ZEO Mobile

Zeo just released a new product, the Zeo Mobile. The Zeo Mobile uses bluetooth to transmit data to your Smartphone.

I noticed that you guys are very wary of using WiFi (e.g. laptop in your lap, etc...).

I'm not sure if having a device that constantly transmits stuff via bluetooth strapped to your forehead ia a good idea. On the other hand, the Zeo Mobile is attractive because it's cheaper and easier to travel with.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Hi David,

I'm using the Zeo mobile right now because it IS awesome and very convenient. However because it's a wireless device I use the same precautions while I'm using it as I use for any other wireless device--since I simply don't know what it's doing to me, I stay in contact with an earthing mat while I'm using it to help dispel any EMF that hits my body from it.

Also I use Zeo when I want to do research or figure something out, but I don't use it every single night necessarily.
  • I'm also concerned about the EMF issue with ZEO. Both versions have a wireless headset. The mobile version is Bluetooth and the other version is radio Frequency.
  • There is no significant evidence that wifi/bluetooth cause any medical problems.

It's non-ionizing radiation so shouldn't actually cause problems.

That said... it's not like we've had wifi for 15,000 years like we have with other foods (meat, butter) so the long term effects are unknown.

But to base any firm decision on this would be a logical fallacy so one needs to be careful.
  • I'm also aiming for the mobile version simply because of price and convenience. I would probably consider only using it during nights when I try new methods or have done things out of the ordinary.

Isn't the regular Zeo also wireless? If so it would probably be pretty much the same thing but different frequencies.
  • 'ripa' wrote:

I'm also aiming for the mobile version simply because of price and convenience. I would probably consider only using it during nights when I try new methods or have done things out of the ordinary.

Isn't the regular Zeo also wireless? If so it would probably be pretty much the same thing but different frequencies.

had the same thoughts
  • I just ordered a Zeo mobile. While it's a concern, I'm only going to use it when needed for sleep hacking. I don't think I'll use it a lot once I get my sleep down.

• I'm not sure if having a device that constantly transmits stuff via bluetooth strapped to your forehead ia a good idea.

I don't know the details, but I don't think it transmits constantly. There isn't much documentation, but if you dig deep into the app, there is a "sync" option which the contextual help implies that the headband can actually store a full nights sleep data on the headband and then sync with the phone later. If you're not looking to use the "wake me up at the top of a sleep cycle" feature, this might actually be the desired mode to be in. In fact, I think I'll file a ticket with Zeo....