Thread For Refeed Recipes Only

I decided to make a thread for people to share and review their favorite refeed recipes.

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

Comments

• Here is my first recipe, do you guys think it is enough carbs?

"3 Ingredient Sweet Potato Pie"

Ingrediants:

-2 sweet potatoes (peeled, boiled and mashed)

-4 pastured eggs

-1tsp cinnamon

Instructions:

-Preheat Oven to 350F.

-Peel, boil, and mash sweet potatoes.

-Blend sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and eggs in blender until smooth.

-Grease pie pan with coconut oil, and throw mixture in.

-Bake for 25 minutes, or until top is firm.

I made his before when strictly Paleo, it is delicious. It can be a meal or a dessert, idk. Its awesome. I want to use this as a carb refeed meal, but may need some help to make it perfect. What do you guys think?

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

• 3 oz meat

2 eggs

4 cups mixed veg and acv ( broccoli, celery, cauliflower)

3 1/2 cups sweet potato and butter or rice and coconut oil (MCT mixed in with either choice)

Salt over everything

========================

Thanks for the input, I love sweet potatos, this seems like a normal meal for me except sweet potato in place of the extra meat, so it wont be hard for me to do :). BTW, cool last name... their is also an MMA fighter named Jason Miller, he has the crazier intros than David Rickels.

• You'll need to check if it comes to 3 1/2 to 4 cups for sufficient carb levels. Every potato is a different size.

==================

Thanks man! I just realized your helping me plan my lunches and refeed meals, your the man!

Also, do I dedicate the whole day to carbs, or just dinner?

• NowayoutNowayout
    edited July 2013

You'll need to check if it comes to 3 1/2 to 4 cups for sufficient carb levels. Every potato is a different size.

What is considered to be the minimum carb grams to be considered a refeed?  Myfitnesspal shows 1 cup of sweet potato to be anywhere from 41g to 58g of carbs.  So 4 cups would be anywhere from 164 grams to 236 grams carbs...is that enough alone for a refeed?

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost!

• 4 cups would be anywhere from 164 grams to 236 grams carbs...is that enough alone for a refeed?

yes, 100-150g is recommended.

• M. ThomasM. Thomas A Stick of Butter a Day Keeps the Doctor Away.

When it comes to carbs I just keep it simple stupid.  Steamed white rice, all variety of potatoes, honey, coconut water.  You sweet potato pie recipe sounds quite good.

• It is pretty incredible, sometimes I add a fresh pinch of nutmeg. You could probably add honey for more carbs and a sweeter taste.

I've also made amazing whipcream for it by seperating the coconut fat from the coconut milk and blending it with vanilla and honey to taste.... and its probably the best tasting whipped cream I have ever had. Before going bulltproof I had it on top of chopped bananas and almond butter everynight for dessert.

• Hey guys, just bought these "Ketostix" at walgreens, their like a pregnancy test that tells you the amound of keytones you are producing. I got 100 of them for $22. I plan on using them every day to understand how I react to foods and what puts me in full ketosis mode, as well as what takes me completely out when I need to cycle out.

My only questions are: How often is it reccomended for Men to cycle out of ketosis? What about Women? And how long do you stay out? From Dinner to Breakfast?

• Thanks man... yeah just came across some threads about ketostix, seems like they might just be reading expelled keytones from pee, like how your pee is neon after you take a bunch of b-vitamins... but then, doesnt your body convert the high fat, low carbs into keytones and not just the digestion of fat itself...

Anyway, their just a little fun experiment for 20 bucks.