Collagen Vs Whey

Hi all!

I'm looking into getting collagen or whey for various problems. I know I need to get some MCT oil in; but I'm wondering the pros and cons of C or W? I'm wanting primarily healing for my gut; but also drastically need some weight gain, and a little extra protein in my diet. 

I'd like to put this in my morning coffee, use as a smoothie additive, etc. 

In addition, any good recipes for getting these in??

Thanks!

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

For gut look into L-glutamine, whey would work too. Collagen will be way too expensive for that purpose. 

Recipe - stir and chug :-)

• You say you want to put in coffee, smoothies.... Since coffee is hot, you can ONLY add collagen to it. If you put whey in there you are ....throwing it awhey! 

Sorry.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Since you have Crohns all dairy products should be avoided including Whey Protein. Also all grass fed beef must be cooked thoroughly (sadly against bp recommendations) because MAP can live on ground beef.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• "On most days, a pure fat Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting “breakfast” is an optimal choice, but on days you work out and the day after either put Upgradedâ„¢ Collagen Protein in your HOT Bulletproof® Coffee or Upgraded Whey 2.0 Protein in your ICED Bulletproof® Coffee. Getting this right seriously optimizes your body and mind in the morning

For an ultimate Bulletproof ice cream like consistency, blend in one or two raw egg yolks BEFORE the whey."

^^John Brisson seems to be the go-to guy for your gut. For adding extra weight... seems like a regular BP diet would do that if you are UNDER weight, but if you are trying to bulk, workout and this diet will provide you with lean mass. If you are not underwieght but want to gain some pounds without working out, I would suggest carbs.

Never Stop Moving: Progress in some aspect of your life everyday, move forward in it, whether it be your job, school, body, mind, or relationships. Constantly better yourself!