Please Fix The Quotes Display In Forums

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever a quoted response is made in a thread, the quote is not highlighted like it should be. There's no way to let the reader know where the quote ends and where the response begins. It all just runs together, unless it's differentiated manually with a different color font or other formatting, but most of the time it's just all mashed together as one.

I've been reading through these forums voraciously for the past week now, and I'm completely blown away by how much great info there is, but it can get a bit burdensome and time-wasting to constantly have to go back and forth to decipher who is saying what.

Is this just a problem with the way the ip board is set up? Can an administrator take a look at this?

Comments

• Bulletproof ModeratorBulletproof Moderator Upgraded Mod Admin

Sorry for the inconvenience.  It is ip board software and we are developing a workaround.

• Great, thanks!

• Oh shit son, now that your the first one to ask about this your gonna have the wrath of Kato on your ass now.

Holy shit I'm awesome.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

What is it with people!!!!!

Moderator, please either delete or merge this thread with the other 100 threads asking the same question.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Bulletproof ModeratorBulletproof Moderator Upgraded Mod Admin

Alright, this will be the official "broken quotes" thread.  Please direct other inquiries to this thread until we get it sorted.

• haha sorry guys....I didn't even know what I would have searched for to start with. 

in any case, if anybody wants a workaround to use with a chrome addon and knows how to use css stylings, get stylebot over here - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha

and you can customize it to highlight quotes however you like.

• When ever You quote a person there isnt a box sectioning off the quote like other forums. 

You cant distinguish between actual posts and quotes and its annoying and frustrating.

I have to colour in the quotes in Green so that its easier on the eye.

• Anytime someone uses the quote function in the forum, it doesn't appear correctly. It has the quote bar, but then the text is not encapsulated by the quote box... which makes it rather difficult to discern what is a quote and what isn't.

I assume this is the case for everyone, but just in case it's just me, here is what it looks like: http://gyazo.com/b8b7840dee7d38db7ce440406d4e6f48

If there is any way to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

• GabrielGabriel
    edited September 2013

Make your own CSS

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever a quoted response is made in a thread, the quote is not highlighted like it should be. There's no way to let the reader know where the quote ends and where the response begins. It all just runs together, unless it's differentiated manually with a different color font or other formatting, but most of the time it's just all mashed together as one.

I've been reading through these forums voraciously for the past week now, and I'm completely blown away by how much great info there is, but it can get a bit burdensome and time-wasting to constantly have to go back and forth to decipher who is saying what.

Is this just a problem with the way the ip board is set up? Can an administrator take a look at this?

Make your own CSS

For Firefox (most browsers allow custom CSS)

The easy way:

Install

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Create new CSS: Click Manage styles. Give it any name. Paste:

@-moz-document url-prefix(http://forum.bulletproofexec.com) {

Blockquote {background-color: #ccc; !important;}

}

Save.

More info and how to do it manually without extensions

http://coreygilmore.com/blog/2008/10/23/per-site-custom-css-in-firefox/

p.s. In Linux the path is ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/chrome/userContent.css

* is a series of letters/numbers that names your profile

userContent.css is the style file you created

• Looks like this:

capture9619.png

• Yes, I am already using my own css, I posted a link to a chrome extension above.

• very confusing. cant easily separate whats been quoted and the reply.

whats the deal with this? can we help to fix it?

• I take is nothing's come of this yet mods?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• We are waiting for an update from IP Board.

• We are waiting for an update from IP Board.

TITS OR GTFO!

No sorcery, just science.