Do We Get To Eat On This Diet?

The BulletProof Executive explains that one should drink Upgraded Coffee for 5-6 days, and then you have one day off where you can eat sweet potatoes.Do you continue this pattern until you've lost the desired weight??

Comments

• BPC is meant to just be breakfast that should keep you satiated for quite some time. Then you eat Bulletproof the rest of the day.
  • edited July 2012
    what is BPC=upgraded coffee??

and bulletproof=what types of food does this consist of? almonds and what else??
  • kittykitty
    edited August 2013

BPC=bulletproof coffee. This involves low toxin coffee (you can order daves on the website) with at least 30g of grass fed organic butter (he does 80g), and optionally 30g of MCT or coconut oil. No milk. You can add cocoa if you wish, and the only sweeteners he supports are xylitol, and stevia.

Bulletproof diet is hard to explain in a couple sentences. Have you not seen the main bulletproof page that explains all the foods? The idea is to stick with grass fed meat, especially beef and lamb, and to avoid having artificial preservatives, colours, toxins, processed foods. Do not have vegetable oil (ie canola, peanut, soy, etc), have grass fed butter, and olive oil. Avocados are good. Dont have too many nuts, they irritate your stomach lining. You can have carbs, but only sweet potatos and white rice. Do not have things containing gluten; bread, cereals. This also is inflammatory. Have mostly cruciferous vegetables : cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumber, celery, spinach, onion. Do not use too many condiments, avoid ketchup, bbq sauce and those other things. Try to use spices and herbs. Coconut milk is okay. try to make sure its not in a BPA can. Dont have too much fruit. High sugar.

Are you trying to lose weight? Do you intend to do the rapid fat loss plan or are you intermittent fasting? Or just straight bulletproof?

The idea is that you are eating REAL food. The bread, cereals, pastas, pastries, processed foods we have been brought up with are not real food. They hurt us. So this is not some sort of temporary change that you make in order to lose weight. It is a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. You should look around the website more so you can understand it better. Try going to the main page and clicking on 'diet' at the top. This will give you a fair bit of information about what you need to do. and why. If you follow more links around you will learn more about the different protocols that dave and the Bulletproof intern have come up with.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/

Start here. Scroll down to see all the different foods you can have. Stick in the green zone.

Hope that helped a little

• edited August 2013

BPC=bulletproof coffee. This involves low toxin coffee (you can order daves on the website) with at least 30g of grass fed organic butter (he does 80g), and optionally 30g of MCT or coconut oil. No milk. You can add cocoa if you wish, and the only sweeteners he supports are xylitol, and stevia.

Bulletproof diet is hard to explain in a couple sentences. Have you not seen the main bulletproof page that explains all the foods? The idea is to stick with grass fed meat, especially beef and lamb, and to avoid having artificial preservatives, colours, toxins, processed foods. Do not have vegetable oil (ie canola, peanut, soy, etc), have grass fed butter, and olive oil. Avocados are good. Dont have too many nuts, they irritate your stomach lining. You can have carbs, but only sweet potatos and white rice. Do not have things containing gluten; bread, cereals. This also is inflammatory. Have mostly cruciferous vegetables : cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumber, celery, spinach, onion. Do not use too many condiments, avoid ketchup, bbq sauce and those other things. Try to use spices and herbs. Coconut milk is okay. try to make sure its not in a BPA can. Dont have too much fruit. High sugar.

Are you trying to lose weight? Do you intend to do the rapid fat loss plan or are you intermittent fasting? Or just straight bulletproof?

The idea is that you are eating REAL food. The bread, cereals, pastas, pastries, processed foods we have been brought up with are not real food. They hurt us. So this is not some sort of temporary change that you make in order to lose weight. It is a lifestyle change, not a crash diet. You should look around the website more so you can understand it better. Try going to the main page and clicking on 'diet' at the top. This will give you a fair bit of information about what you need to do. and why. If you follow more links around you will learn more about the different protocols that dave and the Bulletproof intern have come up with.

http://www.bulletpro...lletproof-diet/

Start here. Scroll down to see all the different foods you can have. Stick in the green zone.

Hope that helped a little

Your post was incredibly helpful.

You mentioned that its important to avoid foods that contain gluten however I was under the impression that white rice would be one of them? How often a day can we eat white rice? Is there a particular brand of white rice I should buy?

