Ghee Q&a Thread! (Pureindianfoods)

I've been drinking BP coffee for about 8 months now, and I make it with grass-fed ghee. I found a company called Pure Indian Foods (pureindianfoods.com), and I love their grass-fed ghee. I also just received a new product that they have, which is a mix of grass-fed ghee and coconut oil, which gives it a great coconut flavor, and raises the smoke-point because of the presense of the ghee. It's damn delicious, too.

Anyway, I contacted the owner (Sandeep) because I was curious about the fatty-acid profile, and I got some really great information. It turns out that every jar of their ghee is produced by the guy's wife, in their small operation in NJ, from local cows. All cows are 100% grass-fed, and they only harvest the milk during the grass-growing season, then stock up on their ghee inventory for the winter. I really like this company. Sandeep talked to me on the phone for a good 20 minutes. It seems as though that they care about their products, and I told him that he should come over to the forum here and see if anyone has any questions for him, regarding ghee. He hasn't been to the forum, but he has heard about BP coffee. He actually brought it up to me and asked if I've heard of it.

I think it would be great for him to come jump in on this topic, just like the Heartmath guy did on the EmWave topic. If you'd like to get this topic going, email Sandeep. His address is [email protected]

P.S. link to this thread in your email so that he knows where to go.

P.S.S. I am in no way connected to this company, other than the fact that I pay for, and I eat about a 28oz jar of this stuff a month!

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

Tagged:

Comments

• I checked out the site and it's very interesting.  I read up on indian spices as it's my personal fave and I found many studies about the presence of mycotoxins in them which has me at this point considering them a vice I try to avoid.  If Sandeep knows anything about if his supplier tests for this or any further information regarding this issue I think the community would be interested.

• I checked out the site and it's very interesting.  I read up on indian spices as it's my personal fave and I found many studies about the presence of mycotoxins in them which has me at this point considering them a vice I try to avoid.  If Sandeep knows anything about if his supplier tests for this or any further information regarding this issue I think the community would be interested.

Great question. Maybe you could email Sandeep at [email protected] and ask him to come on over to the forum for the Q&A. Just include a direct link to this thread in your email, so that we get him answering the questions all in the same place.

Massachusetts Bulletproof Resources! (Local BP resources for food/vitamins, meditation, bio-hacking/tech-centers, etc.)

If you know of a local resource that I haven't listed, or have a warning for known local health scams or bad "BP" businesses, please PM me.

If it's a good resource, I'll add it to the master-list (I was inspired by suntoucher & Ron Swanson.)

• I've still got a can of ghee in my cupboard. Bought is a couple of months ago, but haven't tried it yet. 

Was gonna put some on my veg and sweet potato. Not sure about BPC as I heard it didn't mix as well as the butter.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• I've still got a can of ghee in my cupboard. Bought is a couple of months ago, but haven't tried it yet. 

Was gonna put some on my veg and sweet potato. Not sure about BPC as I heard it didn't mix as well as the butter.

If you want to benefit from ghee in your BPC. but don't want the oily separation, include 1-2 raw egg yolks (no whites) in the blender, and have at it. The egg yolks act as an emulsifier and hold everything together. I find that 1 egg yolk does the trick for me.