Dave Asprey - Bulletproof Request - Sorry To Bother

Extremely sorry to bother you Mr. Asprey,

Would it be possible to have some Bulletproof INSTANT Coffee? I dont want to brew it, I just want to mix a tablespoon in some hot water and drink it. Would it be possible for you to add bulletproof instant coffee to your product line?

Thank you for your incredibly valuable time,

Hundredgrand

Comments

• Can you dump those cartridges in hot water and stir it with a spoon?

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

why can't you use the beans?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Let's hope Dave's working on more interesting stuff than instant coffee ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    Sorry to dash your hopes but its highly unlikely to ever happen. Why? After Dave has gone through his painstaking process to get his beans shipped to USA, he outsources the roasting to America's best coffee roaster. First point to note. These guys are probably coffee snobs like Dave. To coffee snobs, instant coffee is a sin.

Once they roast the beans, they're ready to bag and ship. But this is where instant coffee processing would enter. The beans need to be ground and crushed, then water added, coffee extracted, then freeze dried, bagged and shipped.

That additional processing adds the potential new ways for mould to grow, plus all the additional costs in equipment and processing.

In order to offset that additional cost to make instant coffee cheaper, manufacturers only have one choice: use the shittiest beans they can find. The lowest quality beans from multiple sources, and even a mix of arabica and robusta get used to make a much cheaper coffee.

So if Dave were to make instant coffee, he would maintain the good beans and have extra processing so bulletproof instant coffee would be more expensive than the existing beans. He doesn't even offer simple pre-ground coffee in bags. I just don't see it happening!
  • karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"
    The only acceptable use of instant coffee is my aunt in Ireland when she makes Irish Coffee. ;)

Is the issue for you time? Maybe get an instant coffee maker with a timer so it self-starts in the morning and then set up your Magic Bullet with KG and MCT the night before. This way you only have to blend and go.