Spirulina And Chlorella

how are people using chlorella and spirulina?

also, how do they fit in with Dave's key supplement list? what I mean by that, is if you take either / or both of these, what does that mean for the supplements you no longer need to take?

Comments

• I add them to my protein shake before bed and to any post workout shakes I take, on the recommendation of Jason ;-)

Over to you Jay!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• how are people using chlorella and spirulina?

also, how do they fit in with Dave's key supplement list? what I mean by that, is if you take either / or both of these, what does that mean for the supplements you no longer need to take?

I take a handful (about 25) of Chlorella tablets with one meal per day. Chew em up and swallow. I've noticed dramatic differences since taking them. Highly recommended. They have a very nutty taste to them.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    Clorella can have a stronger effect so you might want to ramp up to avoid the detox feeling. I put 5g chlorella and 10g spirulina in my post workout drink. I use it in addition to not instead of.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • cheers guys. So does that mean you don't adjust your supplementation?

I'm a little confused on the dosage of supplements and how (if at all) I would need to adjust what I'm taking.

Do you also count them in your macronutrient monitoring? counting towards total daily protein and carbs?

• I have Chorella Powder from Nuts.com..... any clever ways to take it without making a smoothie? I have eggs with chicken sausage and a ton of veggies in the morning could I just throw the powder in and scramble with my eggs or would that taste gross?

cheers guys. So does that mean you don't adjust your supplementation?

I'm a little confused on the dosage of supplements and how (if at all) I would need to adjust what I'm taking.

Do you also count them in your macronutrient monitoring? counting towards total daily protein and carbs?

To me it's a food item, not a supplement, consider whether or not you would adjust your supplements by eating powdered spinach for example, I don't count it for the macros, I haven't even seen a nutrition label for them.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,
  • I just ordered some"Thor's Hammer" from amazon. Chlorella and spirulina are combined into small tablets. Seems to be real convenient and the brand seems very solid.

I just ordered some"Thor's Hammer" from amazon. Chlorella and spirulina are combined into small tablets. Seems to be real convenient and the brand seems very solid.

it's unfortunate I haven't been able to locate any label info for this brand.

• I normally take 4g a day and tolerate it fine.  Just swallowed another 10g after eating sushi for lunch - hope I can avoid the disaster pants.

• Been taking 7.5mg a day (split 8 x 500g  tablets and then 7 tablets later in the day).

It`s a great detox as well as a food with plenty of vitamins within.

Love the fact it can bind to heavy metals too. Been using it with an iodine protocol.

• Should Chlorella be taken with charcoal?

• Should Chlorella be taken with charcoal?

Sorry but what would the point of that be?are You thinking of greater detox purposes?

• Ok... So I got the powdered version of both. Added 10g of each to my protein shake 30g mixed with water.

Oh my god this stuff is hard to stomach. It totally overpowers the drink. I couldn't finish it.

I sprinkled a teaspoon of each n some spinach tonight then drizzled mct oil ver it, and had it with lamb.

Again, overpowered.

Am I missing something?
    You're not missing anything, some like the ultra green taste, some don't, try adding lemon flavoured fish oil to the protein drink or learn to appreciate the supple nuances like a fine wine haha.
  • edited November 2013

Hi guys, I've recently (Last week) started adding one t-spoon of each Chlorella and Spirulina to my post workout shake, which consists of raw milk, unflavoured whey, creatine, Lucine and Glutamine.  I find the flavour interesting but not revolting, it has its own character which I'm sure i'll grow to like soon. I'm sure if it wasn't mixed in milk it wouldn't be as tolerable.

Anyway, I think i've been having some detox symtoms:- really spaced-out, not feeling myself with mega brain fog - and I think its from this. should I up my dose or will the symptoms ease off after a period?  If i was to up the dose would it be best to spread it over 2 shakes a day?

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've recently (Last week) started adding one t-spoon of each Chlorella and Spirulina to my post workout shake, which consists of raw milk, unflavoured whey, creatine, Lucine and Glutamine.  I find the flavour interesting but not revolting, it has its own character which I'm sure i'll grow to like soon. I'm sure if it wasn't mixed in milk it wouldn't be as tolerable.

