Bulletproof Knee Joint

I've had chronic knee pain for a while now and while it has improved (used to barely be able to walk on it) from following the bulletproof diet and lifestyle there's still pain.

Any suggestions that haven't already been discussed (I'll put the other topics on this at the bottom) I'd appreciate either medical or 'alternative' remedies.

Things I have already tried besides the bulletproof diet such as collagen is acupuncture, ice, and I'm looking for a doctor that can provide prolotherapy which I've heard good things about.

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/5412-knee-trouble-questions/?hl=knee

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/index.php?/topic/4769-help-with-injured-knee/?hl=knee

Where I post my research:
buildingabetterhuman.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci

Tagged:

Comments

• the primary reason people get knee pain is the knee is out of position. And in that position it cannot function normally. That means a lot of different things, including excessive friction which leads to inflammation. Most things people do to "treat knee pain" simply address symptom and ignore root cause. 

People can have a mispositioned knee for a lot of reasons. Most common is simply that the hip has gotten tight, that mispositions the femur, and once that happens the knee joint is automatically torqued.

We did a short video at our clinic with 3 simple exercises for knee pain. Now, they are addressing the most common postural reasons why people have knee pain. If one of those is why YOU have knee pain, these will help. If not, then they'll be of limited benefit.

The book that I find most useful for dealing with musculoskeletal pain is Pain Free by Pete Egoscue. It is what started me down this path, first as a client and then as a clinic owner and director.  For people with knee pain, I recommend reading the first 3 chapters, then do the routine for knee pain. There are actually two, one if your knees are internally rotated (point inward) and one if they rotate externally. Feel free to message or email me with questions if I can be of any help.

But the overriding principle to remember is this: the POSITION of the joint dictates it's function and condition. It's the most elemental variable in the body functioning properly. If load joints are mispositioned, all bets are off. 

• yeah, I like Starrett's book a lot. 

• hybridhybrid Cateye vs Isolation

Do you have full range of motion in your knee, can you sit on your heels?

• Sometimes you just can't fix it yourself. I've just had my fourth knee op.

KneeBraceOpSep13_zpsde3f82b9.jpg

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• romansbromansb BulletResistant

what have you done to help correct the issue, or are you only interested in dealing with the pain.  Was it an injury, do you move incorrectly, or do you have tight tissues?

the primary reason people get knee pain is the knee is out of position. And in that position it cannot function normally. That means a lot of different things, including excessive friction which leads to inflammation. Most things people do to "treat knee pain" simply address symptom and ignore root cause. 

People can have a mispositioned knee for a lot of reasons. Most common is simply that the hip has gotten tight, that mispositions the femur, and once that happens the knee joint is automatically torqued.

We did a short video at our clinic with 3 simple exercises for knee pain. Now, they are addressing the most common postural reasons why people have knee pain. If one of those is why YOU have knee pain, these will help. If not, then they'll be of limited benefit.

The book that I find most useful for dealing with musculoskeletal pain is Pain Free by Pete Egoscue. It is what started me down this path, first as a client and then as a clinic owner and director.  For people with knee pain, I recommend reading the first 3 chapters, then do the routine for knee pain. There are actually two, one if your knees are internally rotated (point inward) and one if they rotate externally. Feel free to message or email me with questions if I can be of any help.

But the overriding principle to remember is this: the POSITION of the joint dictates it's function and condition. It's the most elemental variable in the body functioning properly. If load joints are mispositioned, all bets are off. 

I've done:

• RICE protocol,
    • Acupuncture,
    • Upgraded Collagen (and bulletproof diet in general)
    • Got a mini massage-er which sends a small amount of voltage through the muscles (and is actually quite effective temporarily),
    • Lab work to make sure everything was set up for success as far as healthy healing goes
    • Done some mobilitywod.com (but haven't bought the book yet)

Found out that although my range of movement is generally good I do have some mobility issues in my hips which is definitely something that needs to be addressed. So injury, meniscus to be specific, along with moving incorrectly. Also thinking katolotus I may have to bite that bullet (ha! get it? of course you do) and get surgery if the prolotherapy doesn't help as being in the military, although I did get a waiver, don't exactly have the option of resting forever.

Thank you for all the feedback! Much appreciated.

Where I post my research:
    buildingabetterhuman.com

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci

• I know that it's quiet an old topic, but maybe thai information will be useful.
    Options for treating knee pain include:

• Rest.
      In some cases, resting the knee and avoiding activities that aggravate the knee for a while can relieve knee pains.

• Medication.
      Over the counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can reduce inflammation and provide relief of pain and stiffness. If your knee pain stems from a medical condition, such as gout or arthritis, medications to treat the condition may also help alleviate knee pain symptoms.

• Physical therapy.
      A physical therapist can work with you to strengthen the muscles surrounding your knee and improve your flexibility. Special exercises can improve your range of motion and balance, as well as alleviate pain and stiffness.

• Corticosteroid injections.
      Corticosteroids contain cortisone and a numbing agent that can offer fast relief of inflammation and knee pain when injected into the joint.

• Hyaluronic acid (HA) injections.
      These injections use a fluid similar to the thick fluid found in our joints that provide lubrication so the joint can more better.

• Surgery.
      Depending on the cause and severity of your knee pain, surgery may be recommended. Knee surgery options include arthroscopic surgery, partial knee replacement and total knee replacement.

And here is information about possible causes of knee pain https://advancedregenerativeorthopedics.com/conditions/knee-pain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file