I would like to lose weight, and make it a lifestyle. I want to lose 40 lbs. I am not aware of the rapid fat loss plan but I will look into it. I desperately want to get this weight off.
  • are fried foods (grass fed beef) allowed on the BP diet?
  • 'Keisha' wrote:

are fried foods (grass fed beef) allowed on the BP diet?

Fried foods are not bulletproof. Frying food oxidizes the fat, which is bad. Generally, you want to cook your meat at a low temperature, and in some water if possible.
  • Keisha- rice in its pure form is gluten free. As long as you dont add stuff containing gluten to it, it should be fine. Like Leo said, Grass fed beef is great, but not fried. Try to simmer or bake it at low temperatures. Some people use a flavourwave.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, I would first try the straight bulletproof diet, to get used to the foods you can and cant have. You looked at the link yeah? stick to the green zone and see how you feel. It will be hard to snap straight into weight loss cause chances are you are depleted of some nutrients. I certainly was. Stick to it for about two or three weeks and see how you feel. Then think about intermittent fasting first. (where you dont eat for 20 hours and then eat for four hours)

I would not have too many carbs. Dont overload on fruit. Dont overload on sweet potatoes or rice. Try to only have a couple serves. So half a cup of rice, and a small sweet potato. Or a piece of fruit and a sweet potato OR rice. Try to start getting the good meats into you. Also, free range eggs are FANTASTIC. They really helped me progress. Make sure they are NOT grain fed. So read all the small type on the 'organic' or 'free range' egg packets. Often they will say 'our hens roam free. They are fed organic GRAINS' .. BAZARK! wrong. dont get them.

Best of luck!
  • Hey adam,

Actually I think that its kind of beautiful that there are lots of people that are interested in this lifestyle and learning about it. Can only be good for our community

Cheers
    www.optimoz.com.au

Upgraded products for Aussies AND NOW NZ!!
  • Hey adam. Your advice is much appreciated. Why dont you explain to those of us that dont understand things what you believe is right, instead of just telling some of us that we are wrong. Perhaps that is more productive?
  • Adam, why so hostile?

Maybe you should invest in an EmWave2 and spend some time using it, rather than trolling on the forums.
  • No, the Bulletproof Fasting approach is only maintained until you lose enough weight to be healthy. You can continue Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting after that for cognitive/anti-aging benefits.

• Jesus. For all the advice you're doling out you don't even know the definition of free-range? With the exception of like two or three people on here, these forums have really turned into people just parroting back things they don't understand and it's really kind of sad.

Adam

This is the second post I've seen from you, where the hostility level is extremely high. Dave gives out his information to help people and never seems to come off condescending. You come off as a know it all jerk. Dave once said, work on your personality before trying to increase cognitive function, because there is nothing worse than a smart jerk. I clearly see what he meant.
  • Hello Keisha,

There is so much information here on the Bulletproof website.

It is really worth just reading all.. or as much as... you can.

Most of your questions will be answered... what to do and what not to do.

And you can print out the Bulletproof Diet "pyramid/line" for guiding you .. image/icon_mrgreen.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mrgreen:' />
  • 'Dave wrote:

No, the Bulletproof Fasting approach is only maintained until you lose enough weight to be healthy. You can continue Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting after that for cognitive/anti-aging benefits.

I'm confused. Is Bulletproof fasting = rapid weight loss protocol and Bulletproof intermittent fasting = bulletproof coffee 6 days a week?
  • Bulletproof fasting is pretty much the rapid weight loss protocol where you only eat/drink coffee and fats. Bulletproof intermittent fasting is an approach you can take to the Bulletproof diet that you can continue for however long you want (most do it regularly due to its proven effects on longevity). The Bulletproof Diet is eating on the green side of the spectrum on Dave's infographics. The intermittent fasting approach is drinking the coffee in the morning *and only the coffee*. That's the catch. The fats you ingest (and this only works if you don't doctor your coffee with sugars or proteins) keeps your body in a fasted state without actually fasting per se. So that way you are able to "fast" for the entire night and morning and break your fast when you eat lunch later in the day (with Bulletproof foods of course). This *can* help with weight loss, but it is not needed. If you'd rather *not* do the intermittent fasting, feel free to have a hearty breakfast of the recommended fats/proteins (Dave recommends only eating the carbs later in the day).