Tart Lemony Parfait with Whipped Cream
- 6 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Lakanto that has already been finely ground in a nut grinder or VitaMix
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping Tbsp agar flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 - 8 drops of Body Ecologyâ€™s liquid Stevia Concentrate
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- In saucepan combine eggs and Lakanto and beat together with electric beater. DO NOT HEAT YET
- Beat lemon juice into egg/Lakanto mixture.
- In second saucepan bring water to a boil and add agar flakes and sea salt. Stir to dissolve and let simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat but keep warm.
- Move saucepan with egg/Lakanto/lemon juice mixture to cook top and bring to a simmer over low heat. (Keep heat low so you do not cook the eggs)
- Stirring constantly melt the butter slices into this mixture
- When melted, remove from heat and add lemon rind and stevia liquid concentrate.
- Slowly pour warm agar mixture into egg/Lakanto/lemon juice/lemon rind/stevia mixing well.
- Pour mixture into parfait glasses and let cool in refrigerator.
Before serving top with Lakanto or stevia-sweetened whipped cream...but only if your body is fine with dairy. Cream has casein.
NOTE: This recipe can be used as a filling to make a lemon meringue pie. For better food combining we suggest a soaked and raw nut crust for the crust and an egg white meringue.
this is from Body Ecology. i've never tried Lakanto, but i think it's a mixture of erythritol and lo han guo. i think this recipe would be fine with just stevia