edited March 2014 in Recipes

SesameSnapKS.jpg

BTR-NutButter-SesameSeed.jpg

Sesame Snap Coffee

Ingredients

-   16 oz. hot , freshly brewed coffee

-   1/2 cup of organic goat-milk butter or grass-fed organic butter

-    3 tablespoons  of organic cold-pressed sesame seed oil

-    optional : organic unsweetened sesame seed butter (use sparingly if intermittent fasting)

-    one tablespoon powdered stevia or preferred sweetener (to taste)

104640.jpg

Directions:

- Warm up  up your blender and mug - fill the carafe and mug with hot  tap water and let sit

while your coffee is brewing.  (Cool, thick glass blenders and cool, thick coffee mugs act as a heatsink

[absorb heat] & act to over-cool the coffee.)

- When your coffee is brewed and ready, empty the hot tap water from your blender and mug. 

Your blender and mug will be warm and ready to use without over-cooling your coffee.

(This is important because the stevia, butter, and sesame butter dissolve

more effectively in hot coffee. Coffee is better served hot, not luke-warm, so pre-warming

your blender carafe and mug will help to retain the heat of the coffee.

If you use a drip system, pre-warming the glass coffee pot will also help with this)

I recommend cooking this mixture together in a stove-top pot before blending it.

Especially if the butter and/or sesame butter which you are using are  coming straight

from the fridge. If these are refrigerated, and you desire to have hot Sesame Snap coffee,

use a small stove-top pot to melt the cold  butter and cold  sesame butter into the coffee after it is brewed. 

You may as well, then, throw your other unheated ingredients into the stove-top pot with them

(such as your stevia [powder or liquid] or Xylitol or Splenda etc., whichever you use,

and your MCT oil or coconut oil and sesame oil and whatever else you might think of throwing in,

like a bit of honey or coconut sugar or some sesame seeds. 

Heating it all together in a stove-top pot before blending the mixture  in the blender ensures that

everything dissolves together,  and that it will still be nice and hot on serving.

Even if your butter and sesame butter, sesame oil etc. are not refrigerated, you may

consider using a stove-top pot to heat them together, as even unrefrigerated butter and sesame oil

and sesame butter, etc. tend to cool the coffee more than might be desirable.

016.jpg

Melting the butter on the stove helps create hot sesame coffee. (do not overcook your butter),

IMG_0653.JPG

Melting  sesame butter on the stove

- Add the hot mixture (butter, coffee, stevia , sesame oil, and sesame butter) to the blender

- Blend for one minute on the highest setting.

- Open  Sesame ....you have made Sesame Snap coffee

I cannot decide whether to call this recipe Sesame Snap Coffee or Open Sesame Coffee

Not sure if this is bulletproof but its a recipe I made up and tried this morning.

I got the idea from the memory of those honeyed sesame-seed wafers near

the cash register at every health food store.

I propose that Sesame Snap Coffee be moved to the Bulletproof Recipes section or Bulletproof Coffee section,

The recipe calls for use of unsweetened ground sesame seed butter, which I understand could throw it short of bulletproof, carbohydrate-wise, if used to excess.  In that case, the unsweetened sesame butter could be designated as optional in the ingredient list, with the caveat that it is to be used sparingly by those  wanting to benefit from the intermittent fasting aspect of BP coffee.

Comments

• that is an impressive dose of stevia

• edited August 2013

that is an impressive dose of stevia

probably excessive for most people, actually

I  used less than that , I am going to

edit the original post . I used closer to one tablespoon

• Anyone who tries this recipe please post any feedback you have on it.

• This looks like the type of sesame oil which should be used :

104640.jpg

Sesame Oil - Extra Virgin, Organic

Unrefined, cold pressed, extra virgin sesame oil from the first pressing. Lightly filtered, retaining sesame's aroma, rich flavor, and nutrients. Sesamol and sesamin, antioxidants in sesame, are natural preservatives making it a very shelf-stable unrefined oil. A beneficial cooking oil, excellent for all cuisines and cooking styles. Amber glass protected

pixel_trans.gif
  • edited July 2013

I propose that Sesame Snap Coffee be moved to the Bulletproof Recipes section or Bulletproof Coffee section,

The recipe calls for use of unsweetened ground sesame seed butter, which I understand could throw it short of bulletproof,

carbohydrate-wise, if used to excess.  In that case, the unsweetened sesame butter could be designated as optional in the ingredient list, with the caveat that it is to be used sparingly by those  wanting to benefit from the intermittent fasting aspect of BP coffee.

