Home Mold Test Results

Hey Bullet Proof Community!

So I just got back some results from a "Mold Armor" mold kit. I purchased the kit at home depot for about 20 bucks and then sent then sent the petri dish off to the lab for another 40...

we just got our results back and I was hoping some of you, maybe even Dave could weight in about these specific kinds that were identified.

Here is the list they told us. This was from a petri dish in my bedroom on the nightstand that sat in open air in the month of April in Athens Ga, and I am located right on the Middle Occonee river. We live in a rental, the roof has water damage and the downstairs basement (which we never go into and is not tied into the HVAC) had a pretty bad mold infestation last summer due to the dehumidifier in the basement dying.. The landlord has a good bit of nostalgic antiquities down there...

So beyond scouring google I was thinking that this might be a good place to start for help/advice.

here are the molds identified:

Cladosporium sp.

Epicoccum sp.

Phoma sp.

Rhodotorula sp.

The report gave a brief description of each mold and possible allergic potentials or pathogens:

CLADOSPORIUM

Natural Habitat

A worldwide saprophytic fungi, being isolated from dead plant material and soil.

Suitable Substrates in the Indoor Environment

Fiberglass duct liners, paint, textiles. Associated with condensation areas around aluminum window frames, air intakes and outlets, showers

Free moisture required for mold growth

0.84-0.88

Mode of Dissemination

Air

Allergic Potential

Hay Fever and Asthma

Potential or Opportunistic Pathogens

May cause keratitis, onchyomycosis, pulmonary infections, sinusitis

EPICOCCUM

Natural Habitat

A worldwide saprophytic fungi, being isolated from dead plant material and soil.

Paper, textiles

0.86-0.90

Mode of Dissemination

Wind

Allergic Potential

Hay fever, asthma

Unknown

PHOMA

Natural Habitat

Soils, conifers, cucumbers (foliar disease)

Ceiling tiles, cement, floor tiles, paint, rice, rubber, wood, butter

Unknown

Mode of Dissemination

Water splash, insect, wind when spores are dry

Allergic Potential

Unknown

Phaeohyphomycosis in immunocompromised patients

RHODOTORULA

Natural Habitat

Carpet, cooling coils, humidifiers, water tanks

0.90-0.95

Mode of Dissemination

Air currents, wind

Allergic Potential

Reported to be allergenic

While being considered a common contaminant, Rhodotorula may infect individuals with predisposing risk factors to cause meningitis, endocarditis, endophthalmitis

So I just wanted to get yall's take on this, is it serious or are these normal common molds that I should not worry about? I have a 19 month old daughter and a wife... Moving would be a pain in the ass so we want to have a full understanding of what we are dealing with.

Thanks Everyone!