Optimizing Bulletproof Diet For Autoimmune Kidney(!) Condition

Dear all,

I have been recently diagnosed with Nephrotic syndrome (protein in urine + low blood protein levels + elevated lipids + edema of legs).

We did a biopsy 2 weeks ago and it turned out to be a rather nasty one: focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. I was started on glucorticoids (Methylprednisone) a week ago.

I am currently looking into alternative ways to heal myself and minimize risks from the medicines (which are, however, unavoidable). 

I have been eating Paleo for years and currently trying to tight it up with an autoimmune protocol (already miss coffee, eggs and some occasional dairy!) to see how it goes. 

I would appreciate any advice in regards to Bulletproof / paleo diet for autoimmune kidney conditions. Whether I need to eliminate something else from my diet. Or, on the other hand, increase consumption of some foods.

I primarily follow autoimmune paleo protocol as described here www.thepaleomom.com/the-autoimmune-protocol-aip‎

In regards to supplements, my doctors takes a conservative approach. I stopped my multivitamin/mineral and obviously all sport supplements (whey, creatine, glutamine). I am taking calcium for the first time (because Prednisone increases its depletion) and D3. 

I would appreciate any advice or personal stories in regards to autoimmune conditions! Especially, in regards to kidneys.

Thank you very much!

Comments

• I would really appreciate any thoughts! 

Not necessarily diet-related, but just anything you in terms of treatment of FSGS (focal segmental glomerulosclerosis).

Also, as I'm currently on Cyclosporine, I would also appreciate any advice in terms of lowering its side effects.

Thank you very much!

• jltjlt

One of my sons has fsgs. Have you had any success treating it naturally?