Bulletproof Coconut Dessert

I made this very simple Bulletproof snack/dessert/candy.

Ingredients:

1. Coconut shreds (Sprouts version is super cheap).
  2. Grass-fed Butter
  3. Sea Salt
  4. Xyltiol

The most Bulletproof procedure: Melt xylitol of stove until it is completely liquid and caramelizes (slightly brown). Let it cool a little then add the butter and stir until it all melts and mixes. Add a pinch of sea salt. Pour over shredded coconut in a bowl then put in freezer. Let it solidify then it is ready! This is the quickest tastiest Bulletproof dessert I have ever had.

The better, but less Bulletproof procedure: Caramelize the xylitol and butter which is basically the point at which they properly mix and make a fudge substance. Then add it to the coconut shreds.

Comments

• I made this very simple Bulletproof snack/dessert/candy.

Ingredients:

1. Coconut shreds (Sprouts version is super cheap).
    2. Grass-fed Butter
    3. Sea Salt
    4. Xyltiol

The most Bulletproof procedure: Melt xylitol of stove until it is completely liquid and caramelizes (slightly brown). Let it cool a little then add the butter and stir until it all melts and mixes. Add a pinch of sea salt. Pour over shredded coconut in a bowl then put in freezer. Let it solidify then it is ready! This is the quickest tastiest Bulletproof dessert I have ever had.

The better, but less Bulletproof procedure: Caramelize the xylitol and butter which is basically the point at which they properly mix and make a fudge substance. Then add it to the coconut shreds.

i wonder if you could do this with honey too!

Patrick Graham

You should visit my website here.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Have you tried it without any caramelisation? That isn't BP unfortunately, no matter how delicious it is!

• That sounds great.

Wonder how it would taste if I mix in some of Dave's chocolate and vanilla. Might have to do some experimenting.

• Sounds good !! I will try tonight. Wonder how taste if u add chocolate or Bp chocolate powder?
  • I make a variation of this which is like my Achilles heal right now...

2 big handfuls of dried organic shredded coconut chips

2 tbls. unsalted Kerrygold

1 tbls. raw honey

1-2 tsp organic ground cinnamon

pink himalayan salt to taste

Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.  Spread coconut chips out on a cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Melt the butter and honey together.  Pour honey butter over coconut chips, and toss to coat well.  Bake for 5-10 minutes until chips begin to turn lightly browned and crisp.  Remove from oven, salt to taste and toss again.  Let cool to crisp up even more.  Chow down. 

• when you heat honey it's not raw anymore, save your money, use it for unheated consumption and get an organic regular honey for heated items.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I have a honey farm down the road from me where I buy local, raw, unfiltered honey in bulk for a very decent price, so I just use that for everything!

• edited September 2013

Have you tried it without any caramelisation? That isn't BP unfortunately, no matter how delicious it is!

Oops. The first version is bulletproof since you are only really heating the xylitol to high temperatures which is fine. You can also just melt the xylitol and mix in the butter or coconut oil. 

• speaking of coconut desserts, i've been making some dessert shakes with coconut milk and some of that artisana coconut butter, vanilla, stevia, maybe ginger and cinnamon, a couple egg yolks, and protein powders. throw that in a blender with some ice. super awesome when you get it to  almost ice cream consistency. sometimes i'll throw in a couple frozen berries or tiny ice cube from my tiny icecube tray, or some chocolate chunks to give it more texture.