Flour Substitute?

What are people using instead of flour for baking etc....?

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I use coconut flour as mention by jason above.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Just substitute equal amount of coconut flour for wheat flour? I know coconut flour absorbs more moisture
  • maaxgrreenmaaxgrreen keeping it hella ancestral

On Amazon you can get a 4-pack of sweet rice flour for something like $12. Even if you're baking a lot that should last you a good while. Dave recommends it over other flours in Upgraded Chef for the BP cupcake recipe. 

• I love coconut flour and continue to experiment.  I have a decent recipe for coconut flour pumpkin muffins, which are pretty good if you aren't expecting them to taste exactly like the refined wheat flour version.  However, I've recently found that I'm sensitive to eggs (darn it, but not surprising since I was eating lots of them).   Tried to re-tool the recipe to work with egg replacer (potato starch-based) this weekend.  Epic fail :(

Mary

• I love coconut flour and continue to experiment.  I have a decent recipe for coconut flour pumpkin muffins, which are pretty good if you aren't expecting them to taste exactly like the refined wheat flour version.  However, I've recently found that I'm sensitive to eggs (darn it, but not surprising since I was eating lots of them).   Tried to re-tool the recipe to work with egg replacer (potato starch-based) this weekend.  Epic fail :(

COULD YOU POST THE RECIPE PLEASE