Spinach And Leek Sauce

I just stumbled upon this forum and thought

I would share this sauce/curry with everyone. I come from an Indian background so I grew up with lots of flavours including some great herbs and some not so great herbs. I have now been following the BP lifestyle for 4 months and I feel incredible. This recipe here is tweaked to be more bulletproof.

Ingredients:

1 leek

500 g spinach

100 g grassfed organic butter (I use organic times)

1 tsp pink salt

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp turmeric

2 tsp Organic apple cider vinegar

1 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (can be omitted)

Steps:

1. Place a stainless steel pan on low heat and add butter to melt. Once the butter melts add chopped leek and chopped spinach until soft.

2. Place the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth.

3. Transfer the mixture back into the pan and add the ingredients. Blend them together on low heat.

4. Add semi-raw mince or steak strips or diced lamb (all grassfed ofcourse) and there it is.

I some time use green onions for some crunchiness but my husband eats this almost every other day. I usually enjoy this twice a week once only with mince and the other time with rice on my carb refeed day.

Any suggestions or improvements would be highly recommended!!

Comments

• edited July 2013

Sounds yummy. If you have more BP curry ideas, bring 'em on. I miss eating Indian food.

Would it be more BP if you melted the butter and then dry sautéed (mirepoix) or even steamed the greens and then blended them together? Do they fry when you add them to the melted butter?

• Hey mikeymileos,

I miss eating indian food too hence I started tweaking some recipes to be more bulletproof!

They surprisingly don't get fried because I use very low heat! I was worried but the butter being denatured but it's literally on the lowest setting of heat so I am not sure but when I make it, the leek doesn't even brown :)
  • Oh cool. Maybe I can chuck all those ingredients in a sous vide bag, and try that instead, save having to clean a pot. I'm on the rapid fat loss protocol, so it will be a while before I'm eating food again, but when I come off it, I'll try make this and let you know how it goes :)

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

I'd be surprised if Indian food was a no-no. Meat, rice, butter, spices - I'm sure there are plenty of BP curries!

• I'd be surprised if Indian food was a no-no. Meat, rice, butter, spices - I'm sure there are plenty of BP curries!

Hello,

Yes that's pretty much right except most of them need yogurt or tamarind sauce or tomatoes haha so that kinda ruins it :( but this one here is mostly BP :D

• Oh cool. Maybe I can chuck all those ingredients in a sous vide bag, and try that instead, save having to clean a pot. I'm on the rapid fat loss protocol, so it will be a while before I'm eating food again, but when I come off it, I'll try make this and let you know how it goes :)

Hey mikeymileos,

Haha yea that's awesome! Why bother washing a pan when you don't have to? Wow so how's rapid fat loss protocol going? My husband went BP and he lost 6 inches around his waist! Never happened before! Whenever you do make it , I am sure you will enjoy it - ooh don't forget to add chopped coriander haha just realized :D
  • RFLP is going ok, before starting RFLP I had gone from a XXXL tshirt size to medium, and from size 42 pants to size 32-34. Now I want a flat belly and abs, so I'm pushing harder and trying the RFLP for 3 or 4 weeks. I'm 3 days away from my 2nd week being over. I have lost about 3kg, mind you, I'm already pretty thin. My body fat has dropped from 16% to 13% but it fluctuates. I also fit into a small tshirt. We'll see how it goes for the next couple of weeks. I might leave the corriander out, not a fan. My gf likes it though!

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

Good work on your gains (losses!) Mikey! 

No sorcery, just science. 

• Thanks, man! Today I'm at 12%! :D Stoked.

• RFLP is going ok, before starting RFLP I had gone from a XXXL tshirt size to medium, and from size 42 pants to size 32-34. Now I want a flat belly and abs, so I'm pushing harder and trying the RFLP for 3 or 4 weeks. I'm 3 days away from my 2nd week being over. I have lost about 3kg, mind you, I'm already pretty thin. My body fat has dropped from 16% to 13% but it fluctuates. I also fit into a small tshirt. We'll see how it goes for the next couple of weeks. I might leave the corriander out, not a fan. My gf likes it though!

OMG!! That's awesome! Great going! That's literally a massive achievement - congratulations!! Haha hubby hates coriander too but I can chew it on its own so I cannot add it to curries or guacamole :D
  • This recipe just needs to be DUMPED into my mouth, it sounds that good!