Brain Octane Stomach Ache

So far the brain octane gives me a bad stomach ache. Not like your typical Mct oil, run to the bathroom problem you hear about. I never had that issue, but just a dull achy pain in my stomach. I tried half regular upgraded Mct and half brain octane and it was a lesser ache, but still there. I even take jarrow acetyl L-carnitine to help digest it. Anyway I've just switched back to regular upgraded Mct and have two neglected bottles of brain octane sitting on the shelf. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• I had an increased intestinal sensitivity with the Brain Octane but no stomach pain. Had to reduce the actual amount of Brain Octane oil or else I got what could be diagnosed as classic IBS symptoms, which I never got with regular MCT.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I had that when I first go the upgraded MCT. It went away eventually after about a week. Just push through it. Did you get any cognitive effects from drinking it?

• Yes, I did notice a good cognitive effect. I'll give it another go. I'll start with a little and try to work my way up. I never had any issue with Mct so I didn't even think to consider that I probably just need time to adjust. Good call.
  • Im adjusting nicely to the Brain Octane - it took about a week. Funny, I had been using what is likely a high-toxin coffee for its caffeine content mixed with Upgraded Coffee - Deathwish Coffee.  Its very caffeinated. I have stopped using it but still have super high levels of alertness thanks due to the Brain Octane oil. I just realized now. That is pretty neat!

• I had a bad stomach ache only once and have not had one since. Try taking an enzyme called LIPASE which helps your body digest fat. Dave has suggested it for people who may have a hard time digesting fats or who get stomach aches when eating MCT Oil

~ The Universe goes inward just as much as it goes outward ~

• After going through 4 32 oz bottles of brain octain I started getting a pain in my stomach that build up until I had to run to the bathroom which lasted all afternoon two days in a row. It was a new bottle just purchased and I think this bottle is from a bad batch. I never had problems with all the other bottles I went through. Has anyone experienced the same? Think I'm going to return this bottle and get another with different dates/ codes.

• @Sherry said:
    After going through 4 32 oz bottles of brain octain I started getting a pain in my stomach that build up until I had to run to the bathroom which lasted all afternoon two days in a row. It was a new bottle just purchased and I think this bottle is from a bad batch. I never had problems with all the other bottles I went through. Has anyone experienced the same? Think I'm going to return this bottle and get another with different dates/ codes.

No but I know that Dave has very good QA people. Please share with us what happens here!

• After a year, I still get bad cramps from small amount of BO oil. No gas, no running to the WC, just dull pain. I have to use a digestive enzyme to make it less worse. My naturopath doc said it was the pancreas difficulty processing fat, and to cut back, yet I have no trouble with regular coconut oil or cacao butter coconut butter. I eat phat bombs all the time.