Protein In Bulletproof Coffee

Hey, quick question! I was unsure about, would adding a scoop of whey isolate to my bulletproof coffee negate my fasting while doing bulletproof fasting? I was thinking it might, so wanted to know for sure before I tried it and stopped getting the benefits of Bulletproof Fasting that I like so much. And also, if the protein does end the fast, would I be able to add in some BCAA's instead and keep the fast? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I think the protein would halt the fast, as it woudl rise your sugar levels telling your body to store fat, not sure about bcaa's, I take them 15mins before a fasted workout, but it doesn't seem to be recommended during the actual fast.

There si no point in taking protein in your BPC, as youre getting enough calories from your BPC anyway, and then enough calories from your stored fat your body naturally maintains your muscles as there is enough energy for it.
    E-commerce and Webdesign Agency
    www.nowaydesign.com

Email "Bulletproof" to [email protected] and get a discount now!
  • Thanks, I was thinking it would end it. I was curious because I was trying to get more protein for muscle growth. I have ordered BCAAs and was going to follow a leangains approach, but was going to try and keep it as Bulletproof as possible and try and keep the intermittent fasting if possible because it works so well.
  • 'JHunterW' wrote:

Thanks, I was thinking it would end it. I was curious because I was trying to get more protein for muscle growth. I have ordered BCAAs and was going to follow a leangains approach, but was going to try and keep it as Bulletproof as possible and try and keep the intermittent fasting if possible because it works so well.

Yeah I read the lean gains stuff as well, and figured that you're ok on the Bcaas for a while until they all get digested so youre ok for about an hour after ingesting, but he does mention you can take them during fast as well doesn't he so I could be wrong.

During fasting I'm not necessarily worried about muscle gain, it will inevitably happen anyway but my goal is getting cut rather than both.

Once I stop the Fasting in august, I will be doing the BP coffee with Protein, eating a small lunch for lunch.

Curently I hit up the BPC with protein after the gym, cut the coffee if im working out late, so its pretty much BP Protein!
    www.nowaydesign.com

• Very Interesting. What time do you work out, I am just curious? I was thinking of BPC with protein once I quit fasting as well but thought I could go ahead and implement it if it wouldnt end my fast image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> when I do end the fast, I will be working out around 6 or 7 am because of classes, and so will have to eat when I can, so no fasting.
  • I work from 9am-6pm and hit the gym at 7pm so its convenient for me to fast over those hours and save money on lunch as well!

So I hit my BP Coffee at 8am, take my vitamins, and no eating till around 8pm on workout days (I eat at about 7pm on non workout days), I take about 5g - 10g BCAAs 15 mins before the gym, and a 100mg caffeine pill, I usually then have my BP Protein straight after the workout, its pretty much 100g of Ghee and about 40g of protein in Whey form, and then Im free to eat till about midnight to 1am.

I've found that since starting fasting my stomach has shrunk (or isnt producing as much acid due to seeing no need for it), I cannot fit as much food in the 8 hour eating window as I could before when I was bulking! (the other day I was in agony cos I over ate my stomach felt like exploding for a couple hours!).

I guess that's a nother reason to not worry about a lot of muscle gain during fasting as you wont be able to physically eat as much, and keep the high calorie consumption when you start bulking again.
    www.nowaydesign.com

• Ah okay, and yeah I have had the same problem about not being able to eat as much. Most definitely must be a stomach shrinking effect! I think I will work a bulletproof fast in on the weekends somewhere, and eat as much as I can when I can during the school/work week. It is hard to eat as much as I want to while fasting, I get full so easy!
  • Just don't put the whey in the coffee while it's hot! It denatures the proteins and tastes absolutely disgusting. I made the mistake of putting whey protein in hot oatmeal a long time ago and learned my lesson!