Li Ching Yuen- Alleged Lifespans Of 256 Years

Li Ching-Yuen or Li Ching-Yun was a Chinese herbalist that supposedly lived to be over 256 years old.

What do you guys think bullshit or real? 

Here's an alternative medicine/spiritual pov of Li Ching-Yuen's diet 

Indomitable- when you break you get right back up

Comments

• Some of the stuff mentioned in the video aligns with the bp diet such as vegetarian diet to clean out toxins and promoting the consumption of game-meat, also talks about how being in a vegetarian diet for too long will make you mentally unstable. haha

• I heard of another crazy guy who eats a stick of butter a day, and lost 100 poun.. oh. Nevermind. (Anything is possible :) )

• I think he did live that long or close to it.  He advice was having a quiet heart, walk like a pigeon.  He consumed goji berries and herbal wines.  He also practiced qigong to extend his life span.

• ClassicClassic
    edited August 2013

Here's a link that has a re-print of a New York Times article about Li Ching Yuen when he died. He gave his age as 197. 

http://plantcures.com/Lichingyun.html

Highly impressive, if true.

Stranger things have happened,  I guess.

• From what I've heard, its not uncommon for people in certain parts of the world to live well into their hundreds. A friend of mine showed me a clip from a documentary of a 250 year old man in India. The Okinawans claim that the secret to longevity is to eat just enough food but not to indulge.

• You know what the cure is for stories like this? Social Security Numbers.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• J.T.J.T.
    edited August 2013

I think in the USA, it's impossible. Too much pollution, stress, toxins, and control by the government. Y'all are fat disgusting pigs.

• haha I just notice there is a hyperlink to Chinese people in my post probably came from Wikipedia.

I think its possible that he lived 200+ years I mean most of the guys that made it in the Guinness World Record are over 100 just from genetics from genetics only, no special diets or daily exercises.

•  

I think its possible that he lived 200+ years I mean most of the guys that made it in the Guinness World Record are over 100 just from genetics from genetics only, no special diets or daily exercises.

Yeah, it's not too uncommon to hear about somebody making it to 100 here in the U.S.

So if you live in a better environment, eat right, exercise and are able to keep your stress levels way down for the most part, then I could see an extra 20 or 30 (or maybe even 50) years. He also took plenty of various adaptogenic herbs, so that's a bonus.

Throw in great genes, as well, and that's an extra boost.

All the way to 197 (which is what he says, not the 256 in some reports), though? Hmm...

He lived in a completely different time period, so without all the extra pollution and so forth. I have a hard time accepting his professed age-span, but still, who knows?