Coffee + Ice Cream = Wow!

Maybe this has been posted before, but I made some BP "get some" ice cream last night and then this morning had the bright idea to put it into my BP coffee in lieu of the regular butter and mct oil. All I can say is WOW! Try it! I put in maybe two big spoon fulls and blended it in with my immersion mixer (not too long). I also heard in a recent podcast Dave talking about a BP protein smoothie by adding Upgraded Whey to make an iced coffee or something like that. Maybe I'll add some protein to the BP ice cream/coffee mix next time. That may heat up the whey too much now that I think about it, but who knows?

Try it!

Comments

• Sounds magical! Lol, will try when I get a chance.

My Fitness and Nutrition Blog: http://JJStrength.com

• that sounds good, but doesn't the coffee essentially cook the eggs?

• I wondered if I was going to end up with Bulletproof egg drop soup, but it didn't seem to be affected. I don't like really hot coffee, so that may help and the ice cream was frozen so that brought the temp down a bit more. It's possible that putting the ice cream in the coffee isn't the Bulletproofest thing to do, but it sure tasted good. Maybe it would be best to treat it as an iced coffee type of thing to keep it BP? I do know that about an hour after I was mentally and physically super charged. More so than just the regular coffee.

• That sounds pretty damn good. I don't know why I didn't think to try that the last couple of times I made the Ice cream. Looks like I will need to make another batch soon.
  • Ive been making a killer chocolate ice cream since i found the recipe, next time im thinking into sub the water for bp coffee to make a mocha flavor ice cream . I will probably brew it first and let it cool down while i mix the rest .

Any thoughts ?

• Ive been making a killer chocolate ice cream since i found the recipe, next time im thinking into sub the water for bp coffee to make a mocha flavor ice cream . I will probably brew it first and let it cool down while i mix the rest .

Any thoughts ?

i've thought about doing this, post how it turned out once you try!

• would it work to just add ground coffee or would you have to pour a cup of coffee in there? either way, sounds like an awesome combo. 

• I've made mocha ice cream and its important to make a super strong brew. I'd do triple amount of regular beans to water.

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• My only concern with this is that you probably shouldn't do it if you're on the BPIF, cause there are other things in the icecream that aren't just fats (vanilla, xylotol, egg whites, etc) and so you're probably better served having this when you eat, or as an afternoon treat or with decaf later.

• Oh ... I make it mocha ice cream to eat in pm...not as a coffee replacement.

Help me get my blog up and running...check it out for recipes and info

http://adventuresintheuncommon.wordpress.com

• edited July 2013

sorry it took me so long to get back on this post.

i've thought about doing this, post how it turned out once you try!

Mocha Ice cream is the best ,this is what i do :

6 eggs

6 yolks

10 tbs coconut oil

whole stick of kerrygold butter ( chopped up so it doesnt get stuck in the blender)

3-4 tbs MCT

1 tsp bp vanilla ( once i use this batch i wont use it again way to expensive plus i hate vanilla flavor)

1 cap of acv

Blend for 10 min

ive a keurig machine and brew about 8oz, i put about 6oz of coffee in my ice cream 

once the blending is done i add the chilled coffee

blend it again for 1 min

add 1/2-2/3 of 90% chocolate bar 

blend for lass than a minute so it gets chunky

put it in your ice cream machine and done !!!!

Enjoy !!!

• sorry it took me so long to get back on this post.

Mocha Ice cream is the best ,this is what i do :

6 eggs

6 yolks

10 tbs coconut oil

whole stick of kerrygold butter ( chopped up so it doesnt get stuck in the blender)

3-4 tbs MCT

1 tsp bp vanilla ( once i use this batch i wont use it again way to expensive plus i hate vanilla flavor)

1 cap of acv

Blend for 10 min

ive a keurig machine and brew about 8oz, i put about 6oz of coffee in my ice cream 

once the blending is done i add the chilled coffee

blend it again for 1 min

add 1/2-2/3 of 90% chocolate bar 

blend for lass than a minute so it gets chunky

put it in your ice cream machine and done !!!!

Enjoy !!!

was just saying in another thread someone should make BPC Ice Cream and here it is....beautiful