Toe Nail Fungus Help

Hi,

I have a fungus under the toe nail of my big and middle toes on my right foot. I have tried many topical treatments but the infection persists. Does anyone have an effective treatment protocol that they can recommend? I am not thrilled about hosting a mycotoxin generator and would like to rid myself of it for good.

Thanks!!
Tagged:

Comments

• Smathering your fungal bits with Vicks (the vapOrub sort of Vicks) has been known to be helpful. I also, when I had a guinea pig who lost the genetic lottery and fought with fungal infections all of his life UNTIL I read that expeller pressed unrefined coconut oil was antiviral, antibacterial and antiFUNGAL! Whooot! It saved us tons of money in prescriptions (that didnt work - and only upset his poor little gut flora).

Hopefully one or both can be helpful for you!
  • I second the coconut oil. Internal and external. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Get your thyroid checked. Low thyroid = low immune function in your toes and feet.
  • They said that listerine with white vinegar is effective. Vicks really works but very slowly. image/icon_e_geek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':geek:' />
  • Try soaking your feet with vinegar and use an open footwear like sandals or slippers.
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    Tea tree oil is a great one!

No sorcery, just science. 

• Iodine, Just soak the toe in iodine a couple of times, use a needle to clear some of the spongy fungus out of the way to allow more penetration. It will kill the fungus and it will slowly dissapear as the toenail grows out.

I learned it after trying all kinds of things that did not work and refused to take the medication.
  • Coconut oil or grape seed oil rubbed on your feet at night, then socks. Hear it works well, but need to do it for a while. 

• Get your toenails tested for mycotoxins.

• I had toe and skin fungus between my pinkie toes for 2+ years and doctors kept giving me a clear nail polish which took about 3 months to work and as soon as I would finish the bottle within weeks it would come back. My large toe nails had the layers seperated and my nails were black underneath.  I would have to cut the top layer of nail back to put the polish on.  I saw a pediatrist on an unrelated matter and saw foot fungal posters up in his office.  Of course I had to ask his opinion and he said the best thing to use and the only thing he has told his clients is soak in a white vinegar water solution.  Nothing special just stuff from the grocery store, but with the highest acidity level possible as fungus can not live in an acid based environment. I found it came in two levels when I shopped around.

Within a week I noticed a difference and in under a month my large nails on both feet were clear and the nail began growing again and between my toes was completely free.

Every night for for the first week and then probably every second day for the remaining time I would soak in a basin for 20-30 min.  Cut back as much nail as you can and push your cuticles back and continually scrape away anything that does not belong.  It will loosen after you soak for a bit then put your feet back in. Initially I used 1 cup in a basin with water over my feet then tinkered around and I tried a 50/50 mixture and then pure vinegar.  He told me not to use pure as some people have an irritation, but I had to try and all was fine.  Once every 4-6 months between my pinkie toes may start to flare up and I soak a day or two and it goes away again.  It is normally after a stretch of warm weather and I wear military boots at work for 4 day stretches at 12 hours a day, so I don't get mush fresh air in there.

Make sure you clean your socks or any other foot wear directly contacting your feet(Vibram Five Fingers) in warm or hot water to kill any fungus.

I agree with Dave as it is possibly a thyroid issue as the last two generations of my dad's side have been diagnosed (Grandparents and all four children have some type of autoimmune linked disease and my younger brother was deathly ill with candida issues).  This is also two generations of bakers and therefore everyone around us eats a ton of gluten.  I cut gluten out over two years ago and went paleo at the exact time I started treating my feet with vinegar as I thought there may be a linkage.  My thyroid testing has been fine and shows nothing, but I am not confident in their tests.

Before vinegar I tried tea tree and had nothing happen.  I eat two to three tablespoons of coconut oil and or mct daily and have put that on my feet when I started having a flare up and I found I get nothing, but slippery feel that feel good,  but the fungus stays.  One or two vinegar treatments and no more fungus.

• karenkaren "Say your 3 S's: Star, Smile, Strong!"

Good news, bad news.

Good news: A great way to kill the toenail fungus: Get the basic unflavored Listerine, mix with equal parts of ACV, and add several drops of a good tea tree essential oil, mix in a spray bottle (don't dilute with any water), apply as often as you can or soak in the mixture. (It's what we use for horses, too, fyi, when they get stubborn fungus). 

Bad news: If it is a chronic issue and keeps returning, you are probably dealing with a systemic candida issue. You can google that and see what that means for you. Essentially, all forms of sugar (carbs, fruit, alcohol) feed candida and keep it thriving in the body, and in times of stress, or weaker areas, you'll see flare-ups. But if you just treat the surface and don't go after the cellular level, the problem will remain.

• John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Tea tree oil is a great one!

It works, but I swear Aussies and their Tea Tree Oil!

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• get your thyroid and adrenal function checked. Stubborn toe nail fungus is often a symptom.

• There are many different factors which will influence treatment success. There are some people who do not like the idea of using “pharmaceutical” treatment methods. Which is fine, however the “natural” treatment methods are not too dissimilar to their pharmaceutical counterparts.

What a lot of people fail to realize is that natural remedies sparked pharmaceutical medicines. Aspirin is good example example. The main ingredient is Salicylic Acid which comes from the bark of the Willow Tree. Indigenous tribes knew this for ages- a few tweaks here and there and out came Aspirin- one of the most successful medications of all time. Salicylic acid is also used for a number of different skin conditions caused by thickened, hard skin, such as warts, psoriasis, scaly skin conditions, and nail infections (caused by fungus).

http://massspectrumbotanicals.com/shop/salicylic-acid/
  • Has anyone tried applying Brain Octane oil on the toenail?

• zman4321zman4321
    edited February 28

I've heard good things about Fungus Key Pro has anyone ever tried it before?