Fasting And Work

I've been drinking only upgraded bulletproof coffee in the am and fasting from the night before. I work at target and the job is moderately physical. I am not digging ditches, but I move fast, squat, bend , stand, climb ladders and lift heavy objects often. I find myself fatigued often, and attribute it to the fasting and work. At lunch I chug 1 tbs of mct oil, with some nootropics. Anyone else think adding in a banana, with some unsweetened coconut milk at lunch would be a good idea? Due to the nature of my work eating some carbohydrates seems ideal. I eat starch daily (50-100g), a banana is about half glucose, half fructose and a big size one is around 5-10 grams of each sugar type. I take nootropics that increase blood flow to the brain, I am not sure, but maybe this calls for more glucose. I've been fasting since about 2008 and been on and off paleo since 2009. I know my body is fat adapted. If anyone has any insight I would be greatly appreciative.
Tagged:

Comments

• Just off the cuff I'd say double or triple your MCT chug.
  • Maybe try to have your meal earlier and then condition yourself to fast later in the day... Ya know. M, 12, T, 12.15, W, 12.30, TH 12.45, F 1

I use nootropics, but my brain is heavily taxed at my work. I did 6 years at Wal-Mart and wouldnt waste my nootropics gearing up my noodle for shift work, but maybe you're planning and plotting for your next career?

• Just off the cuff I'd say double or triple your MCT chug.
    Today, I was running late, and was not able to measure my mct oil. I threw a couple of bottles of supplements into a bag with my mct oil and took off. During lunch, I chugged some mct oil and swallowed, I knew automatically I was f**ked. Thirty minutes later, my gut started to bubble and had to run to the bathroom. After multiple trips, my energy levels, took a nose dive and I was desperate for my shift to end. Definitely don't want to increase mct oil.

Maybe try to have your meal earlier and then condition yourself to fast later in the day... Ya know. M, 12, T, 12.15, W, 12.30, TH 12.45, F 1

I've been fasting for years, and I use to workout before work and eat a big meal. Then, I would maybe eat a small lunch and fast the rest of the day, until the next morning. I found the whole process, too much. I would have to wake up very early to work out, then stress over trying to cook before I had to leave. Now, I wake up take a cold shower, prepare coffee and then do dual n back training. Much less stress and I can come home and enjoy my cooking.

"[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I use nootropics, but my brain is heavily taxed at my work. I did 6 years at Wal-Mart and wouldnt waste my nootropics gearing up my noodle for shift work, but maybe you're planning and plotting for your next career? "[/font]

I have no ambitions or desires to become an over worked, over stressed office jockey. I really have no interest in going through the school system, either. Currently I am trying to promote to the shipping receiver, which is Mon-Fri 6a-230p. I like how the nootropics allow me to stayed focused and do my job better. I use dnb and nootropics to enhance my learning ability and memory recall. I also meditate, because I want to maintain a zen state of mind. However, these things attribute to my work in progress side job, which is forex trading. I've been at it for years with many ups and downs emotionally. I've decided to basically keep it part time, and not allow myself to think about how it would be if I traded from home for income. I am content with target and will keep at trading until, I either get it down or I die trying.

Thanks again for the advice.
  • How bout an under-worked, under-stressed desk jockey?

The world is not binary...
  • 'dpwdan' wrote:

How bout an under-worked, under-stressed desk jockey?

The world is not binary...

Dan, do you have my job? image/icon_neutral.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-|' />

• Dan, do you have my job? image/icon_neutral.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':-|' />

It's possible. I tend to work in bursts and then coast...sort of like doing Tabata's in the office. And doing it that way, I'm more productive than most people here while still taking time to go for walks and check in on the forum...listen to podcasts, etc. If asked, I'd cite Jonah Lehrer's book "Imagine" or David Allen's work...the downtime makes the worktime more successful.

I work for an energy utility doing compliance and policy work; so it's feast or famine most of the time. I work with good people and the company is not bad either. 40 hrs/wk with only a little travel.
  • I feel ya OP, and I actually dig on your mentality. I also practice meditation (now currently teaming with the emwave and its a cool experiment) and simply enjoy the feeling of nootropics outside of the benefit they deliver at my work. I've also always felt that working retail teaches many lessons and can give peopel a good perspective on things. Further, it truly is nice to have a low-stress job that ends when you punch the clock leaving you to pursue whatever your interests are.
  • 'dpwdan' wrote:

It's possible. I tend to work in bursts and then coast...sort of like doing Tabata's in the office. And doing it that way, I'm more productive than most people here while still taking time to go for walks and check in on the forum...listen to podcasts, etc. If asked, I'd cite Jonah Lehrer's book "Imagine" or David Allen's work...the downtime makes the worktime more successful.

I work for an energy utility doing compliance and policy work; so it's feast or famine most of the time. I work with good people and the company is not bad either. 40 hrs/wk with only a little travel.

Nice man, I think I have some deep rooted sub-conscious fear, which keeps me from doing many things. I create excuses for many things, and have built up a comfort zone. The whole idea of going to school for years and getting stuck with some job, I may not enjoy, scares me. I like consistency with my life, a job having me travel, work late days and work past 40 hours sucks. I also like physical simple work, if I want challenges I will find them outside of work, with no pressure. One day, maybe I can work out these deep rooted fears and actually begin to achieve my full potential. Until then, I'll just remain a top quality under achiever.
  • I dig your openness..and understand all the complications with the job market and school and all that..keep doing the internal work and I'm sure you'll land on your feet in a space that works for you if or when you move on from where you are now. Contentment and self-respect are invaluable..I still have much to learn there myself..we all do. It sounds like you are working your path quite well..
  • Interesting day today. I did a metabolic resistance bodyweight circuit before work, then proceeded to bust my ass at work. (Lifting and hauling heavy boxes of cat litter) I only had butter and mct oil with upgraded bpc, until after work. I had 1tbs mct oil chug at lunch. Overall, with the amount of work done, I figured I would be looking for some starch for energy, but surprisingly I was fine. My body did feel taxed at some point, almost like I could feel it tapping into the muscle for energy. Overall I left after 8 hours still walking about 4.5mph everywhere I went in the store. I discussed some other issues ( http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/464-excess-jitters-and-potential-circulation-issues/ )with jitters from coffee, and nootropics, but experimented with less today. The jitters were almost non existent. However, at lunch when I had the mct oil, I felt the jitters come back. I only ever have 1 cup of coffee before work and no more caffeine. This mct is some amazingly powerful stuff and I grow to respect it more and more each day. Anyway enough rambling have a good one.