Blood Test After Bpc

Hey everyone,

Hope this is going in the right forum, if not someone feel free to let me know and I will ask a moderator to move.

I have been drinking bulletproof coffee since January on an almost daily basis. I had blood work done in November 2012 and then again last week. Wanted to share my results with you.

For reference I was on a typical runner diet before November 2012, I exercised a lot but refrained from fast food, sweets of any kind and got plenty of vegetables in. This diet included plenty of whole grains and dairy though. My blood results are below.

Cholesterol 133 MG/DL

HDL 37 MG/DL (Low)

LDL 83 MG/DL

Triglycerides 66

Sodium 138 MMOL/L

Potassium 4.3 MMOL/L

Chloride 103 MMOL/L

Carbon Dioxide 30 MMOL/L

Calcium 9.9 MG/DL

Glucose 93 MG/DL

Creatine .85 MH/DL

I have been on a Bulletproof diet since January that I follow moderately. Switched all to grass fed meats, use intermittent fasting and bulletproof coffee and am taking Vitamin D, Magnesium and a few other. My current blood work is below.

Cholesterol 171 MG/DL

HDL 52 MG/DL 

LDL 107 MG/DL 

Triglycerides 60

Sodium 140 MMOL/L

Potassium 4.0 MMOL/L

Chloride 103 MMOL/L

Carbon Dioxide 29 MMOL/L

Calcium 9.5 MG/DL

Glucose 87 MG/DL

Creatine .71 MH/DL

Anyhow, thought you all might be interested!

Cheers

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Nice, these tests are telling us much. I can say your total cholesterol is still low, 240 seems to be the optimal range (according to some sources) but I don't even worry about it Total Cholesterol if oxidized Cholesterol is low.  

So yea, the only thing I can see your increase in HDL ( Good Job ) but you need to raise Total Cholesterol! 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• were these fasted blood tests?

I had two test fairly recently and was supposed to have them done fasted, but I had a BPC in the morning before each. Not sure if it affected the results or not. First test I'd already had a BPC and had the test, as I couldn't make it at another time, so on the 2nd test I did the same and had a BPC upon waking before the test.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Thanks for the responses! Yes both of these tests were fasting. I took both around 9am and the last meal I had eaten was around 7pm the night prior.

It was wonderful seeing an improvement in my lipid panel. I can say that I feel far better than I ever have physically so I almost never question my diet but I would be lying if I said that I never had a little concern about drinking tablespoons of butter and MCT in my coffee almost daily. I think that concern has stemmed simply from all the miseducation about fat we have been fed in the last few decades.

Any suggestions on increasing total cholesterol? I wouldn't mind seeing my HDL go a little higher as well. Currently I eat ~3 tablespoons of coconut oil, ~3 tablespoons MCT oil and ~6 tablespoons of Kerrygold everyday and sometimes put Olive Oil on a salad.

Lastly it is also interesting that I entered my results into an online health survey for a program my company is sponsoring and at the end the survey the site asked me to double check that I had entered my triglycerides correctly because it thought they were too low!