How To Mask Taste Of Bp Coffee?

Been on BP diet for about a month now. I Use organic , lightly satled butter from a local farm with Kenco Millicano coffee and about 2 tblsp of organic virgin cocnut oil in... problem is the taste is starting to get to me. The butter and black coffe combo is seriously putting me-off BP coffee. Any sugestions to mask taste? (and no, cinamon is not an option!!)

Thanks

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Try doubling the amount of coffee/water to dilute the butter. Worked well for me.

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

Hold your nose while you drink it.

StavingMarvin.jpg

Or don't drink it...

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Problem solved... i think. Had butter with rice milk this morn, warmed the lot in the microwave until really hot.. not boiling and the taste is just 100 times better, sweet creamy taste. Also helps not setting the cup down for the butter to form a layer on-top.

Btw Katolotus...you posted photo is border line very bad taste...

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

Yes, milk, cow's too, changes the taste a lot.

But your primary problem is the coconut oil - it just makes it sort of bitter. Get MCT oil. It's there for a purpose.

• That was the point. Didn't you have a Bad Taste problem ;-)

doesn't sound like your making it properly! Microwave isn't bulletproof, but I still use mine, just not for coffee.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Farway, you might ask yourself if you really made Bulletproof Coffee?

Did you use low-toxin Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee Beans?

Did you use Bulletproof Upgraded MCT Oil, which has a mild taste?

Did you use unsalted grass-fed butter, as Dave Asprey suggests?

You mentioned "not setting the cup down for the butter to form a layer on-top".  Did you use a blender?

• Funny, I think coconut oil tastes better than MCT oil.  But then, I like the taste of coconut.  I would think that the salt is what's nasty about the drink you had.  I would use a different way of describing microwaving coffee, I'd call it sacrilege.