Sesame Snap Coffee

Ingredients

-   16 oz. hot , freshly brewed coffee

-   1/2 cup of organic goat-milk butter or grass-fed organic butter

-    3 tablespoons  of organic cold-pressed sesame seed oil

-    one tablespoon powdered stevia or preferred sweetener (to taste)

-    optional : organic unsweetened sesame seed butter (use sparingly if intermittent fasting)

Directions:

- Warm up  up your blender and mug - fill the carafe and mug with hot  tap water and let sit

while your coffee is brewing.  (Cool, thick glass blenders and cool, thick coffee mugs act as a heatsink

[absorb heat] & act to over-cool the coffee.)

- When your coffee is brewed and ready, empty the hot tap water from your blender and mug. 

Your blender and mug will be warm and ready to use without over-cooling your coffee.

(This is important because the stevia, butter, and sesame butter dissolve

more effectively in hot coffee. Coffee is better served hot, not luke-warm, so pre-warming

your blender carafe and mug will help to retain the heat of the coffee.

If you use a drip system, pre-warming the glass coffee pot will also help with this)

- Add the butter , hot coffee, stevia , sesame oil, and sesame butter to the blender

- Blend for one minute on the highest setting.

- Open  Sesame ....you have made Sesame Snap coffee

SesameSnapKS.jpg

eden-foods-organic-sesame-oil.jpg

BTR-NutButter-SesameSeed.jpg

• edited July 2013

I would be negligent not to recommend cooking this mixture

together in a stove-top pot before blending it.

Especially if the butter and/or sesame butter which you are using are  coming straight

from the fridge. If these are refrigerated, and you desire to have hot Sesame Snap coffee,

you will have to use a small stove-top pot to melt the cold  butter and cold  sesame butter

into the coffee after it is brewed. 

You may as well, then, throw your other unheated ingredients into the stove-top pot with them

(such as your stevia (powder or liquid) or Xylitol or Splenda etc., whichever you use,

and your MCT oil or coconut oil and sesame oil and whatever else you might think of throwing in,

like a bit of honey or coconut sugar or some sesame seeds. 

Heating it all together in a stove-top pot before blending the mixture  in the blender ensures that

everything dissolves together,  and that it will still be nice and hot on serving.

Even if your butter and sesame butter, sesame oil etc. are not refrigerated, you may

consider using a stove-top pot to heat them together, as even unrefrigerated butter and sesame oil

and sesame butter, etc. tend to cool the coffee more than might be desirable.

016.jpg

Melting the butter on the stove helps create hot sesame coffee. (do not overcook your butter),

IMG_0653.JPG

Melting  sesame butter on the stove

• has anyone tried this recipe yet?

I didn't get a ribbon or prize for this one,

but It would be nice to know if anyone

has actually done it other than myself.

• i didn't think seed oil was Bulletproof

Patrick Graham

You should visit my website here.

• edited August 2013

i didn't think seed oil was Bulletproof

Sesame oil is high in omega-6 so you might want to use it sparingly in this recipe,

its just there for flavor.

You might want to use more sesame butter and less sesame oil.

the following article says omega-6 in sesame seeds/oil get converted to anti-inflammatory GLA anyway, if

you have the right nutrients in your diet:

http://www.foodcoachnyc.com/blog/nutrition/is-your-uber-healthy-diet-making-you-omega-3-dominant/

• edited March 2014

not even one person has tried this yet?

I  have made it and tasted it and it needed A LOT of stevia to taste

anything near as sweet as sesame snaps.  Sesame seeds can

actually be a bit bitter combined with coffee, so.....it needed it quite

a bit of stevia.  I always add some high fat cream to it also.

It is a fairly guilt free indulgence of a sweet tooth, compared

to eating actual sesame snaps.

• My research indicates the GLA is an isomer of linolenic acid:

Vegetable Fats and Oils (volume 123 of American Chemical Society monograph series). Reinhold. p. 542.

In order to methalate alpha-linolenic acid to ganna-linolenic acid, a specific enzyme is required because there is not a positive Gibbs free energy direction:

Holman RT. George 0 Burr The discovery of essential fatty acids. J Nutr 1988:1 18:535-40. 

I have not found a single piece of research that shows that omega-6 will in any way assist in this process.

• I try to get rid of the sweet tooth. Indulging it only leads to more cravings.
  • i have tried adding sesame seed oil to my bullet proof coffee, it is good but gives a different taste. it is popular conception in india that adding butter or ghee to your food makes your skin glow and adding sesame seed oil tighten your muscles. probably due to its inflammatory nature of the oil. Ayurvedic medicine uses a lot of gingelly oil/ sesame seed oil in their medicine concoction. wish some one would test their inflammatory and BP nature compared coconut or butter. Sesame oil is actually good tanning oil.