Bulletproof Coffee Makes Me Hungry

Any body else experience this?  If I don't eat breakfast I'm not hungry until noonish.  If I drink bulletproof coffee I'm hungry about an hour later and have a little (kind of uncomfortable) buzz until I eat some meat.  Any theories?  

Comments

• Perhaps you are drinking it too fast?? Your body might be rumbling around trying to process all that butter and oil that you just drank.

I drink my BPC in slow sips every time I feel I need a 'hit' (lol). I usually don't finish it until early afternoon, right before it's time to break my fast. (works out pretty good)

I could be totally wrong, but all I know is that I will feel the way you just described unless I take my time drinking my BPC. Betaine HCl caps might help, too.

• Perhaps you are drinking it too fast?? Your body might be rumbling around trying to process all that butter and oil that you just drank.

I drink my BPC in slow sips every time I feel I need a 'hit' (lol). I usually don't finish it until early afternoon, right before it's time to break my fast. (works out pretty good)

I could be totally wrong, but all I know is that I will feel the way you just described unless I take my time drinking my BPC. Betaine HCl caps might help, too.

• LOL, do pardon my double-post!

• I will try that.  I like the taste so I've been downing it in like 5 minutes lol. 

• You need to put butter and MCT oil in for it to work!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Yeah, I've been using 2-3 Tbs of Kalona unsalted and 1.5 of MCT oil.  Saturday I sipped it like it was coffee instead of downing it like a breakfast replacement drink and that fixed my problems.  Thanks everybody!

• Caffeine sensitivity and dosage of mct could also be culprits.. I've experienced this many times and yes drinking bpc over a longer duration may avoid these unwanted effects, however I found that I can happily drink my bpc in 5-10 minutes so long as the caffeine content isnt too high and neither is the mct content (which is very individual).

So if I'm looking to take my coffee out and sip it all morning I'll happily increase the amount of beans I use by 50%, where-as if I just need to consume it in one sitting then I'll taper the amount of beans accordingly. Being what I think is very sensitive to caffeine, I had to play around with this alot to really understand my limits.

The other culprit for me was unpasturised butter, digestive enzymes (containing ox bile) and approx 1.5g of betaine hcl helped with that.

In my early bpc days I had many uncomfortable experiences while fine tuning what works for me.

Keep it up  :smile:

• Really good insight, Oniiko. Thanks
  • haven´t Dave said in one of the podcasts that in the beginning the body just starts to crave fat, as it hasn´t gotten this in many years perhaps. That´s what I felt in the beginning anyway, a sort of craving for more (It´s still the beginning for me so... :D)

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭

Try the BPC with 100g of butter and see how you go :-D