Anyway, I think i've been having some detox symtoms:- really spaced-out, not feeling myself with mega brain fog - and I think its from this. should I up my dose or will the symptoms ease off after a period?  If i was to up the dose would it be best to spread it over 2 shakes a day?

Do you have mercury fillings?

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• I actually received my Sevenhills Spirulina and Chlorrella tablets today, a few hours after taking them I've not felt too great. Pretty dizzy with brain fog too. I've got mercury fillings also. What can i expect with prolonged use of these?

• Do you have mercury fillings?

Yes 1 little one. I'm hoping to have it out next year.
  • I'd HIGHLY recommend getting your mercury fillings removed ASAP. Basically the mercury is leeching to your brain. The chlorella and spirulina are going in to pull the heavy metals out (the detox can cause dizziness & some brain fog).

However, the quicker you get the fillings, and onto a quality detox whilst that is happening, the faster your brain will clear up, and the brain fog will go away.

This is reminding me that I need to get a great source of Chlorella & Spirulina tablets / powder, as soon as possible. That stuff is SO good! :) I love B-G algae!

Yes 1 little one. I'm hoping to have it out next year.

Don't supplement with chlorella, cilantro, or R Lipoic Acid till you get it out.

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

I'd HIGHLY recommend getting your mercury fillings removed ASAP. Basically the mercury is leeching to your brain. The chlorella and spirulina are going in to pull the heavy metals out (the detox can cause dizziness & some brain fog).

However, the quicker you get the fillings, and onto a quality detox whilst that is happening, the faster your brain will clear up, and the brain fog will go away.

This is reminding me that I need to get a great source of Chlorella & Spirulina tablets / powder, as soon as possible. That stuff is SO good! :) I love B-G algae!

Best Sources:

Chlorella: http://store.naturalnews.com/Clean-Chlorella-200mg-Tablets-10oz-283g-1415-tablets_p_262.html

Spirulina: http://healthforce.com/superfoods-rejuvenation/spirulina-manna

• John Brisson: I purchased both S and C from Nuts.com 2 years ago, and it was quite excellent. What's the quality comparison between HF and Nuts? I can get 2 lbs of Organic Spirulina for the price of the Healthforce Spirulina..

• Don't supplement with chlorella, cilantro, or R Lipoic Acid till you get it out.

Even if I feel better with it? After the headaches of the first week of taking it went, i think i feel better with it in the mix.

I know thats hard to quantify, but i feel a bit clearer headed.

What are the reasons for not taking Chlorella with a filling? Surely offloading some of the mercury will help lower the load on my body?
  • edited November 2013
    I'm just posting an update on my chlorella suplimentation, for what its worth, I've stopped taking these alge as my headaches came back after a couple of days of feeling clear headed. After doing a bit of googling It looks like Chlorella mobilizes more mercury that it can "suck up" and is so strong in its action it can leech mercury out of fillings and spread it to more places, causing further issues.

So I'll leave the algaes until i get this poison out of my mouth.
  • For the sake continiuity Im posting here in regards to my experience with supplementing these alge.

I have now had my filling out for a week, and have begun a detox protocal, which Ill detail in the detox section at some point. But it includes 1 heaped t-spoon of these alge once per day in the evening.

Now its out I feel like a new man, i can only imagin what people with multiple fillings must be going through. My anexty, fatige and head aches cleared up straight away, I have a new thirst for life.
  • Welcome to the world of pure awesome!

• http://robbwolf.com/2012/01/19/trojan-horses-of-chlorella-superfood/

Stumbled upon this article against Chlorella supplementation.

What do you guys make of it?
  • its disgusting yet the protein and benefits of chlorella and spirulina are dramatically good for the body

• Not sure how you can post this while ignoring the very post above it that says exactly the opposite.

its disgusting yet the protein and benefits of chlorella and spirulina are dramatically good for the body

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭

Not sure how you can post this while ignoring the very post above it that says exactly the opposite.

----

Sure looks like a link-building effort to improve the SEO of the link's target site.