Here is a version of cauliflower tortillaâ€™s from my website. Mine are as BP as I can make them but even thenâ€¦I donâ€™t know how to get around not using a microwave. If anyone has an ideaâ€¦I am all ears. I now keep mine in our basement so I donâ€™t use it for anything except this really!
- 3 cups of uncooked, riced, packed cauliflower (may need 2 lrg heads)
- 6 egg whites
- sea salt
- Remove most of the stems of the cauliflower. Rice cauliflower. I do mine in the food processor in small batches until quite fine. Or you can grate it for more of a work out!
- Measure out 3 cups, packed into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave 3 minutes, stir, microwave 2 minutes.
- Place all cauliflower in a dish towel and wring out the water. This is super important but very tricky to do and not burn yourself.
- Place cauliflower in bowl and cool down a bit in the fridge. Stir it occasionally. This may take an hour or so. (place on a cookie sheet to speed up the process)
- When cauliflower is cool, preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment
- In a bowl, add cauliflower, eggs and salt(to taste). I use lots of Himalayan salt for these, so adjust it to your taste.
- Mix with a spoon. Noteâ€¦it will be a bit runny. Spoon it onto your parchment and make little circles. About 8.
- Place in oven about 10 minutes, flip and cook another 5-7 minutes. Take out and cool on a wire rack
- If you want you can fry up on a pan before eating
Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info