Heavy Metal Symptoms?

Hi guys

I have had a strong case of brain fog for as long as i can remember, and have tried everything (including going fully bulletproof, nootropics etc) to no avail. Is it possible that aluminium / mercury toxicity can cause neurological issues (poor short term memory and word recognition, derealisation, confusion, and general poor performance in tasks that should be of no issue) BUT i have no physical issues to speak of (other than slight dark areas under eyes)

Any help or information would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• hzahza ✭✭

I don't know about aluminum, but the only mercury toxicity issues I've heard of have been accompanied at least somewhat by noticeable physical problems, generally lethargy to some extent.  I wouldn't rule lead out if you're just feeling cognitive impairment.  

• Are you experiencing any emotional issues (Depression or anxiety)? How is your sleep ?

• Why don't you just get a blood test?

• Hi guys

I have had a strong case of brain fog for as long as i can remember, and have tried everything (including going fully bulletproof, nootropics etc) to no avail. Is it possible that aluminium / mercury toxicity can cause neurological issues (poor short term memory and word recognition, derealisation, confusion, and general poor performance in tasks that should be of no issue) BUT i have no physical issues to speak of (other than slight dark areas under eyes)

Any help or information would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

You need to try EDTA Ethylene Diamine Tetra-Acetic AcidHeavy Metal DetoxificationOur bodies are continuously assaulted by toxic heavy metals such as lead and mercury found in our air, food, and water supply. Scientific studies show that EDTA, an amino acid-like compound, supports detoxification through exertion of heavy metals from the body. EDTA works by chelating (binding to and capturing) toxic heavy metals and minerals for removal through the lower GI tract or urine. http://www.drvita.com/p-14011-source-naturals-edta-500-mg-240-capsules.aspx?CAWELAID=1940003586&catargetid=1920411240&cadevice=c&gclid=CND2p6PPzbgCFQNyQgodCx4Avw

• Thanks for the replies. I get anxiety sometimes (not badly, i think its more caused by me panicing that people will notice that I am stuck in a brain fog whilst at work!) My sleep is usually alright although i do quite often find myself waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep for an hour or two. Another physical 'symptom' that i get is excessive sweating. Much more than anybody else i know in a standard situation (either exercise or just becuase its warm outside)

I'd like to get blood tests, and will as soon as i can but i work away from home so arranging appointments like that isn't easy for me

EDTA chelation protocol was what i had in mind, but i wanted to see if people thought my symptoms lead people to believe that this would be advisable

Thanks again for the tips guys

• hzahza ✭✭

I'd be careful with EDTA.  There are conflicting claims about the best way to take it.  I hear the worst stories about side effects from the oral stuff, that it can lead to mineral leaching from the bones and teeth.  Anyway, I'm not an expert but if it were me, I'd research EDTA very carefully before proceeding.

Some other, less controversial routes include super greens like chlorella or spirulina coupled with some kind of binding agent like deactivated charcoal or bentonite, and I just read something recently about brown algae (which is the base of vegetarian gelatin).  Also, large doses of vitamin C are known to detox all kinds of stuff, so that may be worth looking into also.