Intermittent Fasting And Light Headedness?

Ok, so I have been doing the Bulletproof Diet now for about 3 months and can really see and feel the difference it has made in my life. Lately though I have been feeling a little light headed in between meals and even more pronounced after my first meal of the day around 2:00pm while intermittent fasting.

I am trying my best to be as close to the green side of the scale as possible and eat enough healthy fat like avocados and grass fed butter, but still get this feeling on occasion. Also, I have been taking an acceptable dose of Vitamin D and trying to take less of my allergy medicine (being off wheat has really been a big help with those, i think). But could the light headedness be associated with a missing supplement or something?

Thanks in advance. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Comments

• More salt? I'm not doing IF...but increasing salt has helped me feel more stable and I don't get dizzy when standing up. I generally have low blood-pressure...and I'm tall image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • I had the same issue, and having a daily cup or two of salty chicken broth fixed it. This is from the book The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Stephen D. Phinney. As it said in the book, I suspected it was related to lack of potassium in my diet, so I've also tried supplementing directly with potassium citrate, and eating lots of avocados as well. It all seems to work for me.
  • As per dpw dan & Filip, try salt (sodium) and also potassium. I'm doing IF and I too have low blood pressure. I'm just started incorporating more sodium via broths, and things have improved slightly. About to start incorporating more potassium. As per Peter Attia's site 'War on Insulin', now called 'The Eating Academy', he mentions that on low-carb, and especially if you're in ketosis (as I am), sodium & magnesium levels are important to watch (that you're ingesting enought). So start with sodium/salt increase. BTW, I'm assuming you're doing the BP coffee, not just BP diet? If not, fats in BP coffee will help you on IF before first meal and won't throw you out of ketosis. It also helps with exercise while in fasted state. I bonked being in ketosis, but incorporating BFcoffee has fixed that Hope this helps.