Lose Those 10 Extra Pounds?

Anyone have any tips for losing those few extra pounds? This is for a female, who does not workout but is active around the house. I have BP coffee every morning with 3 tablespoons of butter, 2 MCT and then don't eat till about 1 or 2 pm, but have only lost about 3 pounds the past month and a half of doing this. So any food plans or tips would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Comments

• perfect a sleeping schedule, exercise (TTap maybe?), cold thermogenesis, make sure to refeed carbs evry 4 days incase you aree leptin resistant

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!

• why not workout?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• JustsoJustso
    edited August 2013

Anyone have any tips for losing those few extra pounds? This is for a female, who does not workout but is active around the house. I have BP coffee every morning with 3 tablespoons of butter, 2 MCT and then don't eat till about 1 or 2 pm, but have only lost about 3 pounds the past month and a half of doing this. So any food plans or tips would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Yep, but something tells me you won't like my recommendations.

1. Print out the BP diet chart and stick it on your fridge. Eat within those parameters. Get your diet in order.

Something tells me you're not focusing too much on what exactly you should and shouldn't be eating, because if you're asking for food tips/plans, that means you're probably free-wheeling your eating. That dog don't hunt. Plan and prepare your meals, take the guess work out of it. There's a wealth of info online from both Dave and the paleo community at large in podcast and print form. Absorb every ounce you can. This will lay waste to any confusion you may have about weight loss. And yes, this goes without saying, but remove ALL --read that ALL-- grains, wheat, pasta, bread, rice, sweets, processed food from your diet. Keep a food log. If you really want us to analyze what your weak points are right now, post a transcript of everything that has gone in your mouth over the last 5 days. We'll go to work like surgeons on what your weak points are and how to correct them. Don't be embarrassed, this isn't a game nor does anyone take pleasure in making fun of anyone.

2. Regulate your sleep cycle. Do not compromise.

Yep, this is non-negotiable. You lose 80% of your fat during your sleep (or so I've been told) and the results will speak for themselves. Place your body in an optimum position to lose weight.

3. Intermittent Fasting

This is like fuel on the fire of a well-burning inferno of fat loss if your diet is dialed in where it needs to be.

4. High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

You don't need to go to a gym to do this. Do it at home around your neighborhood. Simple and insanely effective to kick-start or to boost your fat loss. And it can be accomplished in 10 minutes.

5. Change your mindset

Like anything else in life, if you half-ass this, your results will be commensurate with your efforts. The only thing blocking you from losing the pounds you desire is you. Case closed.

Off now grasshopper, start hopping on that journey one deliberate and well-planned hop at a time. We're here to help.

• why not workout?

How much? And more cardio or weight. I do have a heart condition that limits intense cardio but I do love weights

• perfect a sleeping schedule, exercise (TTap maybe?), cold thermogenesis, make sure to refeed carbs evry 4 days incase you aree leptin resistant

So you carb re-feed only you do not have carbs for 3-4 days? Does this include you eating steamed veggies and a little fruit during those 4 "card off" days, or do those carbs count as you eating carbs?

• Yep, but something tells me you won't like my recommendations.

1. Print out the BP diet chart and stick it on your fridge. Eat within those parameters. Get your diet in order.

Something tells me you're not focusing too much on what exactly you should and shouldn't be eating, because if you're asking for food tips/plans, that means you're probably free-wheeling your eating. That dog don't hunt. Plan and prepare your meals, take the guess work out of it. There's a wealth of info online from both Dave and the paleo community at large in podcast and print form. Absorb every ounce you can. This will lay waste to any confusion you may have about weight loss. And yes, this goes without saying, but remove ALL --read that ALL-- grains, wheat, pasta, bread, rice, sweets, processed food from your diet. Keep a food log. If you really want us to analyze what your weak points are right now, post a transcript of everything that has gone in your mouth over the last 5 days. We'll go to work like surgeons on what your weak points are and how to correct them. Don't be embarrassed, this isn't a game nor does anyone take pleasure in making fun of anyone.

2. Regulate your sleep cycle. Do not compromise.

Yep, this is non-negotiable. You lose 80% of your fat during your sleep (or so I've been told) and the results will speak for themselves. Place your body in an optimum position to lose weight.

3. Intermittent Fasting

This is like fuel on the fire of a well-burning inferno of fat loss if your diet is dialed in where it needs to be.

4. High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

You don't need to go to a gym to do this. Do it at home around your neighborhood. Simple and insanely effective to kick-start or to boost your fat loss. And it can be accomplished in 10 minutes.

5. Change your mindset

Like anything else in life, if you half-ass this, your results will be commensurate with your efforts. The only thing blocking you from losing the pounds you desire is you. Case closed.

Off now grasshopper, start hopping on that journey one deliberate and well-planned hop at a time. We're here to help.

Thank you! These are great ideas!

• edited August 2013

Well maybe here's a few better questions. So I have BP coffee, 3-4 table spoons of butter, 2 of MCT and either coffee or black tea in the morning. And then when I start to eat I have either eggs or some type of either organic or grass-fed meat with about 2 cups of steamed veggies and 1 tablespoon of butter. And then I'll have either 2-3 table spoons of cashew butter if I'm hungry and then dinner is similar to lunch, but I eat it around 9 usually because I have class during the day.

Is the cashew butter hindering weight loss?

Is having a few cheat foods during the week enough to hinder weight loss such as a little white carbs on one day and a few pieces of cheese on another?

What are your days looks like, do you have two cups of BP coffee and then eat at 2?

I am not over-weight by any means on a medical view, I believe about 18-21 BMI, 5'7, and 128-130 pounds. I was 125 pounds when I was going a lot of veggie and fruit smoothies but I have cut those out due to the fruit content. Maybe I should put them back in?

Ideally I would like to be 120-123

Thanks guys, your all awesome!

• So you carb re-feed only you do not have carbs for 3-4 days? Does this include you eating steamed veggies and a little fruit during those 4 "card off" days, or do those carbs count as you eating carbs?

===============

Vegetable's dont count, aim diet for 50-60% healthy fats, 20% protien, and the rest vegetables. If you have fruit, have only one serving or less with dinner, its best to limit fruit when trying to lose weight. On your refeed, use starches from the bulletproof diet, aim for 100-200 carbs.

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!