Bulletproof Bechamel Sauce

StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
edited June 2013 in Recipes
Béchamel sauce is another French mother sauce (one being Hollandaise: http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4177-bulletproof-hollandaise-sauce/) also known as white sauce.

Its usually made by creating a roux (mixing fat with flour) and stirring in milk until the sauce is created. I would have tried to replicate this method, but I stumbled onto this quick recipe by accident. I was trying to make something else, but it ended up being exactly like béchamel sauce.

So here's how to make it!

Ingredients:

- 1/4 of a large cauliflower

- 50g of grass-fed butter

- Good quality salt

- water

Equipment:

- steamer or pot with boiling water

- blender

Method:

1. Cut the cauliflower up into smaller chunks so it cooks faster. About 3cm cubes should be fine.

2. Steam the cauliflower al dente or until its a consistency that you like.

3. Put the steamed cauliflower into the blender along with the butter and a pinch of salt.

4. Blend it like there's no tomorrow. Really go for it so it gets really creamy.

5. Add water if you like to get the right consistency. I prefer a thicker béchamel but some people like it runny.

Tips:

- Add MCT oil if you want, why not?

Serve as you would any other béchamel sauce on top of vegetables, steak etc, or use in a lasagne type recipe or wherever a good béchamel is used.
Tagged:

Comments