Lemon Pudding

Tart Lemony Parfait with Whipped Cream

(Serves 4)

Ingredients

• 6 large egg yolks, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup of Lakanto that has already been finely ground in a nut grinder or VitaMix
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 heaping Tbsp agar flakes
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 6 - 8 drops of Body Ecology’s liquid Stevia Concentrate
  • 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  1. In saucepan combine eggs and Lakanto and beat together with electric beater. DO NOT HEAT YET
  2. Beat lemon juice into egg/Lakanto mixture.
  3. In second saucepan bring water to a boil and add agar flakes and sea salt. Stir to dissolve and let simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat but keep warm.
  4. Move saucepan with egg/Lakanto/lemon juice mixture to cook top and bring to a simmer over low heat. (Keep heat low so you do not cook the eggs)
  5. Stirring constantly melt the butter slices into this mixture
  6. When melted, remove from heat and add lemon rind and stevia liquid concentrate.
  7. Slowly pour warm agar mixture into egg/Lakanto/lemon juice/lemon rind/stevia mixing well.
  8. Pour mixture into parfait glasses and let cool in refrigerator.

Before serving top with Lakanto or stevia-sweetened whipped cream...but only if your body is fine with dairy. Cream has casein.

NOTE: This recipe can be used as a filling to make a lemon meringue pie. For better food combining we suggest a soaked and raw nut crust for the crust and an egg white meringue.

this is from Body Ecology.  i've never tried Lakanto, but i think it's a mixture of erythritol and lo han guo.  i think this recipe would be fine with just stevia

Tagged: