New To This Forum, Newbie Biohacker, Too Young For Menopause But Am Right There :)

Hey all,

I'm brand new to this forum.  My "issue" right now is that I am just now hitting menopause, which has been confirmed by a 24 hour urine test.  I don't make much estrogen or progesterone right now.  Naturopath put me on bioidentical progesterone and estrogen. My big issue is sleep -- I can't stay asleep for more than 4 -- 5 if I'm lucky -- hours.  I may also have adrenal fatigue, which is a remnant of full-time grad school while full-time employed, stressful jobs, lo cal diets, and my love of exercise.

The good news is that my HGH was through the roof.  Apparently HIIT and yoga work.

Any peri-menopausal/menopausal women have similar sleep issues?  What works for you?  I've been on progesterone a month now and no relief.  I am starting adrenal support however.  

Namaste'

Mary

Comments

• Hey all,

I'm brand new to this forum.  My "issue" right now is that I am just now hitting menopause, which has been confirmed by a 24 hour urine test.  I don't make much estrogen or progesterone right now.  Naturopath put me on bioidentical progesterone and estrogen. My big issue is sleep -- I can't stay asleep for more than 4 -- 5 if I'm lucky -- hours.  I may also have adrenal fatigue, which is a remnant of full-time grad school while full-time employed, stressful jobs, lo cal diets, and my love of exercise.

The good news is that my HGH was through the roof.  Apparently HIIT and yoga work.

Any peri-menopausal/menopausal women have similar sleep issues?  What works for you?  I've been on progesterone a month now and no relief.  I am starting adrenal support however.  

Namaste'

Get your cortisol checked, and do it at 4 times throughout the day. This will tell you if you are over-producing or under-producing at specific times in the day, and then you can supplement accordingly.

• Make sure you've got proper blackout curtains in your room and there are no light sources.  Earthing also helps sleep enormously (and normalises cortisol rhythm).  

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

Look into Dave's salt in the morning routine for giving your adrenals a bit of a hand.

Also, you didn't mention if you were doing it but intermittent fasting and being in ketosis can be stressful on the adrenals so don't do those.

• Thanks, everyone.  I definitely need blackout curtains.  I'm not doing intermittant fasting, but I'm teetering on the edge of ketosis.  I eat a lot of vegetables, so I am getting enough carbohydrate to just barely stay out of ketosis.  I think the HRT and adrenal support is helping with my sleep, though, and I'm starting to feel a whole lot nicer.  Funny, my husband isn't quite so irritating when I've had 6 hours of sleep :)

My next naturopath appointment is in August and I'll see if she'll have me do the saliva cortisol done at 4 times during the day.  That should be interesting, although 

Mary