My Typical Daily Routine...... Change?

Hello all!  Thank you in advance for your input here.

My typical routine, I wake at 330am, I take a scoop of Advocare spark with water, I CrossFit at 4am for an hour, I come upstairs and have some aminos with water (like a recovery drink), then I shower, get ready for work, eat some eggs, and I am off to work!

I am excited to try the bulletproof diet.  How will this change?

Can I still have spark first thing?  Then after workout, shower, and sip coffee on my way to work?  Might be too much caffeine.  It has 120mg of caffeine but zero sugar.  Although it tastes sweet.  Sucralose.

http://www.advocare.com/products/active/A2094.aspx

So then I hold off on eating until noon?  What about recovery from workout?

OK thanks guys.  I appreciate your help.

E

Comments

• With that exercise regimen and schedule I would say Intermittant Fasting will just add stress to your body... just eat Bulletproof... no need to IF.....

• Thank you Jason and Megs

As far as energy is concerned, I am fantastic.  I have no issue.  The spark really gets me going for my early workout and does not give me a crash.

I am and have been eating paleo, and I am refining this approach based on information I have found on this site.  Cutting apples and bananas and adding berries.

I need to cut about 20-25 lbs to get to my goal weight.  I am doing everything right, or so I think.  But I am stuck and need to cut more.  I was hoping the by adding the fat and MCT I may break through this.

What I am hearing is that perhaps the afternoon addition of the bullet proof coffee is my best bet?  I liked the idea of the morning fast, but perhaps following very intense exercise this may be catabolic.

Any further thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you

E

• katolotuskatolotus ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

20-25lb is quite a bit to lose, what's the rest of your diet like? and what sort of shape would losing the weight put you in. Are you being realistic?

When I get down close to my fight weight (155lb) I'm in great shape, but not something I could hold on to for too long and still be performing.

Not much info to go on, so just asking some questions.

As for IF, I do it most mornings and do my hard training (post BPC) at 6:30am and stay IF for another 6hrs. Guessing I'm pretty fat adapted now, so it's doable if you want to do it. But as Jason says, go with what's working for you.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• edited September 2013

Big E, welcome to the Bulletproof Forum! We're glad to have you! I think you are really going to enjoy the benefits (and the food) of the BP diet!

Just wanted to bring it up, if long-term health is your goal, you will want to ditch the sucralose. It is literally poison. Sucralose (Splenda) has never been proven safe for human consumption. 

There is a plethora of information out there regarding the harmful effects of sucralose (cancer, brain decay, weight gain, damage to gut, etc.), but here is just a bit of history on the chemical substance...

"Only two trials were completed and published before the FDA approved sucralose for human consumption, and the two trials had a grand total of 36 total human subjects.

36 people sure doesn't sound like many, but wait, it gets worse: only 23 total were actually given sucralose for testing, and here is the real kicker: The longest trial at this time had lasted only four days, and looked at sucralose in relation to tooth decay, not human tolerance.

Even more shocking, the absorption of Splenda into the human body was studied on a grand total of six men! Based on that one human study, the FDA allowed the findings to be generalized as being representative of the entire human population. Including women, children, the elderly, and those with any chronic illness -- none of whom were ever examined.

The FDA claims they reviewed over 100 studies conducted on Splenda. What they don't tell you is that most of the studies were on animals. And, those animal studies reveal plenty of problems, such as: 

- Decreased red blood cells -- sign of anemia -- at levels above 1,500 mg/kg/day

- Increased male infertility by interfering with sperm production and vitality, as well as brain lesions at higher doses

- Enlarged and calcified kidneys

- Spontaneous abortions in nearly half the rabbit population given sucralose, compared to zero aborted pregnancies in the control group 

- A 23 percent death rate in rabbits, compared to a 6 percent death rate in the control group"

I'm honestly not trying to rain on your parade lol, I just think it's important to be aware of long-term negative side effects from chemical substances like aspartame, sucralose, flouride, etc.

Best to stick with stevia and xylitol (and occasionally raw honey). I think it is awesome how you are tracking your results, taking charge of your health, and improving yourself! Your dedication is definitely inspiring. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your progress with the BP lifestyle!

=======================================================================================

When I'm not eating delicious, Bulletproof food, I spend my time reading, listening to podcasts/audiobooks, lifting, traveling, and helping people to:

1.) become a more powerful version of themselves and 2.) create real income online. I have to admit, my life is quite fun! :)

• Big E,

Have you considered changing your workout time to accomodate the IF? I was a morning workout guy too and found IFing to be EXTREMELY effective(as far as cutting body fat) when I changed my workouts to afternoon. I now stop feeding at 7:30 or 8pm. I wake up and have my BPC at 8am and don't feed until at least 12:00. I eat a big paleo lunch and then train(HIIT or heavy lifting) at 5:30 or so. I have a smaller meal at night, usually with some carbs.

Of course, this just works with my schedule...But as i've seen other posters on here comment that your workout will probably be a higher performance one, thus more effective workout if you can do it later when your mobility is better and you're fed. More effective workout=better gains=less fat

Also, regarding expectations....the loss wasn't instant for me(25 lbs over 3 months). If it is, it is probably water weight. It takes a long to time to add the fat, so it might take a little while to take it off.

Good luck with your journey! You have found the right place to begin it, thats for sure!