Epstein Barr & Low Dose Naltrexone

I wanted to get a discussion going on sufferers of the Epstein barr virus or people with similar symptoms. I recently solved a 15+ year sickness that made me feel insane, crazy, depressed, an insomniac, extreme fatigue and turn to prescription drug use to get by (opiates).

Now that is all in the past and the decade and half I spent (18-33 years old) and I somehow maintained a career and got a beautiful fiance wasn't in vain and all the things I learned about myself and the sickness could be shared with my fellow human beings. This includes destroying my liver with opiates (oxycodone) and for a 6 year period taking diflucan (flucanzole) because of candidas etc etc. along with spending unknown amounts of money on doctors/chiropractors/masseuses visits and losing a few jobs along the way.

If you have had success kicking the symptoms of EBV or Candidas or are currently suffering please share your story and I would love to share my thoughts and help out in anyway possible.

Sincerely,

Tony Peterson

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Hello, 

I don't know for sure that I have EBV or Lymes but a NP doctor said my Circadian Rhythm Saliva test showed patterns of some type of immune modulation. I'm currently going through what you are just describing and he said the same pattern is seen in people with CFS and Lymes. 

The problem is I have not had a fever for at least 1.5years, I don't have any pain, I have not been sick in over 1.5 years.

So Idk what to make of any of this...What did you do to get better?  

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

• Hi Tony -

I am most interested in learning how you managed to get your immune straightened out. I show I have had past viruses - ebv included and may also have Lyme. Have not felt well for four or more years and am now being diagnosed with Hashimotos/low thyroid. Low blood pressure and on and off low grade fever. What do you suggest?

B

• RodRod The Rodfather

Hi Tony -

I am most interested in learning how you managed to get your immune straightened out. I show I have had past viruses - ebv included and may also have Lyme. Have not felt well for four or more years and am now being diagnosed with Hashimotos/low thyroid. Low blood pressure and on and off low grade fever. What do you suggest?

B

Have you done a Lymes test? I just did one...

I would check the adrenals first, it's the master gland when talking endocrine system. I may have NeuroLymes but I had to beef up my adrenals incase I have go on some crazy antibiotics.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions Consultwithrod@live.com 

• Sorry for the late reply folks. Here's the cure:

Low Dose Naltrexone

It changed everything! My glands aren't swollen, my fatigue is gone, anxiety, depression, lack of rest after a full nights sleep, cold sweats. All gone. Basically the science of it is, it allows your immune system to relax and attack the virus. Something with the ultra-low-dose that fills up your opiate receptors and other things I can't explain because I'm not a doctor. 

The first two weeks are rough and you may need to experiment with the dose, basically start it on a friday or the period when you are not working because the initial kick will cause insomnia and all kinds of things but its your body switching into a mode of killing the virus. Once that period is over you will get deep rest and wake up like a brand new person. 

That said continue to eat healthy and exercise and your on the path to healing, I don't know if its going to be permanent as i've only been on it since August/September.

• If you are in the phoenix area, I have a great naturopath doctor that will get you in for $45 no insurance needed. This is after spending $2000 at another naturopath here that completely ripped me off. It is extremely hit or miss with those types of doctors, they either get it or they don't. The ones that don't see you as $ like a typical doctor.

• Add to the question on the immune system. The reason you feel so bad is because your immune system is always engaged at a low level, and it runs your body down and allows these other diseases to take hold. Food allergies, candidas, chronic fatigue, IBS, lyme its all related to the immune system. Once you give it relief from the other symptoms it goes into full kill EBV mode, its amazing you can feel a physical and mental change in your body.

• I suffered from mono more than 10 years ago, and found that i wasn't well for several years, and then discovered i had chronic ebv and that it was active in my system. the only relief i have found is sleeping a ton, eating well, i eat gluten free and try to avoid caffeine, alcohol, and a lot of sugar, but i still suffer with a diminished immune system and exhaustion.

• I just posted about this as I hadn't found this post - its under Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as that's the handy name we UK guys call EBV. I have tried all kinds of stuff but am keen to know if BP diet needs adjusting to avoid worsening/to improve. Like avoid the caffeine, stop BPIF, eat higher carbs, stand on head more, I don't know, I'll take anything at this point, it's ruining my life frankly. Thanks for any input.

• edited September 2014

I wanted to get a discussion going on sufferers of the Epstein barr virus or people with similar symptoms. I recently solved a 15+ year sickness that made me feel insane, crazy, depressed, an insomniac, extreme fatigue and turn to prescription drug use to get by (opiates).

Now that is all in the past and the decade and half I spent (18-33 years old) and I somehow maintained a career and got a beautiful fiance wasn't in vain and all the things I learned about myself and the sickness could be shared with my fellow human beings. This includes destroying my liver with opiates (oxycodone) and for a 6 year period taking diflucan (flucanzole) because of candidas etc etc. along with spending unknown amounts of money on doctors/chiropractors/masseuses visits and losing a few jobs along the way.

If you have had success kicking the symptoms of EBV or Candidas or are currently suffering please share your story and I would love to share my thoughts and help out in anyway possible.

Sincerely,

Tony Peterson

Hi Tony,

I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome from 1993 to 2014. Its an extremely difficult disease that locks you in a prison of illnesses that refuse to leave your body. Getting rid of it is a long story.

AntiViral Program Succeeded in Eradicating EBV and Hepes Infections for subscriber Search2008 in year 2010:

1- Vitamin D3 at 10,000 iu daily for three months. Note: I recommend 15,000 iu daily and not less but do not exceed 20,000 iu for 6 months...Abdulrahman

2- 1000 mg Lysine tablets first month x 3 times daily before meals by 1 hour. You can take 2 x 1000 mg daily thats enough.

