Glutothione...different Types And Ways To Take It.

After Dave sent out the email yesterday announcing his new glutothione, it got me thinking about whether there is a cheaper product(i want to support him as much as possible, but i cant buy all his products...they arent cheap), a combination of precursors for enhancing production, or just a different way to take glutothione.

After some digging I found that there is another product: S Acetyl glutothione that is supposed to stand up to the break down in the digestive system. Anyone have any experience with this? Any cheaper alternatives that are as good as the upgraded stuff? Anybody found a solid combination of precursors(glycine, glutamate, cysteine, cystine?, 

Also, I found a link to a youtube video of a doctor promoting the use of a nebulizer to inhale L-glutothione so it will be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Link below. Has anyone ever tried this? Any results?

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

The thing is...if Dave's GSH is 8 times more powerful that any other GSH on the market, you would be wasting your money. You could technically just less of Dave's product over time to save you money. I'm going through the same debate, I was going to make my own GSH but this new delivery system seems too legit! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• The thing is...if Dave's GSH is 8 times more powerful that any other GSH on the market, you would be wasting your money. You could technically just less of Dave's product over time to save you money. I'm going through the same debate, I was going to make my own GSH but this new delivery system seems too legit!

Damn you for making so much sense! And i agree about the delivery system. I'm just looking to "price hack" a few of the ones that are pricey and I want to use the most. Glutothione, a few essential vitamins(d3, magnesium, krill oil), and BP coffee are becoming my must haves.

And the main reason i want some feedback for anyone who has tried the nebulizer is to see if it is impairs lung capacity(like smoking). I do hiit 4 or 5 days a week and don't want to be wheezing like the fat kid in class.

• RodRod The Rodfather

lol yea, I hear you but honestly, the only effective way to take GSH is through Liposomes! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• I have Dave's glutothione, and my husband and I are taking it every morning.  Question:  does anyone taste the lemon/ginger flavor this product is suppose to have?  I don't doubt this is a great product; we purchased 2 orders.  But the taste... I WISH I could taste some lemon/ginger.  We take it first thing in the morning and it is not a great flavor to wake up to.  Sort of tastes like bones mixed in to Vaseline.  We now rinse our mouths out with water after taking (on an empty stomach).  

Ahhhh the "price" of good health!!   :-P 

• There is an injectable form of Glutathione on the market.  I have seen remarkable benefits from it.  No worries whatsoever about surviving digestion, or taste. It does have to be refrigerated. Some people prefer to stay away from injections.  Understandable.  There are options for sure.  Possibly a combination of the two would work best.

• I take Cellgevity. As far as I know no other glutathione enhancer comes close to it, due to a patent made by a japanese scientist that effectively delivers Cysteine to the cell boosting glutathione by %300. I wouldnt mess with any other type or brand of Glutathione enhancer. Cellgevity is the shizz

• RodRod The Rodfather

I take Cellgevity. As far as I know no other glutathione enhancer comes close to it, due to a patent made by a japanese scientist that effectively delivers Cysteine to the cell boosting glutathione by %300. I wouldnt mess with any other type or brand of Glutathione enhancer. Cellgevity is the shizz

The problem is Cysteine is only one part of Gluthathione, as far as I am concerned, Dave's is the strongest GSH available due to it being reduced GSH and the liposomal + lactoferin delivery mechanism. 

• I have Dave's glutothione, and my husband and I are taking it every morning.  Question:  does anyone taste the lemon/ginger flavor this product is suppose to have?  I don't doubt this is a great product; we purchased 2 orders.  But the taste... I WISH I could taste some lemon/ginger.  We take it first thing in the morning and it is not a great flavor to wake up to.  Sort of tastes like bones mixed in to Vaseline.  We now rinse our mouths out with water after taking (on an empty stomach).  

Ahhhh the "price" of good health!!   :-P 

Quite disgusting! I sip a little bit of black coffee after taking mine. I would describe the taste as "metallic dog farts"

•  

The thing is...if Dave's GSH is 8 times more powerful that any other GSH on the market, you would be wasting your money. You could technically just less of Dave's product over time to save you money. I'm going through the same debate, I was going to make my own GSH but this new delivery system seems too legit!

Damn you for making so much sense! And i agree about the delivery system. I'm just looking to "price hack" a few of the ones that are pricey and I want to use the most. Glutothione, a few essential vitamins(d3, magnesium, krill oil), and BP coffee are becoming my must haves.

And the main reason i want some feedback for anyone who has tried the nebulizer is to see if it is impairs lung capacity(like smoking). I do hiit 4 or 5 days a week and don't want to be wheezing like the fat kid in class.

