Bulletproof Benefits During Injury Recovery

Well tomorrow I have the 2nd surgery which will remove the screw from my leg keeping the leg from being weight bearing.  I was very concerned about weight gain during the time off from my normal exercise routine(BJJ 3 days a week and lifting 4-5 days)  Every website that I read said that weight gain was to be expected but after 3 months I am 3 lb lighter---unfortunately most of that is probably due to muscle atrophy in the broken leg but at least I didn't get fat.  Planning on staying BP after fully recovered.

Comments

• MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful

No sorcery, just science. 

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

I've got an op coming up. Like to hear how you go.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Had my 2nd surgery yesterday.  Seems to have gone well.  My Dr is awesome and knows my lifestyle fairly well(I am very active and competitive) so when he took out the screw holding the tib/fib together he put in a band to give that tendon extra support.  Pretty sore today but I am able to put some weight on it.  Hope to be ack at the gym on Monday and hopefully training BJJ in a week.  

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

lucky, i've been told 4-6 week recovery. Gonna be tough resting ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• Well 2 days after surgery and I am putting about 70% weight on my repaired leg.  I even ditched the crutch all together for a while last night. Getting off the hydrocodone as that stuff sucks...I've got a follow up appointment on Monday just to look at the incision and clear me to work out.  I hope to be training BJJ in a week. 

• excellent,speedy recovery!On the subject of Injury recovery I fractured both elbows beginning of summer which stopped almost all exercise for Me for a while...any ideas on speeding up recovery/flexibilty?been using the upgraded collagen and trying to stretch the elbows out as much as possible

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

Did you list your supplements and amounts you'll use during your recovery, plus you time sleeping?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• I followed a bulletproof diet to help keep me from gaining weight and reduce any inflammation.  I added glutamine(10 grams), a good multi, and a cal/mag/zinc supplement.  I am on TRT and my Dr also prescribed me Anavar for 3 months which I think helped.