How To Get Rid Of Wrinkles?

I am 27 and a mom for one kid.I have dark circles and wrinkles around eyes,I am in fair  complexion.I have inherited this from my mom.I want to use a concealer to cover up the dark circles around eyes.I haven't used this till now.I want to know which type of concealer i should use and from which brand and how to use it.Can I use it on daily basis.

Comments

• Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so....

Eat lots and lots of vegetables with lots of beta carotene and other antioxidants, lots of wild caught salmon, and stay hydrated.  I can't emphasize the vegetables with antioxidants enough.  My skin holds its tan longer and glows (I think) from the orange and yellow vegetables I eat.

Also, retin A works.  Some years ago, I managed to get it for acne (sshh, my insurance company pays, although I have to watch lots of things in my diet because I really am acne prone and the first place it shows is my skin).

:)

Mary

Mary

• Jason, where on the Bulletproof site can I get some info on collagen?  That's on my mental "to-do" list of supplements to look into.  For me, it would be for skin-firming purposes.  Thanks :)

Mary

• dark circles suggest adrenal fatigue

• Try a touch of MCT under your eyes, in both directions to make sure you get it in the corners. It really moisturizes. Don't let the skin under your eyes ever get dry. Use a thick night cream at night, stuff like that really helps!

• GeijutsuGeijutsu
    edited July 2013

The very first thing you need to do in order to prevent any future wrinkles worsening is sun protection, the sun's UV rays are responsible of the majority of what we consider skin aging, make sure to use a zinc oxide sunscreen that does not have any of the chemicals that regular sunscreens have, Google "physical vs. chemical sunscreens" and read about the differences and how to pick a good choice.

Second thing is diet, make sure to have enough proteins to help the skin repair itself, if you can afford buying the upgraded collagen then go for it, try to incorporate veggies in your diet as well, you'll definitely see a difference in your skin coloring, supplementing with omega 3 will help too.

For skin care, as one of the posters suggested; Retin A has proven time and time again to work against wrinkles, but if you have sensitive skin; make sure to start slow and with the lower concentration available, also applying it under the eye could thin out the skin too much for the first few months and initially making the under eye area look worse.

Topical vitamin C is a good option too, it stimulates the fibroblasts to make collagen which in return fills out wrinkles.

And the last and probably the most important step, get a good night sleep, no matter what topical you use or how on track are you with your diet, being sleep deprived will tax on your skin big time, so try to go to bed early and wake up early every time, check out the sleep section of this forum on ways to improve the quality of your sleep.

If you follow this path, then you'll definitely see positive changes in your skin overall, good luck!

• The very first thing you need to do in order to prevent any future wrinkles worsening is sun protection, the sun's UV rays are responsible of the majority of what we consider skin aging, make sure to use a zinc oxide sunscreen that does not have any of the chemicals that regular sunscreens have, Google "physical vs. chemical sunscreens" and read about the differences and how to pick a good choice.

Second thing is diet, make sure to have enough proteins to help the skin repair itself, if you can afford buying the upgraded collagen then go for it, try to incorporate veggies in your diet as well, you'll definitely see a difference in your skin coloring, supplementing with omega 3 will help too.

For skin care, as one of the posters suggested; Retin A has proven time and time again to work against wrinkles, but if you have sensitive skin; make sure to start slow and with the lower concentration available, also applying it under the eye could thin out the skin too much for the first few months and initially making the under eye area look worse.

Topical vitamin C is a good option too, it stimulates the fibroblasts to make collagen which in return fills out wrinkles.

And the last and probably the most important step, get a good night sleep, no matter what topical you use or how on track are you with your diet, being sleep deprived will tax on your skin big time, so try to go to bed early and wake up early every time, check out the sleep section of this forum on ways to improve the quality of your sleep.

If you follow this path, then you'll definitely see positive changes in your skin overall, good luck!

Solid post. I'll follow your advice.

• I appreciate what Geijutsu said about vegetables.  I love baby carrots and those mini bell peppers in red, orange and yellow. Squash, as well. If you get lots of beta carotene in your diet, it's like getting Retin-A from the inside, only better.  It gives your skin a nice glowing color.  I wish I had learned this a long time ago.  I keep my fruit intake minimal so I have more latitude to get carbs from vegetables (sad, I love fruit, too).

