Realistic Plan For Moral Immortality

What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

I didn't watch the video but I was stuck on wanting to live forever. After getting pretty sick, I don't really care anymore, I just want to live a happy and healthy life.

I did enjoy  The Singularity Is Near: Ray Kurzweil and stuff from Aubrey De Gray... 

I'll watch this when I get a chance and report back...

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    What's with the hand?
  • I think the 7 billion of us on this planet right now have more important work than trying to live forever, like just getting along, accepting different belief systems, fair distribution of resources. Society would really need to evolve before I would want to spend an eternity with it.

I think immortality is an extension of health in general. Its the individual's choice whether to be healthy or not, or to be immortal or not.

There's no point in large scale life extension while people still eat at McDonalds. 

• RodRod The Rodfather

Life duration must be inversely proportionate to fertility or the whole thing goes to shit.

Not if we can populate another planet, we would have enough resources to grow and expand. You know, some star trek shit...

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

In Dan Brown's latest novel, Inferno, the villain creates a virus that randomly sterilises 1/3 of the human population. They have zero symptoms other than that. Those affected would never know, other than going to have a kid and not being able to.

It seems like the most humane way to curb the population without some kind of eugenics program.

• I suggest reading 'Straw Dogs' and 'The Silence of Animals' by John Gray

• edited August 2013

Well let me know your questions/concerns. Here is the fundamental ideas...

-Old people get treatment first because they are going to die first. Infinitely more lives will be saved doing it this way.

-Everyone qualifies, so there is no need to fight or live in fear.

We do this by investing our money into a system for this. Obviously you don't want to waste your money and neither do I. So the way our organization works is pretty simple.  Don't invest any money until we have 1 million members. That way you won't be the only guy giving money. Then we can all live in peace. I think the poor are going to just kill the rich if they waste all their money on personal immortality. I don't think people like the idea of only the most selfish, greedy, and worst people living forever while the rest of us who try to help the world die. I also think immortality can be used as a trump card to make world peace. Make a deal with nations, you turn over your government to ours, and we give you life sort of thing.

Is there any changes I could make to make you more willing to join?

I say what the hell have we got to to lose? It takes 11 seconds.. Goto logicalmorality.com and click on the registration and fill that out.  This is probably your best chance of cheating death here.

• edited August 2013

I didn't watch the video but I was stuck on wanting to live forever. After getting pretty sick, I don't really care anymore, I just want to live a happy and healthy life.

I did enjoy  The Singularity Is Near: Ray Kurzweil and stuff from Aubrey De Gray... 

I'll watch this when I get a chance and report back...

Aubrey De Grey sucks. I talked a lot to his foundation, and the last thing they want to do is use a moral system of distribution. Their hipocrisy amazes me. Aubrey claims it's a "humanitarian" cause to save lives, yet when I proposed the idea of giving older people treatment first he wasn't interested, despite the fact that would save 100X more lives.

• This is quoted from our manifesto with regards to solving overpopulation. You can read it at www.logicalmorality.com if you want.

Overpopulation

What I propose to handle the problem of overpopulation is probably the most humane solution. This is what I propose:    

If you take life extension therapies, then you can't have a child.

If you want to have children, don't take life extension therapies.

No oppression is needed with this solution, and it will almost completely solve overpopulation. What about people who want both? You can have both, but have to wait! Both can be had once we settle new planets and acquire more resources to sustain larger populations of life. Why would you want to have a child at a time when we don't have the resources to sustain their life? A caring and responsible person would have a child when they could provide them with a safe, and meaningful life. Doing anything less is selfish. It's like having a kid when you’re nine years old, as opposed to waiting until the point where you’ve matured enough to support a child mentally, physically, and responsibly.     

What about the case of mortal parents that carelessly disregard the future of their children by having multiple kids, and the kids want to be immortal? If mortal people were to have over two kids, and each those children became immortal, population would still increase. If worse comes to worst, then a law would have to be passed limiting families to two children. I really hope it won't come to that, but ultimately there is no way to prevent irresponsible parents from making poor decisions that jeopardize their children's future (with or without immortality). The only other option is to resort to extreme oppression, which would create more suffering than the humanitarian system of control is intended to prevent. Unfortunately many parents have much more power and responsibility than they deserve.

Once the mainstream has access to immortality technology there will be no stopping it. Just like the mainstream has already figured out how to breed.

