Android Vs. Iphone (Katolotus Requested)

2»

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

Its sounds like you saying your american muscle car has 20 more break horse power than my Ferrari. Good like noticing that, especailly going around a corner :wink:

ferrari-vs-challenger-920-19.jpg

lamborghini_murcielago_sv_vs_shelby_must

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• iPhone5slaunch-640x477.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• iPhone5slaunch-640x477.jpg

===========================

Sales #'s have zero indication of the quality of a product. We know this from the number of people that were suckered into buying The Secret.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• Totally not an apple hater, but the ability to tint your screen red at night seals the deal for Android for me
  • Android-as-iOS-7-300x154.jpg

Android Users Must Really Be Jealous With All These Imitation iOS 7 Apps
    Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/#SCIdvKVPEeqDEfl7.99

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Android-as-iOS-7-300x154.jpg

==============

I just Googled "Android themes for iPhone" and I got just a many search results with tips on how to make your boring iPhone interface look more like an Android or Windows interface.

Android Users Must Really Be Jealous With All These Imitation iOS 7 Apps

Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/#SCIdvKVPEeqDEfl7.99

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• wow there's 3 pages of fanboi talk and precious-little in the way of true discussion of relative merits.  

/apple can go DIAF w/ their proprietary BS!!  ANDROID!!!1 (amidoinitrite?)

• wow there's 3 pages of fanboi talk and precious-little in the way of true discussion of relative merits.

/apple can go DIAF w/ their proprietary BS!! ANDROID!!!1 (amidoinitrite?)

================

Yeah, mang. we're just in here fuckin' around. #gangsterbanter #notscience

• my tone was wrong, was my way of tossing my hat into the android ring ;D

• I didn't understand any of that stuff! But then you need a degree in computer science to use android as well as iOS ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

Nexus 5 Outperforms Galaxy S4, Matches iPhone 5s In Leaked Graphics Benchmarks

http://www.cultofandroid.com/42284/nexus-5-outperforms-galaxy-s4-matches-iphone-5s-in-leaked-graphics-benchmarks/

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• joeld123joeld123
    edited October 2013

Nevermind all this android vs iphone stuff, it's all about the moto??

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2013/10/09/is-the-moto-x-more-innovative-than-the-new-iphone-researchers-think-so/

Actually, I have heard from developers, for what it's worth the best portable OS is Microsoft's, at least in terms of not hogging the processor.

• iPhone Tops J.D. Power’s Smartphone Satisfaction Rankings For Fifth Year Straight

Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/250078/iphone-tops-j-d-powers-smartphone-satisfaction-rankings-for-fifth-straight-year/#U8uDRUr5fTg8sRdI.99

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• J.D. Power Names The iPhone The Best Smartphone For The Second Time This Year
    Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/page/2/#ZjJywoLD7CJDoWgf.99

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I just updated my work iPhone to IOS 7 as I got tired of being hassled about updates and for my troubles got an error message and factory defaults, lost everything.  Thanks Apple, fuck you very much.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    edited October 2013
  • katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013

Does owning an Apple handset make you SMARTER?
    iPhone users are more intelligent than Samsung, BlackBerry and HTC owners, finds survey

• • Ladbrokes created an online test designed to test people’s wits
    • • It challenged a thousand smartphone users to complete seven brainteasers
    • • iPhone users were fastest, completing the test in 94 seconds on average
    • • While BlackBerry users had the slowest wits with a time of 118 seconds
    •  

By VICTORIA WOOLLASTON

PUBLISHED: 12:22 GMT, 31 December 2013 | UPDATED: 14:03 GMT, 31 December 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2531640/Does-owning-Apple-handset-make-SMARTER-iPhone-users-quicker-witted-Samsung-BlackBerry-HTC-owners.html#ixzz2p6kwFbyZ 

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

Intelligence Test Shows The iPhone Is The Smart Phone For Smart People [Report]

Which phone users are the smartest?

According to a peer-reviewed scientific study online intelligence test by renowned university British betting company Ladbrokes, the answer is iPhone owners.

Read more at http://www.cultofmac.com/260408/intelligence-test-shows-iphone-smart-phone-smart-people-report/#xhAV2EqGpw1DZFEm.99

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

Did I win this with an iPhone 5, not even the latest 5s?

Think I'll being getting an iPhone 6 when my contract runs out in the summer ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

No Android losers wanted to mention 'Bendgate'!

My contract is up, so I'm just waiting for the iPhone to be in stock and I'll most likely get a 4.7 iPhone 6!