Just want to second this... I seriously think Daves stuff is worth the price, the package lists 40 doses but will probably get closer to 80-100 out of it considering I didn't need a full mL to gain benefits (more like a half) and the dispensers are over filled! Comes out to less than a dollar a dose!

• Just an update:

I got sucked into a group on yahoo that is into encapsulating and decided to try it out for myself. I have to say, so far so good. I have made a couple of small batches of liposomal glutathione and its good stuff! If taken before or after drinking a little, it definitely prevents or stops a hangover. It was super simple too. just buy a cheap ultrasonic cleaner($30), some non gmo soy lecithin(granules, not liquid, $6) and glutathione(gnc brand is what i could find immediately, $30). I mix 1 Tbs of glutathione with 3 Tbs of lecithin in 8 oz of water. You blend it up and then put it in the cleaner for about 15 min, then its ready to go. I've been taking about about 1/2-3/4 oz shots in the am(tastes like sulfury hell) right before i slug down some bp coffee, which helps get the taste out of my mouth. I also tried a Tbs of MCT in this last batch and it seems to help with the taste. So one batch lasts around a week at that rate and it will keep in the fridge for a while. It's definitely cheaper and I definitely feel great, so I guess it's a success!

My next project is to learn about the lactoferrin delivery and see how to duplicate it.

And most importantly:

I've started making some for my mom(who is in cancer remission and is taking the 5 yr chemo pill) and it seems to be helping her with multiple symptoms(fatigue, arthritis, etc..)!!

• RodRod The Rodfather

Just an update:

I got sucked into a group on yahoo that is into encapsulating and decided to try it out for myself. I have to say, so far so good. I have made a couple of small batches of liposomal glutathione and its good stuff! If taken before or after drinking a little, it definitely prevents or stops a hangover. It was super simple too. just buy a cheap ultrasonic cleaner($30), some non gmo soy lecithin(granules, not liquid, $6) and glutathione(gnc brand is what i could find immediately, $30). I mix 1 Tbs of glutathione with 3 Tbs of lecithin in 8 oz of water. You blend it up and then put it in the cleaner for about 15 min, then its ready to go. I've been taking about about 1/2-3/4 oz shots in the am(tastes like sulfury hell) right before i slug down some bp coffee, which helps get the taste out of my mouth. I also tried a Tbs of MCT in this last batch and it seems to help with the taste. So one batch lasts around a week at that rate and it will keep in the fridge for a while. It's definitely cheaper and I definitely feel great, so I guess it's a success!

My next project is to learn about the lactoferrin delivery and see how to duplicate it.

And most importantly:

I've started making some for my mom(who is in cancer remission and is taking the 5 yr chemo pill) and it seems to be helping her with multiple symptoms(fatigue, arthritis, etc..)!!

Can you please PM me the group, I couldn't find the yahoo LET group. TY!

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

But all this glutathione hype is on the speculation that oral glutathione does anything at all to blood glutathione levels. No study yet has verified this. This is why I recommend taking certain supplements like RLA, NAC, and Dave's Protein to naturally produce glutathione and recycle it. I would do this before I ever take a glutathione supplement.

I really think the reason why people feel better on Upgraded Glutathione is because of the excellent source of phospholipids and lactoferrin.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• RodRod The Rodfather

But all this glutathione hype is on the speculation that oral glutathione does anything at all to blood glutathione levels. No study yet has verified this. This is why I recommend taking certain supplements like RLA, NAC, and Dave's Protein to naturally produce glutathione and recycle it. I would do this before I ever take a glutathione supplement.

I really think the reason why people feel better on Upgraded Glutathione is because of the excellent source of phospholipids and lactoferrin.

The problem is that the amount of phospholipids is too small, 1 pump is  about 1/4th tsp or less from what I remember. 

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

The problem is that the amount of phospholipids is too small, 1 pump is  about 1/4th tsp or less from what I remember. 

But those lipids go directly in the blood stream right? Haha. Remember most people are phospholipid starved a little can go a long way.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• RodRod The Rodfather

But those lipids go directly in the blood stream right? Haha. Remember most people are phospholipid starved a little can go a long way.

Yea but if your on BP then you are getting phospholipids. I eat lot's of eggs and to truthful, I can't tell a difference right now but I could check urinary output of GSH! What sucks is I have the cystathionine beta synthase gene mutation so it messes up my GSH but luckily Dr.B has supported me in that way to make sure I'm producing as much GSH naturally as possible.