3- 1000 mg Vitamin C, 3 x daily before meals. First month.

4- Sambucol Anti viral, Elderberry Extract double dose taken 4 times daily before meals by 1 hour. 3 months. Take the liquid form not capsules.

5- Milk Thistle Thisylin brand 3 capsules x 3 x daily. 3 months

6- Three caps of Herpe Eze Antiviral product x 3 times daily before meals. 3 months. This one is amazing... Abdulrahman

7- Heathy diet with no junk food, all organic vegetables.

8- Suntan daily 30 minutes. For More Vitamin D3.

I had cured almost everything wrong in my body using a program i explained [ see " How I Cured my CFID" at Prohealth.com website]. However the CEBV virus still stayed with me so you could say i was 90% cured from Chronic Fatigue. But then after applying the above second CEBV program [ a guy at Curezone.com developed it] I feel amazing ....the virus is practically dead i have amazing energy back...never felt like this for a continuous.

period.

Steve: I strongly advise you to do a complete microbiological blood testing for Mycoplasma type bacteria family as you may also have Mycoplasma infection...I had Mycoplasma Pnuemonia for 17 years. A PCR test is required. Go to a top lab or search on internet for other people with Mycoplasma to check their labs.

Wish you all well,

Abdulrahman

• @Tony_Pee -- How do you feel these days.  Do you still believe the Naltrexone has resolved your EBV?

• I am trying LDN now with liposomal vitamin C. at 1mg it's provoking EBV symptoms after one week. Crossing my fingers it will improve over time.
  • AndreasAndreas ✭✭
    edited February 2015

@Sirshocking,

I've started to look at doing something like this myself (2 year history of EBV + some other things).  It would help all of us here (maybe mostly me) if you post your protocol.

Dose, frequency, and duration LDN?

Dose, frequency, and duration Liposomal Vitamin C?

What markers will you use to evaluate the results?

What Liposomal Vitamin C do you use?

I've found wide variation in quality and few which actually behave as expected.  

Livon, seems like the best I've evaluated so far (I have no financial interest in Livon).  

Do you plan to "stack" with other forms of vitamin C?

I currently take 10 grams of Liposomal Vitamin C per day + stacking it with IV C (75 g) once per week + both sodium ascorbate and ascorbic palmitate to bowel tolerance. 

I have had a similar experience as you with all of this "provoking EBV symptoms".  This could come from the detritus of vitamin C interacting and cleaning up cellular damage.  Ones body need to get rid of the debris/toxins following the fight.

To address this, I've started to give thought to how to optimize a vitamin C protocol.  It probably includes:

Antioxidant stack:

Lipsomal Vitamin C

Sodium Ascorbate

Ascorbic palmitate

BHT (which some believe disrupts EBVs lipid shell)

Liposomal Glutathione with Lipsomal Vitamin C

Clean up (1 hour after dosing VC to assist in binding toxins released by the primary dose of VC):

Calcium D Glucarte

L-Glutamine 

Vitamin C - in all available forms at a lower dose to clean up the toxins released by the first.

Mineral support: 

Magnesium

Zinc

Copper

Selenium

Iodine

These almost all figure in supporting detox protocols (see posts on Rapid Fat Loss Protocol developed as a detox protocol to support rapid fat loss).

I'd also like to determine an optimal dosing schedule (for all of the above).  

EBV infects B cells of the immune system and epithelial cells.  Once the virus's initial lytic infection is brought under control, EBV latently persists in the individual's B cells for the rest of the individual's life.  Once EBV enters the cell, the viral capsid dissolves and the viral genome is transported to the cell nucleus.

This makes it very difficult to rid our cells of the virus.

With this in mind, I've wondered if rather than dosing with a protocol like the above a couple of times per day for a period of weeks or months, one might have better success by dosing at high levels of Liposomal Vitamin C (5 grams at a time) every 4 hours (?) around the clock for a few days.

Follow each dose with the clean up protocol + minerals (1 - 2 hour(s) after primary dose).

I think one could reasonably time doses if one could determine the half-life of Liposomal Vitamin C.

This might enable one to continuously and optimally saturate the cells and thereby knock down the EBV and prevent it from recovering.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• I'd also like to hear about Tony's longer term experience with LDN. I just started on it Monday for some chronic fatigue/auto immune/inflammatory issues. I've been working with a neuro-immunologist for a few years, I've had some weird immune dysregulation issues going on, did the 23andme testing and basically from a genetic perspective my body excels at creating inflammation and does a poor job of turning it off once the job is done.  We're really hoping lose dose naltrexone helps modulate that and helps the immune system re-regulate. I'm optimistic and hopeful.

• I took it for Lyme/EBV related chronic fatigue. 4.5 mg before bed for around five months. I don't think it helped much.

• gnoobergnoober
    edited July 2016

For anyone suffering from a chronic virus, I have cured incurable chicken viruses and my own colds with MMS (Master Mineral Supplement / sodium chlorite) as well as lymes with Bioresonance therapy, which is similar to RIFE stuff. The internet is abuzz with debunkers and proponents. I, having tried both, can attest to their effectiveness.

• Has anyone on this page other than Tony had similar success in curing either EBV or CFS?

I’ve had a terrible case of EBV for the last 3 years and am looking to finally knock it out with LDN. It seems there has been both great and mild success with it

Please feel free to share and reach out. Still very much looking for answers