**top Scores** Inner Balance / Coherence

1234568»

Comments

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

My scores have taken a massive dive lately, for a few weeks I've had sessions I've struggle to get out of the red! Still doing two 10mins sessions a day on average. Rarely miss a session and every now and then I do a few 20mins session. Could be a few things:

• getting really lazy during the session and letting my mind wonder rather that concentrating on the breating,

• had a badly injected tooth, so ended up on anitbiotics, 3 separate course of 5 days each, cleaning out all my good gut bugs.

• been eating too many nuts in the evening, which I've noticed might have increased my HR slightly after eating.

Sooooo! many variables!!!!!

Just started to get a few session that feel almost back to normal, so hopefully going to recover. I rate a good session for me as over 500 pts in just over 10mins. An average should be over 350 pts in 10 mins. I've had some sessions of just over 100 pts in 10mins!

I'd have hoped to have moved to level 4 by now, as I've been on level 3 for probably well over one year. Once I get back to where I was, I need to make some improvements.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Thank you for the news, Katolotus!

Here is my update: I'm also continuing my practice daily, missing a session less often than once a month. I switched from 3 sessions of 10 minutes to 1 session of 20 minutes, each day, since I wanted to do it first thing in the morning, almost at the same point in my routine. Basically I wanted to compare my sessions, and this setup was the one I thought would allow for the most apples-to-apples comparisons.

At the moment I cannot find anything new to add to my Feb 10 post. Today I reached a milestone in their Awards system (see picture), and twice in the last month I got very close to reaching 90% green (I got an 87% and an 88%). I think it's a matter of sustaining the coherence at this point, since I get high in the green zone quite quickly, but after about 15 minutes, even 10 sometimes, the score starts to come down a bit.

I started teaching my kids how to follow the HRV line, and noticed an improvement in their ability to get in the green zone (they are on level 1 and 2 at the moment). And also noticed the same thing as I saw in my training: after a while, the score comes down and it's quite hard to get it back as high as in the first part of the session, as if the body got "tired", or something like that. I think that's one of the aspects that improve over time, with practice.

Many thanks to all who keep encouraging us, and share their findings. I'll continue with this, as I believe consistency is the key here (as in so many other fields).

2015.05.27%20-%20HeartMath%20500,000%20P

• This is a fantastic thread.  I have been following for a while and I've gotten my own scores up quite high recently.  One thing that hasn't been discussed is setting the breath pacer.  I changed it recently and almost immediately increased my average coherence by a point from about 5.5 to about 6.5 or better.  

I'm 6'0 and believe I have larger than average lung capacity, but setting the breath pacer to 15 has been like magic.  I used it on 10 for a long time and enjoyed that but 15 is the best.  Once I realized how useful this was I tried all the other options but over 15s had an immediate and terrible drop off for me.  

I use my Inner Balance sensor at work for about 10 minutes about 5 days a week.  I try to keep a clear mind, not focusing on a positive memory or any of that.  I also count heartbeats and think about my chest expanding with each breath.  

Using the above few techniques I've been able to get my scores pretty much where I want them and I'm super happy about that. 

• If you're average coherence is anywhere above 4.0 I believe you should switch to level 4.  I was stuck at level 3 for a very long time because I wasn't getting anywhere near 80% green but when I switched to level 4 I got better fairly quickly.  I fairly quickly got used to being mostly in the blue and only occasionally bumped into the green by accident.  Remembering that blue on level 4 is the same as green on level 3 was useful to helping my scores increase.  

Good luck!

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭

After a small improvement recently in both score and heart rate, I had to have two teeth removed last week and have seen a drop in my training, hopefully just why I recover. Noticed how my training rises and falls depending on general health and well being.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• MadmacMadmac
    edited June 2016
    Great thread. Just started on coherence training a couple of weeks ago here are my scores.

Level 4, advanced screen on inner balance, 5 or 15min sessions

Peak: 11.1

Top average: 7.3

Best % green: 88%

HR range: 45-55

Avg Hrv on Sweetbeat: 65 (just started)

Notes:

-My score hasn't Really changed much from when I started. I could get in the 70% range on level 4 on day 1.

-Some intermittent meditation experience over the years.

-I find the main thing that stops me getting over 90% is that if I swallow or even need to swallow my heart rate rockets up and drops me into the red for a minute or 2, ruining the chances that session.
  • Anyone using the recently upgraded inner balance software?

My training has been getting rubbish scores recently for no real reason. Had a week or two barely being able to get out of the red on level 4 and averaging 200 points, from the 400 odd previously.

First time on the new upgraded software and I hit 700pts for 12mins.

Also the text is tiny on my iPad. Seems like a strange update to me.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Umm, I used it this morning. I use it on an old I phone so I don't know if that is important but for me it seems fine. I have problems with my dongle which forces me to not even slightly touch the cable during the training...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

I have problems with my dongle

you should get that looked at

fake it till you make it

you should get that looked at

Could you take a look at it for me. I will PM you a photo. :)

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• just rewatched the two youtube video by Dr Alan Watkins linked above after 3.5 years of doing inner balance twice-a-day for a rough total of 24mins almost everyday. Dug the clips out for someone who asked about my meditation, which is watch I call my inner balance training to newbies.

After watching the video, everything point he makes and every benefit he talks about, I recognise in my life since starting the inner balance. From my experience, it truly works and is worth every minute.

Amazing to watch what started this journey 3.5years ago again and see how well it's worked.

Just as ref for inner balance users, I've got 843,266 pts!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

@katolotus

I would agree and like this post both at the same time if I could but it does not work. ;)

How much to eat:

• My top average for a 10 min session is now 7.8. 99% in green

1234568»