Milk Allergy Vs. Grassfed Butter.

I've been making BP coffee since last year with pureindianfoods.com grassfed ghee, as I've had a regular dairy intolerance for a long time. It's not as severe as other people, but, when I eat dairy or wheat regularly, I put on weight, feel sluggish, I feel as if I get kanker sores inside my mouth and on my tongue sometimes, I sweat more, I snore, etc.

My question is: who here on this forum has found that, while they are intolerant to normal dairy (milk, cheese, etc) that they are actually very tolerant of grassfed butter? I like ghee, don't get me wrong, but it is a bit oily in my coffee, even after blending, and from what I hear, it doesn't taste nearly as good as grassfed butter.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

Not trying to be a smartass, but for $3.99 and a trip to your local market you can run an exposure experiment, you are the only one who can determine whether or not there will be an issue.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • InfinusssInfinusss Relax

Not trying to be a smartass, but for $3.99 and a trip to your local market you can run an exposure experiment, you are the only one who can determine whether or not there will be an issue.

Jason, I was actually half-expecting that answer from you, as I've been lurking in the forums for a while, now. Ultimately, I know that I'm going to have to experiment on myself, but since my "allergic" reactions aren't always immediate or severe, I didn't really want to have to load myself up with enough butter over the course of a week to feel and see the effects.

Thanks for being a smartass, though, hahah. Seriously, man, the more I try new things, the more I'm realizing that it really is about self-experimentation, and noting how you feel, getting blood tests, etc. So, I like your response.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

It's just I my boss's sister can't have anything at all, not even ghee, I told her about Kerrygold and she couldn't do that either, my gf's brothers daughter has to have her crap physically pulled out of her when she has dairy but was fine with kerrygold or ghee.  It's a total crap shoot from person to person.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • InfinusssInfinusss Relax

It's just I my boss's sister can't have anything at all, not even ghee, I told her about Kerrygold and she couldn't do that either, my gf's brothers daughter has to have her crap physically pulled out of her when she has dairy but was fine with kerrygold or ghee.  It's a total crap shoot from person to person.

Whoa, that's nuts.