Had a play with the iPhone 6 at the apple store in Regent Street, London and found both versions very useable, which was surprising, as I'd heard the plus was very large. Don't fancy a phone that big, plus it's more expensive for not too much extra if you don't really want to carry an iPad around everywhere! Don't particularly like the look of them, the rear is pretty crappy, but I'll need a case on mine, as I drop it way too much, so it's not really an issue, but it's not as pretty as the 4 and 5.

iPhone-6-Plus-O2-Refresh.jpg

A few idiots might have bent theirs, but it still kicking Andriod's arse :wink:

http://www.cultofandroid.com/69538/iphone-6-multitasking-speed-test-destroys-concerns-1gb-ram/

As for the watch, I've got a people, which isn't that great to be honest, cool and useful occasionally, but not what you'd want from a smart watch. Not sure I'll be getting an iwatch, but if the reviews are good and it's been out a while I might fork out. More likely to revolve around whether the fitness apps work with it well enough. HRM on your wrist and other stuck you need a chest strap for would be worth it for my training. If it works....

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• The iphone 4s is the only smart phone I've ever owned, it's been great..

I've been watching the new features that they've been rolling out on these things, and I'm not impressed. I see a lot of crap that is good for big business for us to have, but nothing really that enhances the user experience very much. Fingerprint home button is kinda cool for the user, but everything else seems like it just benefits giant corps. What's the big one now? Turning the phone into a credit card payment device? Who the hell is that good for?

Them, not us.

Big screen? More room for ads.

Faster 4g connection? Great for whoever is selling that data plan.

I'm dropping the actual phone service for a https://yourkarma.com/ mifi router and VOIP when they start shipping karmas this December. can not beat $14 a gb.

There is one line of droid phones that I'm crossing my fingers for. They use an e-ink display - perfect for avoiding the blue light that keeps us all up at night, and the idea of having to charge the phone up less than three times a month is a deal-maker for me.

So far http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/04/yotaphone-e-ink-smartphone-hands-on/ is the only one on the market, and it ain't getting the best reviews.

These e-ink smartphones seem like the first step in the right direction since, I don't know, when they started putting GPS on these things? These really look like they will enhance the experience of the consumer in a lot of ways, and I'm holding onto this iphone from 2011 until there's a real game changer out there. 

• I get a cellphone as a part of my compensation package at work... I was sad last year when they replaced my android phone with an iPhone.  iPhone is fine, and it has some aesthetic advantages, but... I really dislike the typing experience!!! My old android phone was much easier to type with. 

Also, the concept of open source is great, too. I'm not going to tinker with the technology myself, but I like a platform that allows people to do that. 

• Not sure about that! I do loads on my phone expect for actual phone calls! Mine does the following each day for me

1. monitors my sleep

2. wakes me in my light sleep mode

3. Takes my HRV

4. Does my Inner balance training

5. plays podcasts while I make coffee

6. surf web while drinking my coffee

7. continues to play podcast while I shower

8. Reminds me of anything pre-gym (reminders)

9. Times the rounds of workouts/circuits/bagwork

10. while playing my workout playlist over the gyms stereo system

11. Reminds me of anything I need to do as I start work

12. Reminds me to use everyday app

13. takes daily pic

14. plays podcast while I lunch

15. Send messages to my workout group via whatsapp

16. Use twitter to post (work stuff)

17. surf web & message while on the toliet

18. Track my cycle ride (if I choose do, not daily)

19. runs iflux before I sleep to stop blue light (jailbroken iPhone)

20. Play podcasts while I get ready for bed

21. More inner balance training

22. On to Airplane mode for sleep

23. runs phillips wake-up light (old iPhone as it can't do both light, pzizz and sleep cycle at the same time)

24. Sleep cycle monitors my sleep.

25. while playing Pzizz to help me get to sleep.

REPEAT

So only used it 25 times each day minimum for something other than phone calls and txt messages. That's once an hour, every hour! Obviously use it for a camera, emails, conversions, calculator, calendar, torch, movies, clock, timer, contacts info, Facebook messages, maps, kindle books (when I get time to read), egg timer, steak timer, tube maps, withings scale info, pebble connections, banking and a few other bit I don't use too often.

Pretty useful for a phone! no wonder my battery takes a battering.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• A three year old phone can do all that, though.

• I actually love Android but iPhones are just snappier. My brother bought the OnePlus 6 which is one of the fastest Android devices, and I have my iPhone 8. His Android device sometimes gets hiccups and random crashes.

iPhones are reliable but I just love the features Android provide, especially the Android Pie which packs some serious AI features.