Does One Have To Be Careful Of Any Side Effects From A Chlorella&spirulina Stack?

I'm looking to introduce these two foods into my diet and was wondering if there's anything serious I'd have to look out for.  I'm guessing the normal food allergy stuff right?  I do believe I've had spirulina in the past without a problem.  

Here are the two brands I was looking to get:

http://store.naturalnews.com/assets/images/HR-Select-Clean-Chlorella-SL-200mg-10oz-Back-LowResolution.jpg

http://www.nutrex-hawaii.com/images/labels/Spirulina_Pwdr_5lb_1110web.jpg

Any input would be awesome. Thanks again guys.

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

what is your planned dosage?

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Given that there's minimal benefit after ten and anything after 20 is a waste I'll start at 10 and work up to 15 and see how it goes
  • Any idea if this is a good product? I can buy it locally along with the spirulina without having to order them online. 

http://www.iherb.com/Sun-Chlorella-A-500-mg-120-Tablets/34167

• RodRod The Rodfather

Any idea if this is a good product? I can buy it locally along with the spirulina without having to order them online. 

http://www.iherb.com/Sun-Chlorella-A-500-mg-120-Tablets/34167

Sun is fine but Clean Chlorella is the best

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Good googly moogly do I have a story for you guys. I've been taking the above products for about two weeks now without incident. However, I haven't taken them in the last two days because of work so last night I woke up around 7pm {I work nights} made my bulletproof coffee and then had four hard boiled eggs around 9. I leave my parents around 11:30 and am back at my place by 12. I say to myself lemme take the spirulina and chlorella so I take what's recommended on the labels. OK cook I start to feel warm and jittery a little while later like I've had too much caffeine and that mutates into nausea. Around 1:45 I have to run to the bathroom and I violently throw everything back up. This I'd weird because normally my stomach is "bulletproof".

So I decided to search online and I see this isn't an uncommon occurrence with the supplements. Any idea what could've happened. I'm going to discontinue them for now. Thanks again:-)
  • I'm feeling nauseous again right now trying to eat grrrr. On top of that I feel really tired. I wanted to get my muay Thai lesson tonight.
  • Yeah I ate some steak with it a few minutes after I took them
  • hm, i dunno then. i just recently started taking the same stuff, exact same brands and everything. i haven't noticed anything like that. maybe there was something up with one of the other foods you ate, or maybe your body just isn't into the spirulina/chlorella?

• RodRod The Rodfather
    edited October 2013

Good googly moogly do I have a story for you guys. I've been taking the above products for about two weeks now without incident. However, I haven't taken them in the last two days because of work so last night I woke up around 7pm {I work nights} made my bulletproof coffee and then had four hard boiled eggs around 9. I leave my parents around 11:30 and am back at my place by 12. I say to myself lemme take the spirulina and chlorella so I take what's recommended on the labels. OK cook I start to feel warm and jittery a little while later like I've had too much caffeine and that mutates into nausea. Around 1:45 I have to run to the bathroom and I violently throw everything back up. This I'd weird because normally my stomach is "bulletproof".

So I decided to search online and I see this isn't an uncommon occurrence with the supplements. Any idea what could've happened. I'm going to discontinue them for now. Thanks again:-)

This is after taking Chlorella and Spirulina? Do not hard boil the eggs!! Soft boil at max! 

I'm feeling nauseous again right now trying to eat grrrr. On top of that I feel really tired. I wanted to get my muay Thai lesson tonight.

I'm sorry, why are you feeling this way? What are you eating? 

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• Yea I felt sick after the Chlorella and spirulina last night which was about 2-3 hours after I ate dinner. I felt slightly nauseous when I was eating earlier. I ate some spinach, sweet potato and langoustine tails I got from trader joes. I can try cutting the dosage back on the spirulina and Chlorella. It just seems weird it hit me so after taking it for about 2 weeks with no problem. I had even done 10grams of th both on certain days without a problem. I really wanted to make this combo+calcium d glucarate a regular part of my stack. I could try taking them again tonight and see what happens.
  • RekaReka ✭✭✭

I'm feeling nauseous again right now trying to eat grrrr. On top of that I feel really tired. I wanted to get my muay Thai lesson tonight.

I thought the mighty Gannicus would go to fight no matter what! :P

This off topic post is meant to say that you have a cool username, I'm a big Gannicus fan. :)

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Will these algae clear out all heavy metals? like selenium, I'm taking them both as supplements.
  • Took the provided scoop of Chlorella powder this morning to recuperate from 2-days of flying... new to this supplement.

I "puked my guts out" 2 hours later, and I never "throw-up." Took with other supplements and BP coffee earlier. I also feel a little flu-like, had to leave work and nap in car.

So I saw the posts above .... still waiting to hear from Jason or someone "why" this happens? Is there some evidence to support that this is some sort of "healing crisis?"

Thanks

• RekaReka ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

I had the same effect so I had to cut way back. Maybe try to find the dose which doesn't make you sick, keep taking that and slowly work your way up. That's what I would do if I wasn't a lazy ass, afraid of nausea. :D

Actually, I will do it.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.