Android Vs. Iphone (Katolotus Requested)

think we need a gangster banter thread for iphone v android.

Meanwhile can we please remove all android users from stinking up this thread :wink:

I'd ask all of you iPhone elitists to go start your own damn thread-app, but you'd have to apply for permission from Apple's development team, submit a full layout for your program, have it reviewed and approved by Apple's teams, submit a final working model, have it re-approved and finalized, have it integrated into the app store under Apple's guidelines and rules, and then leave it close-sourced on the user-end  :P 

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Yeah, then it works properly ;-)

iPhone's rule :-P

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Briefly,

I used to use a iphone then got very annoyed with itunes so went to android.  Then work gave me an iphone despite my begging to get any android (Galaxy tab2 was the ideal).  This happened over the course of 4 years or so.  The screen is a very big issue for me.  I am not a big guy but man typing on an iphone is really annoying compared to my 5' android device.  The screen is just ridiculously small.  The other big issue I have is itunes, I am now using mediamonkey and it's ok but man it's such a hassle getting music onto a iphone.  Speaking of music when I left iphone for android it was just godawful extracting the music from the bloody thing.  It gave my songs names like juuk, 4 letter designators.  It's like Apple knows you will want to leave so they make it as painful as possible.

• InfinusssInfinusss Relax

Yeah, then it works properly :wink:

iPhone's rule :-P

original2_thumb1.png

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

I've had no issue with itunes in general and use itunes match is has been pretty handy.

Had iphone, iphone 3g, iphone 4 and iphone 5.

No trouble, no hassle, works perfectly.

Now waiting for issues! ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

Bulletproofed my iPhone ;-)

iPhone-LockScreen_Jul13.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• My experience with apple and android. 

-Getting content from my pc to my galaxy tab -> step 1 "copy", step 2 "paste"

-Getting content from pc to my iphone -> step 1 "fark not this itunes shite again", step 2 "open itunes" step 3 "no I don't want to download a new version yet again this week" step 4 "search for my device that is hidden on this page somewhere" step 5 "google how the fark do I really do this shite again" step 6 "blindly mess around in library, syncing, and all that other shite", step 6 "close eyes hold tongue, hope it all works ok" step 8 "repeat steps 5-7...

Reigning Former Inner Balance "Mad Monk" Champion... :-P 

edited July 2013

Well moving stuff to a device by doing stuff sounds hard.

I plug my iphone in to charges and it updates all my playlist on my iphone that I'd set up without me doing anything.

Better still, when I update my itunes now I have iTunes match, I have all my music available on my iPhone without even plugging in my iphone to my mac. That's all my music!

Round 2?

iPhone-or-Android.jpg

how-smartphone-users-see-each-other-andr

Hunch-Droid-vs-iOS.png-642x363.jpg

iphone-vs-android-vs-wireless-server.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• edited July 2013

If you have content, from an independent source, then cut and paste is surely the simplest method? Enlighten me, simpleton that I am (serious comment), how getting an mp3 from a usb stick (as an example) is easier with itunes (rather than cut and paste). 

edit: currently it takes me 5 clicks to get an mp3 from a usb to my galaxy tab, without using any software other than preinstalled operating systems. If someone can lay out the steps to do this with less clicks with apple, including any additional necessary software installs/registrations, then I will readily admit defeat. If not, I will stick to the simpleton view that android is better.

Reigning Former Inner Balance "Mad Monk" Champion... :-P 

Drag mp3 file straight into a itunes playlist that's sync to your iPhone. Plug in iPhone!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

edited August 2013

HeartMath are currently working on an Inner Balance Trainer sensor for Android, according to HeartMath.org it's release is planned for late 2013, although today I've been told that it will more likely be early next year.

The main reason for lack of Android support is because there is so much variety in device platforms that use Android, whereas there is only iPhone variants and iPad variants for iOS.

from another thread ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• <rant>

I am ready to kill Siri.  It's buggy as hell.  I got all excited about iPhone when I read that I could tell it to play a song and I could.  Super useful when lifting weights, I just change song between sets handsfree right?  Wrong, it screws up at least half the time, people in the gym think I am insane as I tell seemingly thin air to play this song or that one getting angrier and angrier.  I hear Android voice commands are better, who knows but how can it be worse?

</rant>

edited August 2013

I've never really used Siri. How do you get it to activate without touching the phone? Didn't think you could.

Remember the adverts for it and some guy running and doing stuff via siri. But how to your activate it while running?

Think I'll google it and make that the thing I learn today :wink:

How do I ask Siri something?

To talk to Siri, hold down the Home button and you’ll hear two quick beeps and see “What can I help you with?” on the screen. Just begin speaking. The microphone icon lights up to let you know that Siri hears you talking. Once you’ve started a dialogue with Siri, tap the microphone icon to talk to it again.

There’s more than one way to talk to Siri. Siri works with headphones and Bluetooth headsets. When you’re using headphones with a remote and microphone, you can press and hold the centre button to talk to Siri. With a Bluetooth headset, press and hold the call button to bring up Siri.

On iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, simply bring iPhone up to your ear when the screen is on. You’ll hear two quick beeps to indicate that Siri is listening to you.

In a car that supports Eyes Free, you can also start a conversation with Siri just by pressing a button on your steering wheel.

Siri waits for you to stop talking, but you can also tap the microphone icon to tell Siri you’ve finished talking. This is useful when there’s a lot of background noise.

In true 'Matrix' style. "I know Siri" 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Well moving stuff to a device by doing stuff sounds hard.

I plug my iphone in to charges and it updates all my playlist on my iphone that I'd set up without me doing anything.

Better still, when I update my itunes now I have iTunes match, I have all my music available on my iPhone without even plugging in my iphone to my mac. That's all my music!

Round 2?

iPhone-or-Android.jpg

how-smartphone-users-see-each-other-andr

Hunch-Droid-vs-iOS.png-642x363.jpg

iphone-vs-android-vs-wireless-server.jpg

I have 2, soon to be 3 Mac computers. I love them, so, I'm not anti-Mac. I just don't like the iPhone. Yes, iTunes is easier to use if you have an iPhone. Other than that, Android phones are blowing iPhones out of the water. They're faster, have better cameras, bigger screens, bigger cocks, etc.

Faster at what, tapping out a txt message while walking into a post!

Better cameras for all those great pictures people take on there camera phones. Just more pixels of shit ;-)

Bigger screens for breaking and looking like you can't afford an ipad

People who promote that their cock is bigger, mostly have smaller cocks and feel the need to have an android phone :-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Faster at what, tapping out a txt message while walking into a post!

Better cameras for all those great pictures people take on there camera phones. Just more pixels of shit :wink:

Bigger screens for breaking and looking like you can't afford an ipad

People who promote that their cock is bigger, mostly have smaller cocks and feel the need to have an android phone :smile:

You need to read up on how awesome the new Android phones are. It sounds like you are speaking from a point of 1.5+ years ago, before Android phones really started to jump in stats. My new HTC phone has the ability to send voice texts and emails, as well as translate incoming texts and emails to audio, and it does it pretty damn well. As far as the camera goes, again, go check out how good the cameras are getting. I've taken some really good quality pics with my HTC, and it's over a year old. The brand new phones are even better. As far as breaking the screens goes, the guerrilla glass on my HTC is unbelievable. I don't even rock a case or screen-guard anymore. I've dropped my phone on the pavement about a dozen times, not one crack, and barely any scratches (just a few light ones that you can't even see when the phone is illuminated).

And as for the cock comment, ok, ok ... I'll be honest. My HTC doesn't really have one :oops: