardsBiohacker.com - [/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Follow my biohacking projects and listen to my podcast, as I attempt to improve
    my competitve pool performance, brain function and overall health.[/font]
  • The less "legitimate" ways on the net are certainly cheaper than $600!!!
    www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!
  • $600??? image/icon_eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shock:' />

I can get a 30 day supply of generic Modafinil for £12 sterling which is about $16/17 dollars

I'm contemplating getting some to ee if it can help me on a distance learning course I'm doing as my concentration levels have really dimished the last few years.
  • I use http://mod.ph . They were the only site that were able to provide me with a certificate of analysis.

I've since tested the tablets from mod.ph using the mass spectrometer in our lab and got the same spectrum as in the Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, so very certain what I am buying is genuine. Interestingly I was getting weird results for these cheaper modalert generics that give me unusual effects. Specifically a lot of absorption in the 90 m/z range, suggesting they haven't removed the excess thionyl chloride during synthesis.
  • edited December 2012
    Thank you so much for the links, I just ordered some. I'm thoroughly gitty with excitement. I hope this helps with my ADHD. My psychiatrist is amazing, but he has to follow VA protocol. Which does not allow the efficacy of Provigil/Modafinil for ADHD.

Okay, I tried MyModafinil.com and the pills aren't regulated. One pill is way too much! Another is either a placebo or the dosage is too low.

I did order from http://mod.ph/ , also so I'm hoping those are more regulated.
    I aspire to inspire.
  • Does anyone have a current online source that is reliable? I've heard good and bad. And just as I am ready to order from one that claimed authentic

from Sun, and gauranteed ems/ups delivery, their site is closed. Is a canadian source better?

Thanks for any info, I am ready to try this. I runa business and only get about 4-5 hrs of interuppted sleep a night.
  • Are you talking about mymodafinil? They changed websites randomly to https://mymodafinil.net/. No idea why.