Wars happen because of resources. This won't cause peace, because immortal humans will require infinite resources. By that logic, immortality would accelerate war. Earth has finite resources that are dwindling fast at our current living standards. Making people immortal according to your plan has the same effect as more people. What I mean is, say you're able to quickly identify people and provide the "cure" so that nobody ever dies again. The birth rate will not change, so its like putting a plug into a nearly full bathtub while you leave the tap running.

Its nice to dream, but you won't be able to control what people do. China's one-child policy was not 100% effective.

Just like this bulletproof lifestyle, people have to want it. That is evolution; those who decide to learn about immortality and choose to follow that path get to survive while those who just watch the Kardashians and Jersey Shore will die off. There's no point trying to save those who did not care about saving themselves.

• edited August 2013

Once the mainstream has access to immortality technology there will be no stopping it. Just like the mainstream has already figured out how to breed.

Wars happen because of resources. This won't cause peace, because immortal humans will require infinite resources. By that logic, immortality would accelerate war. Earth has finite resources that are dwindling fast at our current living standards. Making people immortal according to your plan has the same effect as more people. What I mean is, say you're able to quickly identify people and provide the "cure" so that nobody ever dies again. The birth rate will not change, so its like putting a plug into a nearly full bathtub while you leave the tap running.

Its nice to dream, but you won't be able to control what people do. China's one-child policy was not 100% effective.

Just like this bulletproof lifestyle, people have to want it. That is evolution; those who decide to learn about immortality and choose to follow that path get to survive while those who just watch the Kardashians and Jersey Shore will die off. There's no point trying to save those who did not care about saving themselves.

I hate that psychopath attitude. Yes there is.. their lives do have worth, and all people would care about immortality, most people just don't think they have enough money to get it so they don't try. What about all the good people who instead of spending their time hording money, actually try to help the world by stopping poverty and suffering? Do they all deserve to die, because they weren't a selfish piece of shit who just horded money their whole life? They fucking died so you can live in safety, and your saying fuck them they don't deserve life? It goes down one of 2 ways... Public access or the non-rich 95% of the world will kill everyone who takes life extension. You would be better at being selfish, if you were less selfish.

edited August 2013

Wow, harsh reaction. So I'm a selfish psychopath?

The thing you must understand is the value of a person's life is theirs. Not yours. Its not up to you to decide whether someone else should be immortal. Its a great thing to make it available to someone and inform them of the benefits. But guess what? If they don't want it, then too bad for you! You've obviously never been a salesperson otherwise you'd be able to understand the situation where you think that a product is perfect for someone, and the confusion you experience when they're not interested. Its their decision and not yours. That's how the world works, mate.

If you think that you can push this onto people like some kind of totalitarian dictator; then it is you who is selfish, as you are pushing your opinion and wants about a person's own life above their own opinions and wants; and it is you who is the psychopath who thinks that a person selecting to ignore your information must clearly be wrong and should receive the "cure" anyway.

On another note, if you want your organisation to be successful you'd better figure out a better way to react to criticism.

• edited August 2013

Wow, harsh reaction. So I'm a selfish psychopath?

The thing you must understand is the value of a person's life is theirs. Not yours. Its not up to you to decide whether someone else should be immortal. Its a great thing to make it available to someone and inform them of the benefits. But guess what? If they don't want it, then too bad for you! You've obviously never been a salesperson otherwise you'd be able to understand the situation where you think that a product is perfect for someone, and the confusion you experience when they're not interested. Its their decision and not yours. That's how the world works, mate.

If you think that you can push this onto people like some kind of totalitarian dictator; then it is you who is selfish, as you are pushing your opinion and wants about a person's own life above their own opinions and wants; and it is you who is the psychopath who thinks that a person selecting to ignore your information must clearly be wrong and should receive the "cure" anyway.

On another note, if you want your organisation to be successful you'd better figure out a better way to react to criticism.

Umm, what about the people who would want it, would be willing to work for it, but aren't filthy rich? I am not forcing anyone to take it, I am forcing society to simply give people the CHOICE. Where as what you're saying is first come first serve, richest first, fuck everyone else, let's just fight and compete with each other for it. This will literally result in only the most selfish, rich, and immoral people surviving.. and if you support that idea obviously it's because you think you will win that competition.

I don't know how you can possibly think it's selfish to give people who would desperately want something the option to have that...

• RodRod The Rodfather

Do you really think you can create a solution to immortality and have the people who run the world not be able to stop it or keep it for themselves?