Food Allergies/asthma Advice

edited June 2012 in General Discussion
I am a newbie here and am really grateful I found you all. I have had excellent results with BP.

I am posting here with the hopes of finding information for my 11 year old son who suffers from severe food allergies and asthma as well.

He is allergic to eggs, nuts, fish, milk, dust to name a few and skin eczema as well . He has had this condition since birth and we have used western medication/advice to deal with his condition. Needless to say it only deals with the symptoms and no cures are in the picture. Inhalers, nebulizers and pills only calm it down. I am hoping there is a better way to deal with this.

I know next to nothing on this subject but I do know that western approaches to dealing with this are in the dark. I am asking you all here to PLEASE help me and my wife with this issue. What do we need to know? Where can we go for help? What caused this in the first place and how can we cure him?

I have heard something about "gut" issues but don't know where to find info on that. Any advice or links to articles would be be greatly appreciated.

Brain

Comments

• I feel for you and your family. I would try Chris Kresser-he has a lot about gut health and has a program for moms and babies-although I know your kid is 11. Also, maybe look for a functional medicine doc from one of the Paleo, Primal physican networks (you can google that). I have teens and started a Paleo for athletes like diet for one of my teens for wrestling. My younger son asked if he could do it too and we noticed significant changes in their body compositions, skin, & moods. Everyone started asking us what the heck we fed them and they both took impressive wrestling titles that season. My husband has similar allergies so I have been modifying our diets for over 23 years. It's easier now than it used to be but it's easier for me to say that since he is an adult.
  • Thank you for your advice. I will look at Chris Kresser. I'm on his email list but I hardly have time to read through them. I also like the idea of a Paleo physician. I will look into that as well.

Really appreciate you taking the time to help. Good to know your sons and husband have had success from Paleo and looking forward to doing the same for our son.