I have an order in right now for Upgraded Collagen.  I actually don't have that many wrinkles for being 40-something.  However, 7 years ago I lost 45 lbs and I think the skin on my mid-section could be tighter.  I'm curious to see what collagen might do, since I don't have issue that's serious enough to consider plastic surgery, or so my friends who have had children tell me.

Mary

• CSp8CSp8
    edited July 2013

Jojoba oil with vitamin E - buy them separately from Garden of Wisdom and make your own mix. Jojoba oil penetrates skin and sucks the vitamin E down with it, otherwise the vitamin E molecule is so big it just sits on top of the skin.  At least that's what Ive read in the past. That's for preventing wrinkles if you are uncomfortable or unable to try Retin-A. I tried it, didn't like it, but it is one of the only things clinically proven to treat and prevent wrinkles.

I am also a big fan of M2 skincare - a mixture of malic and mandelic acids. A 50$ bottle of the high potency skin refinish lasts me 4 months of almost nightly applications. Pore appearance is reduced, skin tone is evened, its a product that makes me very happy. Some skin experts recommend leaving your skin completely bare when sleeping, as opposed to those that recommend always keeping your skin moisturized. The logic there is you want to let your skin breathe.

All that said, topicals shouldn't be a main concern when it comes to wrinkle prevention and treatment of dark circles or even acne. Your skin tells a tale, and topicals (if used as sole treatment) kind of tell your skin to shut up. Non inflammatory diet combined with antioxidants and proper supplements help more with that than topicals. Concealers have even been said to accelerate wrinkle development, as you will be tugging and smearing product on top of the ultra thin, ultra sensitive eye skin area. You asked for concealer recommendations, but there are a billion kinds of concealers - full coverage, potted concealers, light diffusing, etc. I would recommend MAC studio fix concealer, but its not going to look right if your skin isn't properly moisturized and if you don't wear makeup on the rest of your face.

• Try a touch of MCT under your eyes, in both directions to make sure you get it in the corners. It really moisturizes. Don't let the skin under your eyes ever get dry. Use a thick night cream at night, stuff like that really helps!

i use mct all over my face at night, it is miraculous.

• Really! MCT under the eyes! I'm going to bring a little bottle of it up to my bathroom right now.
  • When I make my coffee I use a TBSP to measure my MCT. Then I let that spoon sit on the table... later on I'll come back and there's a wee little pool of MCT at the bottom of the spoon... that's usually all I need for under my eyes.

• OK,good info on the face but...I am almost 60 and am losing weight with BP. However, I am NOT losing the extra skin that used to have fat in it! Is it even possible at this age - having been overweight most of my life, to shrink that skin? I can't imagine having the money to have surgery but pretty soon I am going to need to figure out something. Any ideas?

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

OK,good info on the face but...I am almost 60 and am losing weight with BP. However, I am NOT losing the extra skin that used to have fat in it! Is it even possible at this age - having been overweight most of my life, to shrink that skin? I can't imagine having the money to have surgery but pretty soon I am going to need to figure out something. Any ideas?

=====

Collagen and vitamin C should help with the extra skin too.

• OK,good info on the face but...I am almost 60 and am losing weight with BP. However, I am NOT losing the extra skin that used to have fat in it! Is it even possible at this age - having been overweight most of my life, to shrink that skin? I can't imagine having the money to have surgery but pretty soon I am going to need to figure out something. Any ideas?

I too am almost 60 on a ketogenic diet lifestyle for several months now.. finding I have some extra skin.. not a lot but its there.. and Yes I agree I would like to find a good way to tighten it up..  I love my bp every morning. and finally glad to see someone my age that is doing this also.

• Genetically, you are either a sinking or a sagger.  As stated above choose a healthy sunscreen but don't overdo it.  I can speak for women....as you age, you are better to wear a bit extra "junk in the trunk" than to look sunken in the face.  There's a happy medium for us 50+ people.  Tighten up what you have an be happy.  I've had success with a Wrinkle Reduction Serum called Ageoff.