Bp Recommendations For A Person With Brain Tumor Epilepsy

Hi,

My mother has been a smoker for 30 years. She is non gluten free has a bunch of vegetable oils, eats white flour etc. Definitely not enough healthy fats or grass fed meats.

She has a cavernoma in her brain. Some type of malicious brain tumor. It is very severe and she has developed epilepsy on the other side of her brain.

She is on very heavy epilepsy medication and her good and bad cholesterol levels are very high.

As you can imagine this is very traumatic for our family, myself and her.

She still smokes every day and I believe her dietary choices are not optimal.

I have some belief it may be misguided however that her body is starved of healthy fats and she needs to remyelinate her nerves somehow.

I feel she needs a boost of healthy fats for her brain.

I know the bulletproof coffee is designed to boost the brain with healthy fats.

I am thinking of making her a bulletproof coffee each day with mct, 1 tablespoon extra virgin organic coconut oil for the lauric acid, daves beans and unsalted westgold NZ butter.

I cant help but think all these healthy fats for her in the morning will do nothing but good for her condition, being that I have heard the brain and hormones of body are composed of saturated fats.

can somebody please give me some advice if this is the right thing to do?

Is there anything else I can be giving her to assist with making her brain as healthy as it can be? Any oils, products, remedies? Any elimination of things in the diet? Gluten / wheat free etc?

So far all I can come up with is increasing a large amount of healthy fats. I also give her a Glutathione supplement to fight some of the oxidative stress, the intense levels of free radicals that are being created by each seizure.

Would Daves brain octane fluid be useful? Are there ANY, supplements that can help her? As the medication is crippling her. Everytime I see her she is looking sicker and I know she is fading from me.

Its a nightmare but she is my mother and I love her.

Any diet principles for people with neurological conditions / epilepsy?

help me out here I am trying.

thanks so much love you. xo

Comments

• I see that you do not have a response yet.  I do not have your answer, but I did have a mom who struggled with epilepsy in her latter years.  I know how hard that can be.  I hope you get your answer soon.  I know that a ketogenic diet is VERY beneficial!

My heart goes out to you.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Do some research on ketogenic diets AKA low carb. There are a lot of studies showing these had positive results on kids with epilepsy.

Tough situation man :-( keep looking!
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

Yes the fatty coffee and the brain octane /MCT / coconut oil will all be beneficial for her brain, and seriously try the ketogenic thing, it's good for epilepsy. Maybe you could replace the vegetable oils with the MCT / brain octane / coconut / butter team, and if you can convicne her to try going keto, that will automatically reduce her grain intake. Hope some more experienced people here can come up with more, I really feel for your situation and wish you the best.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• BioChemist  - so you stay in ketosis to starve the cancer? How do you "turn off" the glucose mode? Just never eat enough carbs to get out of ketosis? What about the risks of being in ketosis too long? (Better than Cancer I guess you will say)

• Besides being in ketosis you would need to lower the bloodsugar with some drug. This has been done by Jeff Wolek in a sport nutrition experiment but no one has tested it for cancer.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

Would doing HIT exercise help? With the depleted glycogen stores, insulin would preferentially drive glucose into the muscles so the cancer cells can't get at it.

• Only issue with HIT and cancer is that many forms of cancer also can use lactate as fuel. Glycogen in the muscle cannot enter the blood anyway.

I like HIT but would not recomend it in this case.

Which Factors are Most Important for Strength Development? Find out on this episode with Black Belt Nutrition on Super Human Radio 

The 5 Best & Worst Supplements - A free insider report from Black Belt Nutrition

3 Steps to become a master Bio-Hacker - Part 1

I meant as a way to lower blood sugar, by creating a situation where the glucose gets stored in muscle vs circulating through the blood. Thanks for the answer though! :-D
  • RodRod The Rodfather

Has a SPECT scan been done? Starving all sugar and running on all lots of MCT is going to be needed. Any Mercury fillings? Metals? Detox pathways need to be optimized. I am curious if her brain has developed insulin resistance...

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• i dont know if a spect has been done I will ask her today. I have given her BP coffee w 80 grams grass fed butter, a bit of MCT and coconut oil for 7 days and she is having adverse effects. For the last 2 days she has been throwing up violently. I guessed either she has a negative reaction to the metabolic properties of the MCT or her digestive system is not properly used to the oils. I am putting her on a powerful probiotic for maybe a week then we can try the coffee again. Any suggestions? Why she may be throwing up?

• RodRod The Rodfather

Don't give her so much fat!!!!! She needs to take Betaine HCL and Digestive Enzymes in order to deal with the fat. Go like 1-2tbsp of butter and 1 tsp of MCT. Get her hydrated with electrolytes ASAP! Don't go crazy on the probitic, she could have a bad reaction. What are you giving her? what brand? S

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• ok what brand of digestive enzymes and Betaine HCL do I get? Ok she was throwing up yesterday I will go buy her some electroytes now. i will lower the dose of the coffee tommorow. I was going to start her on 1/2 a teaspoon of the 2012 probiotic. thankyou. any advice you can give me is very priceless I am going to see her now.

• RodRod The Rodfather

ok what brand of digestive enzymes and Betaine HCL do I get? Ok she was throwing up yesterday I will go buy her some electroytes now. i will lower the dose of the coffee tommorow. I was going to start her on 1/2 a teaspoon of the 2012 probiotic. thankyou. any advice you can give me is very priceless I am going to see her now.

If you can afford it, PURE brand is great! If money is an issue, NOW brands will do. Yes, she needs to have lot's of electrolytes, it will help her in general! Please lower the fat content, not the coffee. I looked up 2012 probiotic and didn't find anything! Do you have a link to the product? Ok bro, go be with her now! 

• I got her soluable hydralyte electrolyte formula as I found that one to be the best. She was very ill throwing up yesterday from all the fat so she had NO fat or BP coffee today. How much hydralyte should she have today? or everyday? Why is it benefiting her? I also got some chemist brand Digestive Enzymes which said you should take 30 minutes prior to eating any food.

Ok i need help here. When I make the BP coffee for myself I put 1/4 a cup of beans into a mini porlex and hand grind. 1/4 cup fills up the top of the mini porlex and it seems to be equivalent to a double espresso? It seems quite strong, good for 500mls of coffee.

How much coffee should I grind for her? I was thinking grinding half of what I have. And how long before I can make her the BP coffee again? Is it safe to make her the BP coffee tommorow? I was thinking of making the coffee for her with 1/8 cup of beans ground, 40 grams grass fed butter, 1 tblsp coconut oil, and 1 tspn MCT. Is that safe? is there another recipe or guideline I should follow?

I cant get any Betaine HCL just now I have to order it online. Should I put off giving her the coffee until she takes the digestive enzymes and Betaine HCL for a while?

http://www.rawpower.com.au/superfoods/enzymes/2012-organic-probiotic-superfood-150g

that is the probiotic she has at home. it is very strong fermented from 20 superfoods.

I have heard this one is better this is the one I have been taking for myself.

http://www.ezyhealthfood.com/ezyflora-daily-prebiotic-amp-probiotic-blend-p-109.html

should i start her on a probiotic? why might it be bad for her? its strong you take 1/2 a teaspoon for two weeks then move up.

Ok thanks for your help