How Much Avocado Is Too Much?

Simple question.... How much can I eat? Is more than one avocado in a day too much? 

MrHerget.com

Instagram: @MrHerget

Twitter: @MrHerget

Email: [email protected]

Tagged:

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather

Eat as much as you like! IMO...I used to eat 4-5 a day when it was in season. 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• I like that answer a lot. :) 

MrHerget.com

• You can't expect a correct answer for you personally without giving all the variable information needed. You've not even mention your dietary goals!

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• According to what I gathered from most health gurus similar to Dave, there is no such thing as too much from the following:

Butter

Avocados

Coconut oil

Grass fed beef

I think there is a fine consensus that avocados are one of the best thing that one could consume. So eat it up! 

• yeah i eat an avocado almost every day. smoothies just aren't right without a good avocado in there!

along a similar note, what about too much coconut MILK? 

• You can eat too much of anything!

Just like you can drink too much water and eat too much salt and drink too much Bulletproof coffee. Two lead to death the other to something worse ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• RodRod The Rodfather

You can eat too much of anything!

Just like you can drink too much water and eat too much salt and drink too much Bulletproof coffee. Two lead to death the other to something worse :wink:

Yea, true too much of anything is bad but...a very big but, it's unlikely you are going to eat like 30 avocados in one sitting. With this respect, I think the questions is, will 4-5 avocados harm me in any way? I love guacamole and man, back in my party days, we used to kill tubs of that! Beer, Pizza, chips and guacamole...the good ole days!

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Never say unlikely in a forum! and guessing 4-5 is a guess! Wait and see what the poster actually means before giving him the all clear to do something undivided.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited September 2013

Never say unlikely in a forum! and guessing 4-5 is a guess! Wait and see what the poster actually means before giving him the all clear to do something undivided.

Let's be realistic, who is going to kill 10 avocados? I'v been on the forum for a while and I never seen anyone who is eating just avocados like that. I get your point, lets be exact but generally speaking, you're not going to OD on avocados because you will get full by the time that happens. I'm glad people can get different perspectives  on this point! 

This remind me of one of the podcasts where someone asks dave "Can I have as much protein as I want"  and his answer was NO! but you won't have too much because you're programed to not want that much ( to cause OD or toxicity ). I'm just going on the same concept! 

• Same issue with anything you tell people they can have as much as they like of. They'll over eat/consume! You know this, I know this, they know this, but some people are just looking for an excuse.

They won't be getting it from me ;-)

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

• RodRod The Rodfather

Same issue with anything you tell people they can have as much as they like of. They'll over eat/consume! You know this, I know this, they know this, but some people are just looking for an excuse.

They won't be getting it from me :wink:

Can we agree on the 5 avocado rule then?  ;) lol jp 

• yeah...and guess what, it's because 5 avocados is more than 1500 calories. And calories...(everybody freezes) do matter to some degree.

I think Robb Wolf said that in principle if you eat a low carb high fat diet you can eat as much as you want but there are always people who will make an exception to the rule.

if you're eating a stick of butter with every meal, you could gain weight, no matter how grass fed that butter is. 

• My apologies for not being clearer. I've been BP for about 8 months now. (other than a one month stint I took off that reminded me why I was BP in the first place) My goal is to stay lean and toned and just add more definition and muscle. Pretty much everyday I have one big Florida avocado and a couple times a week I have two of them. Basically I was just curious if I wanted 3 on a day, I wasn't taking it overboard. 

MrHerget.com

• For example, nuts are ok to eat but I know (especially by personal experience) that if I eat more than a serving a day, I'll put on a little bit of fat around my midsection. Are avocados the same way when you eat BP? 

MrHerget.com