Iced Coffee?

2»

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I count everyday, every meal with myfitnesspal. I need to stay at a certain weight, so I can make weight to fight. Can't get too big ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• reading about iced coffee makes me want a good blender that can handle ice...not like my pathetic, not so magic bullet!

========================

Nutri-Bullet is made by he same company, it is on par in my opinion with blentech and vitamix in regards to consistency (not capacity). It is also very small and easy to cleam, pretty much just like the magic bullet. You can get it at bed bath and beyond for $99 with a life time warranty (BB&B's policy). It is plastic, but is BPA free.

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

• just to be 100% You definitely have to freeze it correct?because I refrigerated it and everything became completely separated,even after blending it all stayed separate....i will give Your method a go..Thanks

• I think letting it cool at room temperature would help keep the fats from separating so much but would take longer.  I'm using a 3hp vitamix so its not much of an issue as long as its cooled down to room temp.  It just forms a nice creamy head of foam.

• I have the Vitamix as well but it still completely separated after I cooled it in the 'fridge....I will try Your Method and add the BPC Ice Cubes after.....

• Ok, just tried it. Tasted great! Here's what I did...

Made a normally BPC (for me) and let it cool. Once around room temperature I place it in the fridge over night. It separated a little with a bit of a crust on top, so as I'd left it in the blender mug, I quickly spun it to mix it back up. I then cracked an egg and added some whey protein (chocolate & coconut flavour), creatine and L-glutamine and a little coconut milk to top up. Back on the blender for a few seconds. As it was cold from the fridge I didn't add any ice cubes.

Finished it in a few seconds, as it wasn't hot like BPC and tasted great. Gonna have one a couple of mornings a week when I'm lifting weights, so I can get some protein in early. Might be a great edition to my nutrition.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• For reference here everyone...

Making Cold Bulletproof Coffee with Upgraded Whey Protein
    • Blend your coffee, grass fed butter, and Upgraded MCT oil until a layer of froth forms at the top.
    • Add ice to the mixture and blend until smooth
    • Lastly, Add 10 – 40 grams of Upgradedâ„¢ Whey Protein AFTER completely blended, then LIGHTLY blend the whey in just until it’s mixed in.

(For an ultimate Bulletproof ice cream like consistency, blend in one or two raw egg yolks BEFORE the whey)

• edited August 2013

It will take only 5 minutes for you to prepare an iced coffee.

•  Dissolve 2 teaspoons of coffee powder (I prefer Nescafe Coffee powder because that is my favorite  :cool: ) and sugar in hot water.
    • Combine in blender with  chilled milk, vanilla ice cream and crushed ice, blend until combined.
    •  Pour into serving glass to serve.
    •  Sprinkle with grated chocolate and garnish.

​You will get a number of iced coffee recipes if you search in Google. Try varieties and post it here. So that I could utilize those :cool: 

• It will take only 5 minutes for you to prepare an iced coffee.

•  Dissolve 2 teaspoons of coffee powder (I prefer Nescafe Coffee powder because that is my favorite  :cool: ) and sugar in hot water.
    • Combine in blender with  chilled milk, vanilla ice cream and crushed ice, blend until combined.
    •  Pour into serving glass to serve.
    •  Sprinkle with grated chocolate and garnish.

​You will get a number of iced coffee recipes if you search in Google. Try varieties and post it here. So that I could utilize those :cool:

Hrmmm.. Nestle Cafe, Vanilla Ice Cream and Milk... 

Did we just get trolled or spammed...

And you want me to Google shit for you??

BUTTER TEA

• Hrmmm.. Nestle Cafe, Vanilla Ice Cream and Milk... 

Did we just get trolled or spammed...

And you want me to Google shit for you??

I just mentioned the iced coffee recipe that I used to make. Every one can try their choice right? 

• Should be bulletproof ingredients, or not much point!

although straying a little is probably exceptable. Your straying looks like spam ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• So what measurements are we talking here? I haven't gotten a good one down yet.

I make my BPC with 2tbsp grounded BP beans. 16oz of water. Blended with 2tbsp of grass-fed butter and 2tbsp of MCT oil and 2grams of stevia. Let this sit to room temp then put it in fridge overnight. Next day I added 2 egg yolks and half a tray of ice cubes, blended. I got a frothy foam but it wasn't very drinkable. There was clearly liquid coffee on the outside of the blender but an icy/frothy/foamy consistency of stuff in the middle. Too many ice cubes maybe??

Anyone experiment with this and have #'s that worked for you??

• i did this before, and i drank it right away and it was awesome. yesterday i tried putting it in my hydroflask and taking it on the road. by the time i got to drinking it, it was more like cold oily coffee with chunks of coffee-flavored butter. not the worst thing in the world, but i was hopin i'd have some super badass cold creamy bpc on the road.